Old 07-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Default It's official......

My butt and legs are size16 and my gut is a size 18. I am feeling really annoyed. All the 18's (even the ones without "W") fit normally in the waist - except one pair which has minor muffin top. Of course I don't like the way any of them look because they are baggy in the legs and butt - however looking straight on in the mirror my gut is smiling big!!! WTH? When I was thinner I never had a gut issue, I was evenly proportioned and dare I say it, I had a flat stomach! The size 16's look really good from behind and on the legs. I am looking at at least 20 pounds before I can squeeze my stomach in to them.

What can I do to make this stomach go down? I have only lost 1.5 inches in the stomach since April. But over 3.5 inches everywhere else except my biceps which are also only down 1.5. I know fat burning cardio will help, but what if it stays disproportioned? What if my stomach stays one size ahead of everywhere else? I feel like crying. I know, I know I am only 30 pounds down and have a ways to go - just someone please tell me the apron goes away!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/?/170

Height: 6'1"

The awful truth is...who knows when it will go away. Could be the next 10 pounds or the last 10 to go. I have only lost 20 pounds and I can see a big difference in my belly. I have always carried my weight a little more in my legs and never had belly issues until after I was pregnant. Just don't get discouraged. It WILL eventually go away even if its the last thing to go. People carry their weight differently. If its not already a part of your workout, good core exercises could help. Think of your abdominals as a girdle...if they are tighter you are going to be smaller in your stomach.
PANTS TIP: if you want to wear the 16's try using a rubber band threaded thru the buttonhole and over the button (if you aren't wearing short tops)...gives you some extra room so the rolls don't show as bad.
Med School Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I feel your pain...my legs and butt look hot in an 18...but I can't get it buttoned very well, and then my stomach looks horrible. Its hard. All you can do is just keep going and hope it goes down soon. Frustrating, but you are on your way to getting there!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Stomach tends to be the last to go...sorry to report. I'm still battling with the issue. I still have an apron and I don't think it will ever go away without surgery. We're of about the same height and starting weight and everyone's results are different, but I think we all need to have realistic expectations of what our post weight loss bodies will look like. I know my 148 lb body looks NOTHING like my 148 lb body of 10 years ago. Yes it's disappointing and depressing, but I'd take this body over my 268 lb body any day of the week. I wish I had better news for you, and your body may react completely differently than mine many people have had much better results than me so fingers crossed for you! Good luck and chin up you're doing great!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

It could be worse!

I'm the same weight as you Mary and Pinkhoodie (and the same height Mary was til this morning!) and I'm still wearing 24's because of that stupid belly fat.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I feel your pain. My belly is where I put on fat. It's the last to go and the first to come back.

It will get smaller as you continue to lose, I promise. Doing exercise for abs helps. If you aren't a fan of crunches/situps, there's a whole DVD called "Crunchless Abs" that will really give you a different kind of workout.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Thanks for asking this! I have the same issue and it is so frustrating. It's the part of my body that I absolutely cannot stand. I'm in the same boat as you.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #8  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

I am the same way. Work pants that fit in the waist sag on my butt, but I can't stand it tight around the waist. Work out shorts and sweat pants seem to be a little better, fortunately.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote