Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Feeling So Discouraged

I know that I'll be back on track today, and really I haven't been all THAT bad, but this last week has been very stressful for me. While I've stayed in my calorie range for eating, I haven't really been eating healthy or making the best choices. Instead of eating healthy meals throughout the day I've been saving my calories [mostly because I haven't had time to eat lunch at work all this week] and eating a dinner that I shouldn't.

I've got to knock it off, I'm a step away from sabatoging everything I've done. I don't know what it is, I should feel more empowered now that I'm under 200lbs and I do, somewhat. But it seems like now that I am getting thinner that everyone who was encouraging me along has stopped.

I know part of the reason I feel so badly is because the rewards that I've set up that I wanted to do - I just can't afford to do. Not that they are outrageously expensive, just times are tough and money is really tight for me right now and that's getting me even more down.

Whine, whine, whine - right? I have all the control here, I just need to pick myself up, stop feeling sorry for myself and get it done. Thanks for listening. I know, I know, this too shall pass.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #2  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

How about setting up rewards for yourself that don't cost an arm and a leg. Next Saturday is my reward day, not sure what mine will be but it is reward day.

Anyhow stay strong and know that each day brings a clean plate..ahem I mean clean slate and you can do anything you set your mind to
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing It 2010 View Post
How about setting up rewards for yourself that don't cost an arm and a leg. Next Saturday is my reward day, not sure what mine will be but it is reward day.

Anyhow stay strong and know that each day brings a clean plate..ahem I mean clean slate and you can do anything you set your mind to
Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out that is more cost effective. What kinds of things do you do for yourself as a reward?

You're right, each day is a new day and I know that today will be fine and I'll be right on point and I'll be feeling happy and encouraged again before I know it.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

What is your price range? Sometimes, I just like to buy myself a new nail polish. I paint my nails and feel better about myself. Or, something like a hair product that smells really nice....then, I can smell it and it reminds me of my accomplishment. If you have more money, you could go in for a pedicure. My favorite rewards (that cost money) are buying workout clothes or a song for my iPod. At Target, you can get really great workout gear for cheap. I think that's a nice reward too. If you don't have money to spend now, that shall pass too. You can have fun just going to the mall and trying on clothes and seeing how you look. I think it's fun to dream of what you will afford in the future....even though it's not now. You can also go there and have a makeover for free. Yes, they would like you to buy something but you're not obligated. Go to a gym and ask for a free day pass and use their hot tub. ; ) Ok, I really haven't done this myself, but I'm just brainstorming. Go to the bookstore and look through fashion magazines. Buy yourself a cup of Starbucks' Carmel Frap Light. It's 150 calories for a Grande and it's sooooo good and filling. It's pricey, but not reward-wise. Have you gone into discount stores like TJMax or Marshalls? You can find cute stuff as a reward.

Finally, material rewards are not so motivational for me. For me, it's more the goals themselves. So, what I have done lately is put up a dress that is hanging right in the middle of my room. I DREAM of being able to wear it and when I'll be able to, that will be the biggest reward.

You've got a great attitude and you know you need to pick yourself up and get back on track. You can do it!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

I think next Saturday I am going to go see a movie and have a small popcorn but then again I just might go buy myself a new outfit in a SMALLER size

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrina View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out that is more cost effective. What kinds of things do you do for yourself as a reward?

You're right, each day is a new day and I know that today will be fine and I'll be right on point and I'll be feeling happy and encouraged again before I know it.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there and don't give up. I agree with finding other rewards that are less costly or maybe even free. I don't have any ideas cause I don't have a reward system in place for myself. I think, for me,the reward is being healthier. I am sure if you do a search for rewards then some threads will pop up

Good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #7  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Those are some great reward ideas, LuckyMommy I'm going to have to remember some of them for myself. I don't usually have rewards in mind (probably because I'm not getting anywhere fast at ALL here).

Audrina - look at the first two numbers on your signature. See how far you've come. Compare today to a day you'd have had before you started on your journey. How different will today be from that day? Exercise-wise, food-wise, mental outlook-wise, the whole picture. Those two numbers tell me a lot about your outlook and what you can do. Congratulations that you've come so far already. Great job and don't get discouraged. What were some of your rewards - can we modify them a bit and have them still "work" for you?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

Sometimes a reward can be a really simple experience, like deciding that you will do no housework for an afternoon and instead, will sit in the backyard and read an entire Oprah magazine (or a trashy novel) while drinking iced tea.

Spendy rewards are fun, but so are simple things like a magazine or a nail polish or just an afternoon off from housework to lay around and watch something fun like "Footloose" or "Dirty Dancing".
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #9  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

hang in there.

you've recognized what's going on and you're working to get back to what was working well for you, so that is something.

i remember reading your post recently about how you'd made it to onederland and how excited and happy you were. so i just wanted to remind you of how you felt at the time.

sometimes if i have a reward that isn't in my budget right now, i will go window shopping in the store or online and doing that can sometimes make me feel better. but i agree with some of the other posters that maybe if you found some less expensve rewards for now you might find that to be fun and relaxing.

don't give up. you can do this.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone, and thank you so much for the suggestions on rewards for meeting my mini goals, I'll definitely keep them in mind as I go on with my journey.

I spent the day shopping for new clothes. Needless to say the clothes I was wearing 80lbs ago are way too big for me now, most of them [tank tops in particular] are so big I can't even sleep in them without getting tangled in them. I got a bunch of new shorts, some [skinny!!] jeans, new bras [I had lost a cup size and inches], some workout clothes... My family got them for me because I'm so tight on funds and I am beyond greatful for them and their gift to me.

I also didn't have a crying breakdown in the dressing rooms because I hated my body so much. I disliked what I saw in the mirror but I didn't dislike it so much I was moved to tears.

Just gotta keep trucking. I'll feel better soon. Thanks again for all the kind words and help.