Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/241/135

Height: 5'5"

Default ? about Wonderslim

Hi all! I absolutely LOVE Wonderslim.But can't afford it anymore.Does anyone know of some other shakes or something that I could use in the place of Wonderslim but still follow the same diet?? I know slimfast would not cut it.I have tried that already.Does anyone have any cheaper ideas??
$10/box is just too much.

Blessings!
Brenda
homeschoolmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

I can't recommend any particular shakes, however, if you spend a few hours doing comparisons/homework online, say dropping by low carb purveyors like Netrition or health food suppliers like GNC or even Amazon.com or Drugstore.com (who often have great deals on protein products), just use your copy/paste to set up a comparison chart (no matter how rudimentary).

Figure out which mix (you probably will get a better deal if you buy powders you MIX YOURSELF with water or Almond Breeze low carb beverage) will give you the comparable protein to carb to calories ratios.

It's cheaper to buy a big ole cannister of some protein mix (in a flavor you love) or two of them, and just make it yourself in a shaker cup or blender. You might even be able to warm up the chocolate flavored ones to get a hot choco protein drink. Worth experimenting.

It's easy to read reviews and see which ones taste good, etc.

I've enjoyed the BSN Dessert Lean ones (that are lower carb than their others). Let me get one from my kithen: My CINNAMON ROLL flavored one-- it's 130 calories per scoop, 3 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, 7 g of carbs. So, it's a lot more protein--5 grams more-- but 30 more calories more, too. A bit more fat, but the SAME carbs (so the protein to carb ratio is actually BETTER). My cannister (smaller than the Synta 6) cost me 20 bucks (though I used a coupon code I had for Drugstore.com and got it cheaper). It has 18 servings. However, you can use a bit less per scoop since you can reduce calories and get very, very close to Wonderslim's numbers. That would take you to more than 18 servings, maybe 20, and it would mean about a buck per serving. Less than Wonderslim, which is 7 packets for 10 bucks. I have it in chocolate coconut, Cinnamon Roll, and Banana Pudding. I like all those flavors. This is one of the tastier protein mixes I've tried.

Designer Whey is worth checking out. (Avoid Muscle Milk, as it was documented as highly contaminated with toxic metals by Consumer Reports.)

If you do that comparison for other brands, you can make a decision.

It's not hard to compare. It's just a matter of taking the time, really.

I hope you find something you LOVE LOVE LOVE (and look out for when coupons for WonderSlim crop up, cause I got 15% off my first order by using a coupon that was only good for ONE day that I found by luck). Just set up a Google Alert for the coupons for that provider or product specifically and Google can send you a daily alert. It can't hurt. Ya might get lucky and catch a day with a nice big discount.

Last edited by Mirtika; 07-24-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #3  

Oh, forgot to suggest that in your comparison, compare cost per equivalent caloric serving. That way, you can figure out the CHEAPEST one that qualifies, too.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #4  

Might also take a look at the BSN Syntha-6 Ultra Premium Lean Protein Powder. I'm looking at the caramel latte stats, and HALF a scoop is VERY VERY close to WonderSlim. 100 cals, 11 protein, 3 fat, 6.5 carbs. And it's 1.5 grams of fiber. Uses sucralose in the ingredients.

That means, using half a scoop, you get 60 servings (not the full scoop of 30). Right now, the price I see at Drugstore dot com is 36 bucks. So that's SIXTY CENTS per serving. Amazon likely has better prices.

HOWEVER, take any protein shake at your own risk--and that includes MediFast and WonderSlim. Consumer Reports back in their July issue (or June, forget) had a report on the contamination of protein shakes with cadmium, lead, arsenic, etc. BSN had contaminants as did Jillian Michaels' and Muscle MIlk and others.

Look at their chart to consider one of the least contaminated or no-contamination ones like Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey or Solgar Whey To Go Whey Protein Powder (which they tested in the vanilla). I haven't had those and don't know the nutritionals, but they were much safer than BSN and MM and JM or eAS or GNC or Designer Whey (which I have tasted the last one, it's good).

Here's the link, though the forum probably disables: http://www.meltingmama.net/.a/6a00d8...28fb470970c-pi

You can get it by googling, though.

Last edited by Mirtika; 07-24-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 AM   #5  

After checking the nutritionals on WHEY TO GO by Solgar, I like them. Very similar to WS and cheaper than WS and MF by serving of a scoop.

110 calories
7 g carbs
1 g fat
1g fiber
16 g protein

No artificial sweeteners. Natural cocoa for flavor (or natural vanilla bean). About a buck or less per serving (depending on where you buy). About 15 cents cheaper per serving than WS. Way cheaper than MF from what I understand.

Nice.

I just ordered a cannister in each flavor. This one sounds way healthier than the WS and MF and costs less. It won't replace puddings and stuff, but definitely can replace shakes without the heavy toxic metals.

Last edited by Mirtika; 07-24-2010 at 01:56 AM.