South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beach Happenings

"Oh! What a beautiful morning, oh, what a beautiful day! And I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way."

Sorry if that's too much for you this morning, but I came downstairs to discover Jake had a pot of coffee all ready for me. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Who's awake and wants to share some with me?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cat wake-up at 4:30 so I'm going to need lots of coffee today.

I'm heading off to NY this afternoon so the usual limited internet access for the weekend. Guess I need to make a list and get everything packed. I still end up with way too much stuff every time I go. Need to work on that
Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you get plenty of caffeine in you before starting that long drive, Cyndi! Be careful and have a good trip.

Wishing you a great day, Ruthie!

I'm just going to go poke around at the farm a little this morning, and maybe get the girls' garden weeded if it's not too hot. Caitlyn and Carley were supposed to come out yesterday to spend a few days, but Caite had to end up working, instead. I'm hoping they can make it out today, as we have only 2 more weeks before Caite moves to Texas, then I don't know when I'll see her again. It breaks my heart to have her so far away, at least I could drive to Bar Harbor when she was there! But she's off to new and exciting things, and I wish her well.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Morning all! Good luck to Catie in Texas! This is day 11 and I'm cookin beans! I think I'm making 2 much beans but oh well! How do u cook your beans by the way? I am cooking 2.5 cups. I soaked it overnight and I'm gonna boil it for thirty five minutes before continuing with the process! Have a nice and Beachy day!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #6  
Be happy.

On the road again....

Fergie and I are heading out in a few minutes. We probably won't get all the way to Massachusetts today, we like to stop and poke around when something looks interesting, but we'll get close. I've had a really nice vacation but now I'm more than ready to head home!

Linda, my daughter moved to Houston right after she graduated from college. It's a tough mixture of feelings, isn't it? Being excited for them and proud that they're following their dreams but sad that they're so far away. Good luck to Caite and to you and the rest of the family as you get used to her being so far away.

Drive safe Cyndi and have a great visit!

Hello Sue, Okie and those to come.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all. Another day with excessive heat warnings here - July in Kansas - ugh. Between that and guests my exercise is slacking. Need to get my rear in gear. Nothing much happening here today. Errands, niggles. (Is that the right word?)

Okie - I make Cyndi's beans every week and eat them for breakfast. You can find the recipe here.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I wanted to say hi! My reading glasses are upstairs and I'm barely functioning without them. Coffee is downstairs and the pups are already outside=I know where Ii'm headed, too.

We traveleled over to our other house yesterday after getting a call that DD had been assulted and was hospitalized. Her Mom is doing the all night drive from Minn for big pow wow today. Exes and new spouses have never "hung out" so this should be a hum dinger of a day! lol

Take care everyone!

Okie-You're on the right track! I just cook 'em till they're done-they freeze well, too. What kind are you making?

COFFEE!!!

BTW-Rudi is doing well here-no stairs to the outside. It was so cute-this morning my shadow, Bing, had moved from my side in the night and was downstairs sleeping by Rudi. It was very touching to me...since Rjdi will never get up to the second floor again.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

On the beans, just boil them until tender. They freeze well. I usually put them in individual portions and stick them in the freezer.

MIL is taking the kids today for a few hours -- YIPPEE! I desperately need to get some housecleaning done. or maybe i'll just nap.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks all! I made black eyed beans.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Last night feel asleep at 8 p.m. I was so tired, have lots of energy today and so far op eating, goal is to eat op for the next two weeks so that when I go on vacation I will still be in the right frame of mind.

Have a wonderful day everyone, beans sound great may have to make some tonight.
Closed Thread