Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Gabriel Method - anybody know anything about this?

Hey all, I clicked on one of the links to this site and it directed me to a site called Gabrielmethod.com. The guy promises that you can lose a ton of weight with no diet or exercise. Sounds sketchy to me at best.

Not that I am going to try this, but I have to admit my curosity is piqued. Has anybody heard of this and what this is all about? Supposedly the guy went from 400+ lbs to around 180 doing it.

Thanks!
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
lose a ton of weight with no diet or exercise
Sounds phony to me. The ads on this site are from Google Ads so don't depend on them just because they are from 3FC.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

"No diet or exercise" = I WANT YOUR MONEY NOW!

Don't trust it. We all know that in order to lose weight ONE MUST diet and/or exercise. That is just a fact of life.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

OK, that ad you are referring to is very misleading; and I don't know if Jon has sanctioned it becuz he certainly did change how he ate by switching to whole, natural foods; and he did do exercise in the form of his favorite activities (one of which was gardening/landscaping; plus even on his book cover, you see him doing sit-ups).

From what I have read so far -- at first he just cut out all junk foods and fast foods; then very slowly moved to natural whole foods like lots of raw veggies & salads and lean meats like fish & poultry; plus, he added in good fats like flax oil which he now markets. On his site, he gives you lots of recipes and the basics of his plan (per se) for free. He will send you the first chapter of his book for free and a visualization dvd for free as well.

I plan to buy the book on my upcoming holidays along with a couple of others. The man did lose the weight and is a food scientist. I will let you in on a little secret right now though: basicly, the plan is a whole foods, plus natural live foods, good fats, lower carb plan.

When they say he didn't do exercise or follow any known diet; that is true. He created his own based on scientific research he and some colleagues in Australia did while he was in university there. As for exercise, he did not join a gym or any organized exercise regimen -- he just did activities that he knew that he would enjoy and stick too, like gardening and toning exercises, etc.

Hope this helps you a bit more ... go to the site and read it for yourself!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-21-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

I have the book.. His approach on Mediate and listening to his CD that you get on his website. He mentions on eating organic. I have not tried his method, but I believe he is another Anthony Robbins to help people holistic way of life. Face our fears and follow your heart on any life events. Don't use our weight as a safety nest.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS LILIANN ~ I don't have the book yet, but I gathered that from the first chapter as well; I agree with your assessment ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote