South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Beach Wanderings

Good Morning

My family is leaving this morning and I'm up early to figure out what happens next. Coffee is on! I'm grabbing a cup and gathering Bing for a trip outside and a meditative moment. Have a cup....I'll be back soon....what's up??? (other than me!)
Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning and here's a cup of coffee.

A busy day is cranking up but it's quite pleasant out there with a lot of bird twittering going on. The loons have already done their fly-over but I saw a Great Blue Heron pass by. It's very quiet out there for now but the noise and traffic will start soon. The Fair opens tomorrow but the midway still needs more work and there'll be trucks up and down the road all day. Tomorrow things will be in full swing and there won't be a parking space left down street!

So....I'm ready to roll and will go over very shortly to tiddle up the flower beds and put the finishing touches on the schoolwork exhibit. Pet therapy at noon followed by banking and then I'll do Homecraft registration until 6, trying not to drool on the cakes! Early bed tonight for sure!

My ear worm for the day is
The sun is a-rising
To welcome the day.
Heigh-ho!
Come to the fair!

(I always feel about six when it's Fair time.)
Old 07-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Whoops! It's WEDNESDAY! Thanks for the wake-up call, Debbie. I guess I should have taken a meditative moment. My brain may still be sitting in the glass jar on the dresser today.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello, Ruth! It sounds like a busy day...good that you have that youthful feeling with all the fair events coming on! Heigh Ho! I'm wondering if you have any quilting entries this year and will be keeping my fingers crossed for good weather....I still have last year's debacle etched in my brain.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

lol, Ruth! I was just looking at my watch trying to figure out what day it really is! To tell the truth, I was quite unsure myself!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Yes, it was very wet but we still got through it and broke even. The performer who opted out because of the rain is back this year. I hope he can play. We need a covered stage.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for getting the coffee on, Deb! I'm on my second cup already.

It's pleasantly cool in the house right now, but if you step outside it feels like a tropical rain forest. I did get down to the garden to pick beans after the sun went down last night, and it wasn't too bad. I picked enough beans to get two big bags to freeze. We had another 4 tomatoes ready to pick, too. I just love getting all my vegetables fresh from the garden. There are two spaghetti squash that look ripe enough to pick, so I may have one for tonight's supper.

I was thinking of joining Cindy's family at their shore house today, as it's Maggie's 7th birthday, but I just don't feel like driving down there today. They have a houseful of family, anyway. I may go down on Friday and take Amber with me if I can get her out of camp for the day.

My coffee is empty again already. How'd that happen?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a foggy morning here so I don't yet know if it will be sunny.

Debbie - Happy quieter house It's lovely having visitors and lovely returning to routines. A meditative moment sounds like a perfect way to start the day.

Ruth - Are you a day behind us? Enjoy the fair prep day

Should be a quiet day at the office today. Yesterday I announced my hour change and another staffer gave two weeks notice. It's the season for changes. This morning will be desk work and this afternoon I'm going to teach a provider and her son how to use a vacuum sealer. She was one of our early garden sites and attended the food preservation workshop I did a few years ago with her son. Now he is really into canning, freezing and dehydrating. Last summer I picked up a vac sealer at a thrift store for them. They want me to show them how to seal jars so we are doing that today. It's definitely a stretch from the official job description but makes me happy.

Tonight I'm getting things set to head to my parents tomorrow. For now though, another cup of coffee

ETA - good morning Cottage I'm so jealous, my spaghetti squash are just starting to flower.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-21-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You girls are messing with my mind this morning! I had to look at the calendar and see what day it is.

Good morning, Cyndi!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Pet therapy is sooooo cool! That's when I got rid of my fear of dogs! Have a nice day at the fair! Hey Debster! Have a nice day. I know u'll miss the familia!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Same old, same old here. Hot and heading off to day 3 of workshop. Somebody shoot me, please. It's a game of "how not to slide off a chair (a hard chair) in complete boredom agony. Graphs, charts, statistics and droning voices. I plan on taking a chunk of the extra money I'm getting and blowing it at Ulta. At least today's part will be at my own school and I can get some socializing time in.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sorry I have been MIA, I try to atleast read some of the posts. Hopefully everyone is having a wonderful summer this year.

Took DH to airport this morning he has gone to OC for a week and then at the end of next week we are going to Myrtle Beach for a week.

My eating has been horrible and I have no one but myself to blame can't seem to get it together mentally. Hopefully by stopping by more frequently in the posts I will gain the motivation I need to stop the stupidity.

Have a Great Day today
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, Wow! Your description of the tropical rainforest was felt out here! Driving doesn't sound fun-just stay near home and enjoy your day.

Cyndi, glad to hear everything is out in the open at work! Enjoy your day as you prepare for time away from home.

Okie, maybe you could find someone with therapy dogs to help you work through your fears. My pups are extra friendly and extremely harmless!

Cat, *snore* Be careful on that chair! I hope shopping helps ease your pain!

Pearlrose, sorry about the poor food choices but taking responsibility is a good first step. I do feel that checking in helps...yet understand how hard it is when life is so busy.

I've been plodding along-getting bills paid and trying to mentally plan my new routine which STILL includes two patients but MUST also include better eating. I did quite well these past weeks but need to grab onto my healthy habits, fit more exercise in and discard the unplanned eating. Ok, that sounds doable! Refrigerator clean out is inevitable and Phase 1 for at least today is mandatory! I would like to say I'll P1 for longer, but I think it's best to take one day at a time right now and focus on long term health.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks.

My family leaves today as well and I am looking forward to getting back to "normal." Our summer break is more than halfway over so the time has come to get my teen doing something productive. Nothing much else happening here.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks,
not much new here. Icky sticky hot. Work work work. I dread putting in my notice. Three of the managers in my department have put in theirs in the last two weeks, and two other staff. We're in the middle of a proposal, and my leaving will make things difficult. If I can't work out the timing, I will definitely be leaving some angry people behind. Well, best to worry about that once I actually have an offer (or hopefully more than one!).

My DD has been "dieting" and exercising for a month or so. She has about 25 lbs to lose. She hasn't lost anything and is getting discouraged, and was talking Jenny Craig, so I suggested South Beach. She decided to try it, I loaned her my book, and she posted on her facebook yesterday, "Goodbye Carbs forever!" I get so tired of hearing that.

I feel for you, Cat. All day boring meetings and classes are torture.
Have a good one chicks.
Closed Thread