South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chick Chat

Happy Tuesday!

There's a nice little breeze stirring, making it very pleasant to sit outside with my coffee. Too bad it won't be as nice later this afternoon, when I have to pick stringbeans. I'd do it now, but I have to take my car in for inspection first thing today. I'll go over to the farm afterwards for a while, then maybe have a refreshing dip in the pool before tackling those beans.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Yum, fresh beans sound good. I haven't had any yet this year but now I might need to find some

I actually ended up home and back in bed yesterday afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's just allergies but I'm wiped out. I sure hope this passes before I have to drive Thursday.

It's staff meeting at work. We will let everyone know about my impending job status change and new employer. It will be nice to have that all out in the open finally. Then desk work and a late afternoon haircut.

Tonight it's whole grain blueberry pancakes and veggie sausage for dinner I've been thinking about them for a week!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I have coffee but no pool and no string beans....yet. Mine were just babies last time I checked. I can't remember when that was so I'd better check them out today.

A busy day ahead with Fair stuff, per therapy, maybe some groceries, the soccer girls' Bingo and other odds and sods. I'm hoping to get a chance to talk to some of the girls about what really happened in Sweden. They tell me things that I know they don't tell their parents - it's a good feeling to know I have their confidence. Everybody needs an extra gramdma!

Whatever's on your plate today ENJOY! Life is too short to mess around with it.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Another day with heat warnings here. My sister-in-law is here today and her hubby (my brother) shows up this afternoon. (My niece and nephew will be at my mom's house.) They want to go out for Mexican food tonight. I'm already thinking how much more complicated it is to eat when someone else is in the equation.

Have a great day all.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Heading off to the second day of workshop with smoothie and lunch in tow. I am SO glad I brought my lunch yesterday. Those that went out to eat during the break got stuck at an Italian restaurant and were 45 minutes late getting back to the workshop (including my principal so they didn't get in trouble!) I sipped on a chia fresca all morning long and it kept me very full and happy. Hot as Hades here today.
Gotta run, so no time for personals,...BUT, Cyndi, check into MSM for allergies. It has knocked out mine completely...and getting rid of the dark circles under my eyes caused by them. No more snoring for hubby either.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I am dragging butt this morning, icky headache and nausea, plus crampy and whiny. I just want to go back to bed. At least I am home today. I'm mad at myself because I dragged a bunch of stuff from the garage to put in the car for Goodwill drop, but DH had some stuff in the trunk, so it sat in the driveway and got rained on overnight. Now I'll probably have to throw a lot of it out, grrr. What a mess.

Looks like we're in a pattern of heat and isolated thunderstorms all week. DH wants to go camping this weekend but I can't even make myself think about it yet. He wants to go back to the beach, but I'm hoping for somewhere closer (and easier).

PS Cat, when you mentioned your chia fresca yesterday, I have to admit I envisioned you sipping from a can of Fresca covered with chia sprouts, LOL.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-20-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey girls! Have a great day everyone. I'm on day 9 of P1 and it's coming along quite nicely. I weigh myself in 3 days, yippie!

Last edited by BellaLucia; 07-20-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone. Still battling the bloat this morning, although I did make sure to drink a lot of water and metamucil yesterday....it's unfortunate that this had to happen right before WI day (tomorrow). I'm going to hit the gym hard this morning and try to rid my body of whatever toxins are hanging around and hope for the best tomorrow. At this point, I would be pretty happy with just staying even from last week.

Have a great day!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Cottage - homegrown green beans are the best. Enjoy your pool.
Ruth - the drive to Kingston should be lovely.
Cyndi - it will be nice to be out in the open and start planning more
Karen - eating out always throws me off. I hope to conquer it some day.
Cat - hope your day goes good.
Schmoodles - I thought you were going to say that you gave some of your DH valuable stuff away by mistake. Hope you feel better
FO - Three more day, you must be anxious.
Zeff - Feel better
Me - Rain is suppose to hit us this morning so I am out to weed my front garden and so pleased because finally I am getting some sweet pea flowers. I planted the seeds quite late but I just love them.
Have a great day everyone
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 07-20-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm eager Sophie, I'll be anxious if I don't see at least a 2lbs drop!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

HI all,
I really need to get a move on --have family coming in tomorrow for 10 days :0. I know. It's my time of the month again and with a few mishaps this weekend at my parent's house I'm feelin hella bloated. My husband was down in Boca Raton for a guy's weekend and made a few mistakes too. We're so much better together.

Happy Tuesday all!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Busy, busy here and some family dynamics flyin' around. I'm sticking as close to plan as possible considering I never know where the next meal will be. Today is a super traditional mexican place which actually has very good options. Everyone leaves tomorrow-then it will be back to Kirk, Mom and I.

See ya'll!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW 272/CW 250.5/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Today for the first time in years, I got up at 6 am to workout before my day starts and it felt good. Now I can get my workout in before i come up with any excuses. I am on day 8 of phase 1 and enjoying it, now more cravings.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:01 PM   #14  
Be happy.

Hello ladies

I flew back to PA this morning. I had a really, really nice visit with Cathy and her husband. Fergie and I have a few more days here with my sister in law, and then we'll head home and back to the 'real world'. It's probably a good thing vacations don't last forever. I can't believe how quickly I slipped back into bad habits these past couple of weeks. My clothes still fit, but I'm seriously considering a week or so of phase 1 when we get home. I need to get my head back in the game.

Have a great afternoon!
Closed Thread