Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #1  

Default Kirstie Alley's Organic Liaison???

Just looked at this the other day. It's pretty new - Kirstie was talking about it on a rerun of Oprah. I had a little bit of time to browse the site, but has anyone here used the product?? I'm interested in the organic diet part, but trying to weigh cost/benefits.
rchlwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Here's the thing.

The ingredients of her supplements are not disclosed before ordering (red flag), and are automatically billed monthly (BIG RED FLAG).

The information she's giving (local sources for organic ingredients) can be obtained for free (www.localharvest.org is one great source).

Weight loss can be acheived without special supplements, especially ones that you don't even know the ingredients for!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Hey, listen Mad!

it's been awhile since I have been posting (that's another story) but I remember when Mandalinn was doing her own weight lose without any other "stuff". It can be done! I hadn't heard about this latest but doesn't it always seem like there is always a new product around the corner to replace some of the other ones. If the other ones were that good why do we keep needing a new and better one?

There is nothing like solid healthy eating, lowering calories consumed against increasing calories burned to get results. Why do we keep searching for the "Diet Holy Grail?" Once, I stopped reinventing the wheel and began doing that (which I just wrote above) I have begun to get the results that I have always dreamed of.

Pam

PS I am sorry manda, I meant Manda not Mad! I swear I can't type today.

Last edited by pamatga; 07-14-2010 at 02:34 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #4  
it's always something

Amanda has my vote for the voice of reason in weight loss too! Check out the Goal forum and Maintainers forums for more examples of how realistic diet and exercise can get you where you want to be. But you won't find recommendations for supplements etc in there.

Regarding Organic Liaison, all I can say is shame on Kirstie Alley!

I've looked into the ingredients and some are potentially dangerous, and all are completely unnecessary for weight loss. The program will offer a calorie controlled meal plan, which is all you need to lose weight. The expensive products she hawks are shameful. I'm all for organic foods. I am an eco-chick to the core. But the use of the word 'organic' has been grossly misused in this situation.

We should bring back our annual Rotten Egg awards.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #5  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I would not be interested in any weight loss product Kirstie is hawking. I think she has not shown any real knowledge or expertise on how to lose weight and has set a horrible example. I suspect this new venture is simply a way to make money at other's expense and I'll bet she does not even use it herself.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

must agree, don't take ANY diet advice from Kristy Alley. Love the woman, but she hasn't been the greatest at keeping the pounds off.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #7  

I had to LOL when I looked at that site. The "organic info" you get when you sign up is totally available on google for free. What IS that mysterious crimson liquid? My daughter said: "That must be the Kool-Aid you have to drink to believe there's some Kirstie Alley 'magic bullet' diet program!" It used to irritate me when she was making those Jenny commercials with Val B after she had already gained like 80% of the weight back. Not that she re-gained the weight but just the dishonesty.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #8  

It turns out the red stuff's "magic ingredient" is basically a Calcium Magnesium drink that you can buy in any health food store for about 75% less -- mixed with an 'EngerC" type flavor base. The other "magic" is green tea extract likewise scandalously over-priced. This whole thing is a scam to mark-up readily available supplements. The "affordable" plan, when you add up the monthly supplement charge ($139) $10 a month fee for he site, "enrollment fee" etc. is $1800 A YEAR!! I'm sure that is a $1500 mark up AT LEAST than if you just bought the stuff at the health food store, and I'm not at all convinced it would be effective if you did.

Since she's been "developing" this for TWO YEARS and they still won't include one full body shot of her I'm sayin' RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!

Last edited by K8-EEE; 07-20-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

This whole thread has me cracking up! Kirstie's trying to make a dollar.
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #10  

Really you have to see her sales video on the Organic Liaisons site. "Is Organic Liaisons different? Yes! It's organic! Not KINDA organic, but actually organic!" They don't even have any food products, it's all just sups. But the tell you to buy all organic food (cha ching) because "the pesticides get in your fat cells." Um...huh? Didn't she admit to going on huge binges eating large quantities of butter, I mean if she would have eaten sticks of organic butter she would still have gained weight! People forget that binging (and binging is necessary to gain 85 pounds in a year) IS in itself an eating disorder (one that I have.) It's disordered eating! You don't have to be an anorexic or bullemic to have an eating disorder, and if you have one, no magic potion you can buy is going to make it go away.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #11  
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

There needs to be a massive movement and campaign of maintainers and weight losers who are doing the calorie counting/exercise program, to speak out against people like Ms. Alley.

In the past I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on "programs" supplements, vitamins, books with so called new diets, etc, all for nothing.

The diet industry needs to be accountable for the amount of financial, social, and psychological damage it perpetrates on innocent people.

What we need are more nutritionists and physicians, to help us regulate our leptin, gherelin, and insulin levels and increase the likelihood that obese and formerly obese folks, can remain satisfied with smaller less, fatty/calorie dense foods.

We need psychologists, trainers, and ,mental health workers, to help us make sustainable life choices, create do able and sustainable exercise programs, and build up supportive life systems.

Last edited by Harsdottir; 07-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 AM   #12  

I'm sure the amount of money spent on some weight loss "diet programs" are better spent on putting fat and muscles to the skins of the underfed.
olivia39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cglasscock1 View Post
I would not be interested in any weight loss product Kirstie is hawking. I think she has not shown any real knowledge or expertise on how to lose weight and has set a horrible example. I suspect this new venture is simply a way to make money at other's expense and I'll bet she does not even use it herself.
This!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
must agree, don't take ANY diet advice from Kristy Alley. Love the woman, but she hasn't been the greatest at keeping the pounds off.
And this!!!

Really??? I mean, who looks at Kirstie Alley and says "hey, I'm gonna take weight loss advice from HER!!!" No offense to her...I mean, I think she's always been pretty at ANY weight...but when she's been battling this long and losing this long, who is she to act like she has all the answers when she obviously can't put them to use herself???
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #14  

True Natasha....here's a more detailed accounting of what you actually get for a month's supply of these supps -- $140! A 75% mark up at the very least. I think this whole enterprise badly miscalculated the current economy, wouldn't most people research the stuff and try to get a better deal on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Faqk4qmz9Y

There is no magic in this box....I can promise you all that.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #15  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I like how the site makes your mouse have a neat bubble trail...lol but that freaky pink liquid looks scary lol

idk if it is true or not but I read online that there were rumors she gained back the weight she had lost so she could do her own weight loss thing. Which seems really bad if it is true.

I watched atleast one episode of her reality show and IMO she left a bad impression in my mouth. Like she was just looking for some magic cure and not really dedicated to the work it took to lose weight. And during the episodes she was developing this weight loss stuff so yeah
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote