Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: July 19- July 25

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning All:

Sloan posted late last night, so you might want to catch up with her.

I hope you all have a great OP day. I'm on my porch, listening to the birds, including a noisy Jay who seems to be calling all his cousins in the county to have breakfast.

I received bad news about my older brother this morning from one of his daughters. She and her brother have moved my brother into an assisted living place, but they fear his health is much worse than they expected. So, it seems that we are headed for a series of medical and social work tests for him. It will not be easy.

I seem to have started this week with new resolve. I hope it lasts past noon!

Rhonda
Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/seeticker/200

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. I start my new job today in an hour. Wish me luck!
wwmandy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Afternoon Chicks! I lost a pound and now I'm off to do errands. I think I'm making Core Chicken Cacciatore tonight or tomorrow for dinner. I've been craving it!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! We got an early start this morning to go to the nurse practitioner to get blood drawn and follow up on DH's diabetes. He has been diabetic for 20 years and is very thin for a diabetic with adult onset. We found out today that his pancreas is no longer making any insulin, so he will now take insulin before meals and at night. We knew this was coming, but it will still be a difficult change. I have been strict OP for the last four days and hope to weigh what my tracker says I weigh within the next two days.

Rhonda, it sounds like you have had lots of bad news over the past few days. Does your brother live near you? I'm praying for peace for you and God's grace in the lives of your friends/family that are hurting.

Vickie, congrats on one more pound. One at a time, girlfriend!!!! You are doin' it

I'll check in later. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #6  

Mandy..thinking of you & your new job!! Let us know how it goes

Vickie..That cacciatore sounds good..I couldn't find the recipe in the recipe section..Do you know where I could get the recipe ??

Rhonda..I am resolved this week too. While vacationing I maintained..but now
I need to LOSE !!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Mandy. It's good to have you here. Please keep posting. We'd love to get to know you for success with your new job.

Rhonda, I am so very so very sorry about your brother's declining health. My heart goes out to all of you.

Vickie, congratulations on another pound gone to never never land. Are you back on CORE instead of JC? Your chicken sounds delish.

Nancy, sounds like your party was a huge success.

Sloan, we zoomed through Nashville today. Did you hear me calling your name out the window as we drove around the loop? I knew you were busy and we were burning miles--but I was thinking warm wishes as we sailed through.

I am resolved this week, too, and probably won't lose this week but am aiming for a maintain. (pun intended)

Have a great day, everyone. We'll be in Ohio in the morning and I'm as OP as I can be. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #8  

Thanks everybody for your good wishes. He is lucky that his children still care about what happens to him; he's been a hard one all his adult life. But, we are doing all that we can to protect him in a very hard time for him. He is living 5 minutes away from me, but I am not the one to take direct care of him, if for no other reason than he won't listen to me.

Vickie, congratulations on the pound off. I need to do that.

So, Mandy, will you let us know how your new job went?

Sandra, good luck and best wishes with your aiming! All of it.

Sloan, is you DH on oral insulin, or does he now have to have injections? I have a very dear friend with Type 1. Diabetes is rough, all around.

I went to aquafit this morning and have been low calorie and Core, and drinking LOTS of water.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #9  

Wow, what's happened to us? It sounds like all of us got a big surge of resolve in the last few days. Good luck to us!

Sandra, be careful on your trip. I could have sworn I heard someone calling my name earlier today! Thanks for the warm thoughts If you come through Nashville on the way back, let me know and I'll come meet you at an exit for a quick hug and hello!

Rhonda, DH has been on injections for a few years now. It has always been in combination with oral medications, but now he will need the shots before each meal, too. I know it sounds silly, but he had a hard enough time remembering to take his pill before eating. Now he will have to make sure he takes his insulin with him anytime we go away from home to eat I'm glad your brother is close by, and I'm glad you are not his primary care giver. At least you can visit easily if you want to.

Hey Vickie, Mandy, and Nancy!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #10  

Default New to the 3 Fat Chicks

Hi Everyone,

Today I made the decision to restart the WW Core program, I'm a little nervous as over the past five years I have given up on controling my weight issues and then I found my WW books, and the I found 3 Fat Chicks. I have a long ways to go, however, after reading some of the postings I feel motivated. So you'll be seeing me around, I hope you will assist me in my transition from not caring that I'm 220lbs to being motivated to get healthy.
Thanks for you support in advance.

Ginger

SW:220 GW:150
Gingersmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #11  

Ginger..

This is an amazing group ..
Always there to encourage & support...

Glad you joined us..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #12  

Ginger, glad you're here!

Mornin' y'all!!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 AM   #13  

Mornin' to you too, Sloan. Your poor DH! Well, all we can say really is that the meds are better than they used to be. I wish him well.

Ginger. We're a great group. My highest weight was 220 also, and I'm on my way to 150, slowly. Of course, we'll help you to the best of our ability. 3FC is a great site with lots going on.

My new resolve includes getting back to more walking daily. I slowed down after my late April hike so I've got to get back to it. And, I'm going NOW. I'll do about 2 miles in the morning, and 1 mile at night with the doggie.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 PM   #14  

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I know the Core program has changed, however, it worked for me in the past, are you stll using the original Core or did you change to the Filling Foods.?

Have a wonderful day!
Ginger
Gingersmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Ginger. We are actually doing various forms of CORE and other programs--whatever works best for us personally. I'm not positive but I don't think any of us are actually going to WW meetings. Right now, I'm on vacation and on what Sloan has labeled "Lite CORE." My highest weigh was around 228. I was 200 when I joined 3FC, and I am a little under that now.

Rhonda, Sloan, and Nancy are in a weightloss challenge. You might hop in with them if you'd like. I'm weighing every 30 days. Some weigh weekly. Whatever works.

Sloan, I'll see what I can do. I would love to get to meet you in person. It's looking like we'll be sailing by early Sunday morning. We're detouring by Fort Campbell to visit granddaughters.

Maryann, the first archers we talked with today are from Cape Cod. Small world, isn't it?

Rhonda, I'm sorry about your brother. I'm glad you are nearby.

Vickie, how is your day?

Angela? Where art thou, Chickie?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote