Old 07-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Default My bad... A confession!!

I have to confess that I slipped last night!!! I went out on a date with the hubby.. We went out to a club in Pcola that is alot of different bars and restaurants all together in one place(Seville Quarter).. Fun, did great at dinner, then went to the bar where the band was playin, drank a couple of Mic Ultra's, but allowed for it in my count.. Well then one of my friends ordered everyone shots of Yagermiester... Might as well have chugged a sugar bowl, then my other friend who was in from out of town bought a pitcher of Amber Bock, yum had 2 glasses then another glass of blue moon!!! Oh, I couldn't even bear to get on the scale today!!

Then today the hub bought some mounds miniatures, I had 2!!!! Ok, I am goin to regain my focus and regroup from here!!!!!

I will say that I had a great time hangin out with my friends and not feeling like the fattest sloppiest girl in the room!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:22 AM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I got into the "Moon" too over the weekend! I bought some Blue Moon Summer Ale "Honeymoon" because one of my daughters was visiting...I drank two Saturday night. They were yummy, but not so good for my Atkins. And I'm ignoring it...I knew when I bought them I'd probably drink at least one. Drinking lowers our resistance to other carb stuff....so I ate rice with my scallops for dinner. Carb bomb!

It's so easy to justify our slips when a friend buys shots or friends and family are coming over. But everytime we do that to ourselves we're delaying the gratification of being slimmer and healthier. The worst part is that everytime we eat or drink high-carb stuff we start that sugar/carb craving engine. Then we have to suffer through sugar/carb cravings for days. I'm fighting that demon engine today. I'm working toward that place where I know it's not worth it.

It helps when everyone is drinking happily, to immediately order a tall club soda with lots of lime. It looks as if you already have a drink so people don't offer you a round - especially me 'cause my friends know I drink vodka and club soda with lime anyway.

So, let's support each other this week and focus on being back on track. No worries.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I got off this weekend as well. I was playing around with checking to see how different foods and way of eating affected my blood sugar. Today is a new day. I am back on Induction making this Day 1 for me to get a clean start. I got my book and I'm reading it.

Going to eat out today, but eating at a KFC that has the baked chicken. Strange not all of them in the area do. But the one we are going to has a buffet style so I can have the baked chicken and green beans for lunch and drink water. I've got chicken cooked and ready for snacks when needed. So I have my plan in place to succeed.

Sandy I agree let's support each other for this week and focus on being back on track.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #4  

Well, I braved the scale this morning.... And to my surprise, I only gained a couple of ounces.. So, it is not as bad as I had imagined!! Back on track today!!!

Sandy, I am glad to hear I am not alone in my struggles!!! Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #5  

Patty I love the KFC grilled chicken... It is really good, but they think it is gold... Pretty pricey!! I find that making sure I am prepared is the easist way to stay ahead of the game... I am gonna be super strict this week, and get back in the hot pink, I can't get to purple these days, get my fat burning mojo on!!!

Do ya'll check your keytones??? I find that if I can stay at least bright pinkish I will loose for sure, but it sure don't take but a handle of almonds to toss me out!! Good luck girls!!

Last edited by hairchick40v; 07-19-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

You're right. Having the right foods is a HUGE part of planning to be successful. I have what I need to eat today, so I'm good to go. I do check my ketones, but I'm not checking them today. I'll check them on Thursday; that's the day I weigh. I don't own any scales (I threw them out one day in a fit of pique), but I run by my doctor's office and weigh myself. I'm making the cheeseburger salad for lunch - yum!

We can do this just like we live our lives - one day at a time. Enjoy.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Good for you for getting back on plan! Slips can happen, but its what happens after a slip that counts the most. Do you get right back on plan with the next meal or is it the next day, week, month? You can do this!

I on and off check my ketones with the stix. It doesn't matter what shade the color changes to...its just important that it changes.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #8  

I'm not doing ketone check. Never turned for me when I did Atkins years ago. I've read that it doesn't for some but doesn't stop the plan from working. So I'm just following plan.

I got to KFC and they didn't have any grilled chicken and wouldn't for about 16 minutes. I didn't have time to wait so just got original chicken (extra crispy was alway my favorite) which wasn't tempting for me. I took all the batter off and ate just the meat and had greens and green beans. I got home and checked my blood sugar 2 hours after the meal and it was lowest it has been so I guess I did good.

Yesterday when I decided that Atkins had to be my woe, I went right back on plan the next snack. I hope I can always do that.

hairchick40v I'm glad the scales weren't as bad as you thought. I read Dana Carpender's book years ago about how she does low carb. Never called it Atkins although it sounded that way. She has special occasions during the year when she plans to eat Off plan... birthday, anniversary, a special holiday etc. Those are rare times that do not mess up low carb working for her because it is a one time/one meal thing planned in advance. It isn't an all day binge or off plan thing. Just a meal off plan. I won't be able to do it this year on my birthday because my birthday is in August and I will not have been on the plan long enough. However it is there if I want to use it later. I'm saying that because I don't think a slip will hurt if it doesn't throw us completely off track long term. JMHO
Old 07-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

One choice at a time. If you go off plan...get back on as soon as possible. Its just easier to get back on plan if you don't let too much time pass. Ketostix don't work for everyone.. If I have the keto breath, the energy boost and the lack of hunger I know I am in ketosis and burning fat.

Also, one day off plan eating might not show up for a day or two...so if the scale fluctuates UP...its just water and will come right off when you get back on track.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #10  

Torister You are absolutely right. I don't want to go off plan because I did low carb and lost weight about 7 years ago and was about 30 lbs from my goal. I got off while on vacation, I've had the toughest time getting back on. It has taken the diabetes diagnosis to get me back on track. Even then it was a struggle.

Today, I am 100% OP, I don't know if my breath smells bad, but sure feels like to me and the hunger is gone. It feels is so good not to hungry or be struggling with cravings. I can honestly say today that I am enjoying being on Atkins. Only thing is that I don't think I'm going to get the 20 grams of carbs in. I don't know if that is good or bad. Does anyone know? I might make between 10-15 g, but not sure I can make the 20.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #11  

Pattygirl, I would think if you got 10-15 a day for the first 2 weeks that would be fine... Sometimes to get into ketosis, I have to REALLY restrict, and even then I am only hot pink.... I wouldn't stay that low for longer, just cause you really need the vitamins and nutrients you get from the veggies!! Good luck to ya!!!