Old 07-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Accountability Partner

Today marks my 7th day on IP. I am excited to see how much weight and how many inches I have lost when I weigh in tomorrow!!! Right now, I am doing the Ideal to Go program until a clinic opens up near me. I LOVE this forum and have learned so much from everyone in just a few days, so thank you to all of you!! I think I will do even better if I found an "accountability partner" to chat with on a regular basis. I've had one previously on another diet and I found it really helps to know that you have someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, etc...to keep you on track. Would anyone be interested?

Thanks!
Lisa
lisa4972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #2  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Love this idea! I'm a few days behind you though so I probably wouldn't be any good to help you work through issues... but I can certainly help keep you on track
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #3  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4972 View Post
Today marks my 7th day on IP. I am excited to see how much weight and how many inches I have lost when I weigh in tomorrow!!! Right now, I am doing the Ideal to Go program until a clinic opens up near me. I LOVE this forum and have learned so much from everyone in just a few days, so thank you to all of you!! I think I will do even better if I found an "accountability partner" to chat with on a regular basis. I've had one previously on another diet and I found it really helps to know that you have someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, etc...to keep you on track. Would anyone be interested?

Thanks!
Lisa
I'm in My family/friends aren't being super supportive, so anyone to help me through this would be great. Plus I work at a IP clinic, so if you're ever needing more answers that you're getting I can let you know.
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #4  

Great!! What do you think is the best way to communicate since it says we should not include our email address in a post? (Sorry I am new to this site and not sure what a PM system is) I'm looking forward to keeping one another accountable and on track for losing this weight for good!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #5  

Taylor, I know what you mean about family not being super supportive! My husband is (thank God), but my parents and sister are thinking here she goes again on a "new" diet. I can't wait to show them that this is THE diet/lifestyle change for me...and them

That's great that you are working in the clinic! Do you love it? I am considering being a coach down the road. I am sure you can help us with lots of things! I introduced IP to my doctor and he plans on adding it to his practice, so it will probably be a few more weeks. I'm looking forward to not having to pay shipping on my packets!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #6  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Great!! What do you think is the best way to communicate since it says we should not include our email address in a post? (Sorry I am new to this site and not sure what a PM system is) I'm looking forward to keeping one another accountable and on track for losing this weight for good!!
Quote:
Taylor, I know what you mean about family not being super supportive! My husband is (thank God), but my parents and sister are thinking here she goes again on a "new" diet. I can't wait to show them that this is THE diet/lifestyle change for me...and them

That's great that you are working in the clinic! Do you love it? I am considering being a coach down the road. I am sure you can help us with lots of things! I introduced IP to my doctor and he plans on adding it to his practice, so it will probably be a few more weeks. I'm looking forward to not having to pay shipping on my packets!
PM is private messaging without exchanging email or phone numbers. You have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts before you can use it. A lot of us are on facebook though

I do love working there. I love getting "employee" pricing too. I don't coach, although I would love to, and I do get to sub-coach sometimes
Old 07-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #7  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'd be willing to be an accountability partner, but I don't have the experience of Taylor, just being on the diet for 8 weeks.

And Taylor, is there a FB group for 3fatchicks? I'd love to join!

Edit - oh, there is... but only 35 people like it? And I can only find various IP groups that are localized... any one know of any good FB ones?

Last edited by sgorny; 07-17-2010 at 01:49 AM.
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
PM is private messaging without exchanging email or phone numbers. You have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts before you can use it. A lot of us are on facebook though

I do love working there. I love getting "employee" pricing too. I don't coach, although I would love to, and I do get to sub-coach sometimes
Good Morning! Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but how do we find each other on facebook if we can't share email addresses and don't know each other's names? Sorry...I am still waking up
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I'd be willing to be an accountability partner, but I don't have the experience of Taylor, just being on the diet for 8 weeks.

Edit - oh, there is... but only 35 people like it? And I can only find various IP groups that are localized... any one know of any good FB ones?
You have more experience than me!! I think the most important thing is motivation anyway

Sorry for two posts back to back, but I haven't figured out how to quote two people in one post.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #10  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

I still have not figured out how to include a post in my replies... <sigh>

Support- I've not gotten any resistance...my hubby is supportive. I don't think the kids notice (8 and 6). This is my journey and I've not made any family changes.... YET!

Taylor - you have lots of support here! And I would imagine the clinic helps!

Lisa - I listed my yahoo IM handle on my profile and it seems to be visible. We can try that? FYI - your handle is usually your email too ;-) Send me a message anytime!!
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #11  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Good Morning! Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but how do we find each other on facebook if we can't share email addresses and don't know each other's names? Sorry...I am still waking up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post

Eh, I guess we're trusting, cuz we share names on here. There are two facebook pages we use, one is a public page for anything we want to discuss outside of IP. Pictures of kids, pets, things like that. It's Ideal Protein 3FC. There is also one where we DO talk about IP, but it is private, you have to request to join. That way people from school, work, etc., don't get to see the intimate details of our weight loss journey's. It is Little Buddies IP Group.

And you have actually BEEN on the diet longer than me, I'm just about to start week 3. I just researched it a lot and work around it, and do all our advertising and create all our starter folders for it.

Quote:
You have more experience than me!! I think the most important thing is motivation anyway

Sorry for two posts back to back, but I haven't figured out how to quote two people in one post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post

Support- I've not gotten any resistance...my hubby is supportive. I don't think the kids notice (8 and 6). This is my journey and I've not made any family changes.... YET!

Lisa - I listed my yahoo IM handle on my profile and it seems to be visible. We can try that? FYI - your handle is usually your email too ;-) Send me a message anytime!!
To quote one person just click the little grey quote in the bottom right hand corner or their post.

To quote more than one person, click the little box next to the quote button in the bottom right hand of their post. Once ou've clikced on all the posts you would like to quote, go down to the bottom of the posts and hit Post Reply. It's on the left hand side, just below the last post of the page.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by TaylorMayde; 07-17-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin for loss View Post

Awesome! I look forward to chatting with you! It's great that your hubby is supportive - mine is too and it helps tremendously! My kids are 5 & 3, so it isn't affecting them. We all eat healthy dinners together and they enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Eh, I guess we're trusting, cuz we share names on here. There are two facebook pages we use, one is a public page for anything we want to discuss outside of IP. Pictures of kids, pets, things like that. It's Ideal Protein 3FC. There is also one where we DO talk about IP, but it is private, you have to request to join. That way people from school, work, etc., don't get to see the intimate details of our weight loss journey's. It is Little Buddies IP Group.

And you have actually BEEN on the diet longer than me, I'm just about to start week 3. I just researched it a lot and work around it, and do all our advertising and create all our starter folders for it.

To quote one person just click the little grey quote in the bottom right hand corner or their post.

To quote more than one person, click the little box next to the quote button in the bottom right hand of their post. Once ou've clikced on all the posts you would like to quote, go down to the bottom of the posts and hit Post Reply. It's on the left hand side, just below the last post of the page.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Taylor! I will definitely check out the two FB pages! I had no idea they existed! I guess once we are all members of the group, then we can send friend requests and email each other

Awesome information! Thanks for sharing!! Now let's see if this works and I did it right!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I am looking forward to joining the chat feature through facebook too... I have just a few friends on IP and the rest of them think I am crazy and don't need to spend so much money to get fit.... errrr... some of them I am sure don't want me to be skinner either... jealousy I guess.. Look forward to chatting with each of you.. My start date is today... July 17
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #14  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
I am looking forward to joining the chat feature through facebook too... I have just a few friends on IP and the rest of them think I am crazy and don't need to spend so much money to get fit.... errrr... some of them I am sure don't want me to be skinner either... jealousy I guess.. Look forward to chatting with each of you.. My start date is today... July 17
Yay for starting! We're here if you need some extra motivation through these first few days
Old 07-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
Congratulations on starting today! You will love it and then you can show off your skinny new body to all of the people who are jealous of you!!!
I look forward to chatting with you soon!

Lisa