General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Wink The 4 Day Diet

Hi all -

I did a search of the threads here and didn't see anything recent devoted just to Dr. Ian's 4 Day Diet.

After having some GI issues while on South Beach (which I love, love love but haven't been able to successfully modify for my needs without falling off the wagon entirely), I found some information on the plan and just bought the book. It should be here next week.

In the meantime, anyone following the "4 Day Diet" plan? My DW is very interested in it as well. Not only will it be nice to do something healthy with full support from her but it will be nice for her to be going through it with me as well!

Look forward to hearing from you.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

I've never heard of it, but curious for your results! I just read that it isn't actually 4 days but 7 phases of 4 day periods.

The 4 Day Diet is based upon Dr. Smith's 80-20 rule: 80% of dieting is mental and 20% is physical. The 4 Day Diet is outlined in seven four-day phases that have a specific objective.

The seven phases are:

1.Induction: for detox and cleansing
2.Transition: re-introduces all food groups
3.Protein Stretch: aims to avoid plateaus
4.Smooth: allows you to have some formerly forbidden foods like pizza and French fries
5.Push: is the sprint just before the final stretch, back to a stricter eating plan
6.Pace: a comfortable module for you to catch your breath
7.Vigorous: the last module to lose those last few pounds
The 4 Day Diet also features 60 recipes. Sample dishes include pesto-crusted chicken breast with eggplant caponata, spicy turkey-chipotle meatloaf with sweet potato puree and grilled vegetables, steamed clams with whole wheat linguine and basil-white wine sauce.

Vegetarian substitutions can also be made to any of the recipes

Read more: The 4 Day Diet Review | Dr. Ian K. Smith http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/t...#ixzz0tyWyr1td
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote