Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #1  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Little things at the gym today that made me smile

Today was my monthly weigh in. The scale I use at the gym is balance type that you move the large block of iron for 50 lb. increments, then slide the smaller block for the rest of the weight. One of the things that really strikes me about getting on the scale now is how far I don't have to move that 50 lb. block anymore. When I started, had to put the block on the 250 before I could work with the small block. Now only having to bump up one notch to the 150 before I start adding on the rest.

And very likely by end of the year, I won't be moving that 50 lb. block at all, just stepping on the scale with it at the 100 lb. point and moving the little block up from there. Astounding.

Then packing up my bag as I was leaving and noted that when I started, I had to bring 2 gym bags. Then I had to use beach towel as my towel and bring along an extra old exercise bra and shirt to put on after swimming as with damp skin I couldn't get my usual bra back on (and needed the extra shirt to cover up the distorted appearance of the breasts that were oozing out of the old bra). Now I'm using a regular bath towel and able to leave the locker room in the same bra and shirt I wore in, so only clean undies and socks in the gym bag.

Goofy little stuff I know. What are the little changes in your life that make you smile?
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Those are awesome, congrats for you
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

These are the things that are making me smile these days! My face is a total open book, open for "reading" all day long. DH often asks, "What are you smiling at?" Imagine my embarrassment when I am smiling for things JUST LIKE THIS!

It's wonderful, isn't it?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Those are great NSVs! OK, one is a sorta SV, but you know what I mean.

Lately I've been happy at the gym because I've been able to wrap a towel around me and not have to hide a gap with clothing or another towel. I'm totally covered!

I've also noticed how my clothes take up less room when packing now. Hubby and I made the comment the last time we went on a weekend trip. We used to have to pack separate bags for each of us, but this time, our clothes all fit in one bag! Same goes with the gym - I'm able to take along a smaller bag now, so I don't need to cram a big one in the locker.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Oh yes! This is just the kind of thing that floats my boat too!

How about this one? My clothes dry in a jiffy! I throw my little tee shirts, shorts and workout clothes into the dryer and they dry right away! No more size 26 jeans that take half a day...

And the other day, I went to the store and purchased 1) a bottle of water 2) a bag of sugar snap peas and 3) 2 packs of sugar free gum. I used to HATE people like me.

Lit chick, it used to really bug me how much room my clothes took up in suitcases... it's bad enough to take up extra space, but then to see your clothes hogging space in the suitcase too!

And Carye-- I hadn't thought of the scale thing recently, but OH BOY does that one mean something to me. I remember the horror of having the nurse guess wrong and keep sliding the little balancer all the way to the end, only to find that she has to put it up one more notch... ugh... I'm going to weigh in at the gym one of these days just to have the joy of seeing it below 200.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote