Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Camping!

Next weekend my family and 2 other families are going camping for about 3 days and nights. We will have a cooler and a BBQ what the heck am I going to eat to stay on plan?! I have been on plan solidly for the past week and I don't want to slack off for that trip. Normaly all we eat on camping trips is hotdogs, smores, chips, crackers, PB sandwiches more smores, another hotdog...you get the idea.

Anyone else run into this predicament. We can only pack so much food and the kids have to eat it to. And it has to be easy cuz, well a cooler and a BBQ can only do so much.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #2  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

We camp all the time and I stay on plan. I eat granola and banana for breakfast and a sandwhich on a thin bun (thin bun, light lunch meat, laughing cow, spinach tomato and pickles for 220 cals) and a serving of pringles light bbq chips (70cals) I also eat baby carrots, apples nuts for a snack and for supper I have 2 fat free hot dogs (40 cals each) on 1 hot dog bun that I split long wise (110 cals) and load them with pickles and mustard. Sometimes we have hamburgers and I will have a spicy black bean burger with laughing cow and all thr trimmings on a light bun for less than 300 cals. Just remember you have to pick up the fat free dogs and bean burgers before you go so you will be prepared.I ea these with a side of light chips(70 cals)and a big ol salted and roasted corn on the cob. For dessert I eat a smore with lowfat grahms cracker 2 marshmellows and a chunk of dark chocolate. Also a huge chunk of watermelon! So you see, you CAN eat on plan while camping!
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We are going camping next week too (and I better start prep!)

Anyway, I make some salads normally to take in the cooler, things like quinoa/black bean salad and coleslaw. I then take some veggies and grill those. The only I generally eat while camping that I normally don't eat is pancakes which I make for breakfast. I take frozen fruit with me to top the pancakes with.

I also will take melon of some sort, watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe and cut it up at the camp site.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote