Old 07-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Do you have plans for what your 'look' will be at goal?

Now that I'm convinced I'm getting there, I'm starting to look at fashion mags and clothes catalogues with more interest.
By and large, I'm still wearing 'whatever will fit', although it fits better than it did. In a few more pounds, I'll need to get some more interim things, I guess.

but when I get to goal, what will my look be? I alternate in my imagination between neat and crisp and tailored, and floaty and bejewelled and outrageous.

What are others' plans?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

This is so me right now! Experimenting with my transition clothes from the Goodwill, picking up books at the library on dressing, buying my first high heels in more than 25 years...

I've decided my new look will be subtly sexy. As large breasted girl (34GG) who developed very early I was always trying to not draw attention to my body. But now that I've fought so hard to get it back, I want to celebrate it at this stage of life.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I alternate in my imagination between neat and crisp and tailored, and floaty and bejewelled and outrageous.

really cute Q, I love floaty bejewelled and outrageous. I'd love to have outfits from some of the small boutiques here in NYC area, something feminine, an interesting print, flowing and diaphanous... (with interesting jewelry!)

oh, and I want one of those little black dresses!!

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 07-16-2010 at 04:35 PM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Plain Jane. That's what I'm going for. I'd love to wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time. And if my skin clears up, I think I'll let go of my makeup. Well, maybe I'll keep a little lip gloss and mascara. But that's it. I feel like if I represented myself that way now, as an overweight person, I'd look as if I've "let myself go".
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I did an ivillage quiz http://quiz.ivillage.co.uk/uk_beauty/tests/mystyle.html and it told me my style was 'romantic' - lacy and so on.

Could be true - I've been gradually making my bedroom linen and lace, it's supposed to look Scottish Edwardian severe, with sudden gushes of lace. Of course, then the dogs come and jump on it, so often the look is only in my head.

And just recently, I've begun making over my sitting room into a Victorian-ish style - opulent and tactile.

Maybe severe with a hint of lace and opulent tactility is my style for the future!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I wonder this a lot myself....

Now, I feel myself craving sexy jeans with high heels, but a lot of the time I feel kind of confused and lost....

I used to be able to look through catalogs and see the exact outfits that would work with my body type, but now, I leaf through and I have absolutely NO IDEA.

I haven't looked at normal sized clothes in so many years. All the models look so thin and young, and while I know what looked passable on my fat body, I really have no idea what to put on my slim body. It's a puzzle.

What I do know is that I really want to move away from the boxy jeans, shapeless tees and tennies that I think of as "the mom look..."
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

It is hard to know because I can't imagine what I will look like. I have always liked the neat and crisp and tailored look so that is probably the look that I will go for. But who knows, maybe my inner sexy will come out.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #8  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

I think about this as well!!!! I am totally not sure... but I have a long way to go.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I think several things will stay the same: sensible flat shoes, black/dark gray bottoms, solid color tops, mostly in deep colors--especially blues, reds, and purples. Jackets. Where I see change is a general trend towards a more tailored, fitted look and maybe--maybe--some of those bottoms will be skirts. I'd like to own some boatneck shirts that emphasize my collarbones.

Occasionally I daydream about those styles I've always thought you really have to be THIN to pull off--not just normal--like broomstick skirts with long sweaters and low slung belts, or peasant blouses with lots of ruffles, or tops with surplice necklines. It's hard for me to imagine being able to wear stuff like that.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #10  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I don't want to wear jeans with elastic waist lines. I have a few pair of jeans that don't have elastic waist lines. I would like to wear more fashionable style jeans.

I don't want to wear polyester pants. I still have a few pair of pants. Pants in any material but polyester.

I don't wear skirts or dresses. Except, last May I wore a size 16 dress to a wedding. But since then I have put back on around 29 LBS. I would like to wear some pretty skirts and dresses.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #11  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I have thought about my style a lot. I think I will probably very briefly go back to my old look which was long blonde hair, long black fitted long sleeve tshirts and tight jeans with flip flops and sunglasses. I always had a bit of a Famous (the brand) look. I loved it then but...that was highschool too. It was also simple though. Everything matched. This is what I still see myself in even as I picture myself in my head now.

As I have grown older and have matured out of my teens- I like the flowy, colorful, classic look. I want to be able to wear a Maxi dress. I have a friend that is just so natural and beautiful that the flowy jewel colors and styles just look amazing on her. I would like to see what that feels like.

I believe that I will naturally over time flow into the style that suits me best because when I'm at my goal weight I won't need to force myself in to ugly clothes just because they fit!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #12  
Getting healthy!

Hope ya'll don't mind me posting here.

For the longest time, I always just stuck with baggy clothes, but now that I'm feeling a lot better about myself and I'm losing some weight, I'm trying to get into the Bohemian look. A lot of flowy fabrics, browns, greens, blues, ect. I'm a bit of a hippy in fashion, I suppose. :P

It's amazing how clothes can make you feel better about yourself. I feel so much better about myself now that I'm wearing nice clothes, rather than when I was skinny and wearing baggy tom-boy clothes. I still wear some tom-boy clothes, because they're just so damn comfortable, but it's nice to wear something different, too.
Paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #13  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking my style will be be sexy soccer mom. Mature and sensible and elegant, but with a hint of (tasteful) sexiness. Like a simple jeans and shirt outfit, but with some killer platform heels! Or a skirt and blouse, but with fishnets instead of stockings. So I can go out to my kids functions and look appropriate, but still turn heads.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #14  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Plain Jane. That's what I'm going for. I'd love to wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time. And if my skin clears up, I think I'll let go of my makeup. Well, maybe I'll keep a little lip gloss and mascara. But that's it. I feel like if I represented myself that way now, as an overweight person, I'd look as if I've "let myself go".
Me too!! Except I still have always dressed this way. And I do look as though I've let myself go. I'm a very natural girl...no makeup, nothing fancy, no jewelry (though I'm no opposed to it).

But there's a part of me that wants to experiment with sophisticated too.

Why choose? We can have it all! An outfit for all moods.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

I'll dress a lot the same, I wear a lot of black with shorter, colored/patterned skirts and black tights, but I will wear dozens of sleeveless shirts! I might also cut my hair shorter.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote