Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default Clothes

I know this is something weird to be frustrated about...but it's actually putting me in an icky mood.

I have nothing to wear.

I've lost enough weight (well inches, really, since I've barely lost any actual pounds) that I can no longer fit into my 'fatter' clothes, but not enough that I fit back into my 'skinny' clothes. I don't want to spend money on clothes, since I don't plan to be at this weight 3 months from now.

So, what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I have like 3 outfits in my current size, and that's it. Particulary, shirts. I have no shirts.

Anyone have experience/advice with this?
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/292.5/175

How about try some Goodwills or Salvation Army's? Or, maybe a friend who can lend you some stuff 'til you're ready for those skinny clothes!!

Congratulations on losing enuff to get outa those other clothes!!
SaucyTexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169.8/122.8/129

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean. I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on clothes when I knew that I wasn’t going to be in them long. I just purchased my basic clothes, black, brown, gray, and navy slacks or skirts and then tops to mix and match with them. I went to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, and even some consignment shops. You can always sell your clothes at consignment shops as you loss weight too. There are a lot of nice consignment shops with some nice selections, especially shirts. It is nice to buy something new to reward yourself as you loss but you can do it without spending a lot of money. Good luck with your weight loss and the new you!
Ooh La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I'm the same. I've basically got "one on, one off and one in the wash". At the minute, I'm just living with it. It's a bit tedious, although I keep trying to ring the changes with accessories, but I'd rather wait until I'm at goal (or everything just falls off me when I stand up ) before I go shopping.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

I agree with the Goodwill, TJ Maxx, Marshall.. I've also gotten stuff at Target and Walmart. I don't want to spend a ton of money on loosing clothes. I think it's important mentally to buy lower sizes. For me it helps reinforce that I'm loosing. I don't buy a lot of clothes, but being able to go into Gap and buy a shirt for me was a big milestone. I've only been able to shop in "fat" stores before.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/155/155

Height: 5'8'

I agree completely, I have loss a total of 61.5 lbs. and 48 inches. I can get into all of my "fat" clothes, but they require a little assistance in staying up or the shirts looks like I am wearing a bag(which is great) I have to dress in scrubs at work and I don't want to buy two sets of clothes(work/home) so I have been using my "fat" scrubs and my coworker keep asking me when I am going to get some new scrubs. So we have a Rose's discount store next to were I work and they have clothes at a lot cheaper than getting at Walmart or like. I have bought 4 tops and 2 bottoms and will continue to there the smaller of the "Fat" clothes. I know it is a upsetting but I feel great.
carolinagirlnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  
Aprilw94

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirlnc View Post
I agree completely, I have loss a total of 61.5 lbs. and 48 inches. I can get into all of my "fat" clothes, but they require a little assistance in staying up or the shirts looks like I am wearing a bag(which is great) I have to dress in scrubs at work and I don't want to buy two sets of clothes(work/home) so I have been using my "fat" scrubs and my coworker keep asking me when I am going to get some new scrubs. So we have a Rose's discount store next to were I work and they have clothes at a lot cheaper than getting at Walmart or like. I have bought 4 tops and 2 bottoms and will continue to there the smaller of the "Fat" clothes. I know it is a upsetting but I feel great.
As far as scrubs, if u have a burlington coat factory (I know they aren't everywhere) but the have STD of scrubs for like 9.99 for the set all types and not all are cheap crap. And all of the wal mart stores around me has a small section of scrubs for 9.99-13.99 a pair. As for clothing... Old navy is a great place and I'm not sure where u work but all of there short sleeved tees this year are a good lenghth and the sleeves are not to short(I hate when they cut the arm off and give the sausage arm!). Any way with cute necklaces and earrings you can dress them up w dress pants and a great shoe ore just wear w capris and flip flops. Last week they were $5.
aprilw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/148/115

I'd get just 3 or 4 shirts in smaller size - plain color and accessorize.
NatalieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S:226 C: 215.5 G:150ish?

Height: 5' 7"

I've only lost 10lbs so far and all my fat clothes should last thru the rest of summer but I was thinking about this the other day. I think you've gotten some great advice, I especially like the idea of accessorizing!
msjjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

I started at a size 18 pant / 2 xl top and had a lot of jeans, so I just wore ones that fit better until I was able to buy a size 14 jean. Then I just recently bought a size 12 khaki capri and I'm pretty much surviving on just those pants. As for tops, I wear several of my smallest fitting xxl old tops and have recently spent about $60 on a couple MEDIUM shirts which are all plain, simple tops to get me through. When you buy something new, go for simple and buy smaller than you think because you'll want it to last for a long while. Some of my mediums are fine to wear now and some are a little too tight in the belly, but will be fine in a couple weeks. I figure I'll be able to wear these mediums over the next 3 months until i'm down another 30 lbs to my new goal weight.

Then when i'm within about 5 lbs of my goal (if i'm well toned by then), i'll go buy new clothes.

The way I see it is spending about $100 over the 5 months on a couple necessary clothes items isn't so much a waste, but its a requirement just like the vitamins and HNS's. Factor it in, don't go over board buying nice things and i would have spent more than that on eating out.

Plus, I agree, it's VERY motivating to fit in smaller clothes now. Even when I'm not going to buy anything, if I'm feeling down or like it's taking too long, I'll go to the mall and put on clothes I never would have before and it's a nice high. Good luck!!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #11  

Thanks for all the advice, guys! I love you all!
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote