Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #1  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Default I'm getting too comfortable

With how I feel and the way I look. I've lost a nice chunk of weight and my self esteem has moved up a couple of notches but I still have a ways to go. I haven't really been going to the gym that much the last couple of weeks. Maybe 2 times a week. I used to go 5-6 times a week. I've cheated a few times and went way beyond my calorie limit. I need someone to give me sum tough love.lol. I don't want to get stuck in this rut of being comfortable because then I will start eating out more and gain everything back. I WANT to get to 160 lbs but if I continue slacking off I will not be seeing that number on the scale. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! lol
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

I hear ya on this. In the past, I have allowed getting comfortable into getting into a rut. Now, when I begin to feel comfortable I know that as a cue to start taking it up a notch. Maybe, examine what you have been doing and what you still need to do then do it. I discovered that I was getting slack about drinking water and eating my vegetables so I created a buddy challenge with another person. After awhile, a lot of this becomes routine which is good except when you/I have a lot more to lose that is also a "too safe" place to be. We need to be "on edge" like when we were in the very beginning of all this. Keeping it edgy will help get you back to the gym. Set some new mini goals. Make it just tough enough so you will want to reach for it but not so tough that you will quit or give up.

good luck
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #3  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

Don't let happen to you what happened to me. I got down to 223 a couple of years ago (started at 263) and lost my motivation etc. I ended up putting 20 lbs back on and I can't get it off for the life of me...IT'S STUCK THERE LIKE GLUE. So all I can say is...keep up what you were doing so this doesn't happen to you...it's very frustrating. I was so happy I was almost out of the 220's and the BAM...back up..now I float between 232 and 245 depending on varying factors. Please don't let that happen to yourself.

Ann Marie
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

The fire is still burning in you....so instead of feeling like you "cheated" & things are getting "comfortable".....think of this brief period as your "mid point breather"... great..I can relate....times up. You've come a long way already but you're not done.. now its time to pull up your boots once again to finish what you started. You already know what you need to do....so Im just going to say it to you like I would a friend...then get off your asx & do it...I look forward to your next set of progress pics.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Eek! Quick! Hurry! Get back on track!!

I think it is ok to have breaks once in a while... you know, just focus on maintaining for a week or so. But then it is back to butt kicking!

Set yourself up for a challenge - work out 5 days a week, get 'x' as a prize. or something along those lines to kinda spice it up!

Last edited by SCraver; 07-16-2010 at 03:50 PM.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

You can do this...I have no doubt that you want it enough, so do it, girl!!! I was working out in the gym the other day and saw a girl w/ what I think is the perfect figure. Not too skinny...nice butt and legs (hey, I can admit when a woman is attractive) and just a really nice form. I took a quick picture from my cellphone to look at when I feel like slipping back into old habits so I can look at it and remember WHY I'm doing this.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I'm guilty of this too! I'm so glad you posted this.
I think what I'm going to do starting today is pretend I'm starting all over. Plan each meal a day in advance and weigh and measure everything. I'm putting back up my "workout calendar" where I write out what workout I will do each day and then check it off when complete. These are the obsessive compulsive things I did at the begining, but I have been slacking. So I'm "starting over" but this time at 159
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
I think what I'm going to do starting today is pretend I'm starting all over.
Im laughing at this...not because its funny..but cause of the truth in it!!! Wow I can relate....I thought this very same thing when I hit my half point the other day...then I contemplated how to "reset" my mind. I dont forget easily so that was hard for me....so I figured I would treat this like I would if I were flying somewhere on a plane & I have a "connecting flight home"...square 1 of phase 2...instead of dangling out in "some unfamiliar place." If that makes sense....less overwhelming.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #9  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks ladies for the advice and motivation. I have found a nice arse kickin exercise that I can do when I am at home and don't want to go to the gym or when I feel too lazy to get up and go. Brown, my BL Pretty in Pink Challenge teammate mentioned that she bought a rebounder and that reminded me that I had one way back in my closet. I brought that puppy out of hiding and got to town on it for 50 minutes. I was drenched soaking wet and a few times I thought my heart was gonna leap out of my chest but I kept moving. I cranked up some B.E.P. and thought about how I only have 30 more lbs to hit my 100lb loss mark. I can lose that in two months if I stay motivated and kick it into gear.lol. I always get too comfortable around 200 and then I revert back to my old ways. Its happened to me twice. I usually only gain about 30 maybe 40lbs back but this last time because of medical problems I gained close to 100 lbs. I never want to see 300 lbs again. I never want to see 223 or 200 again once I pass it.

Shytowngal: I was thinking about what u wrote about putting ur workout calendar back up and how your going to start pretending that today is your start all over day. That is a very good idea.

MissKelly: Thank u for telling me to get my arse up and do it. Because I just did.lol. I do have the fire still burning inside of me, the flame was just low. After this workout its on HIGH and its gonna stay that way for awhile. I will be posting new pics up when I reach 200lbs.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

oooh, i love my rebounder, i'm getting me a new one for my birthday. I think that is great, to shake things up with a new routine! good job on getting motivated again!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #11  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

So glad you asked for help and have decided to carry on! As pleased as you may be at your current weight, it is nowhere near how thrilled you will be at your goal weight. I, too, look forward to seeing those goal photos!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I think I am stuck in this rut of being comfortable for sure. Unfortunately my rut is getting close and close to lasting 4 years.

But thanks for the rebounder reminder. I was thinking about selling in a garage sale next week, but maybe I will sell everything else in the garage so I can use it!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

get back on track now... trust me, you don't want to put the weight back on that you worked so hard to lose. you said you were going to the gym 5-6 days a week, you don't want to lose that strength and endurance and start all over again. I lost and regained and just getting back on the wagon, it's hard to start over... getting past the cravings, the hunger stage and exercise is hard again. Like Shytowngal said, just start over now.

Last edited by ringmaster; 07-16-2010 at 05:41 PM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcruze View Post

MissKelly: Thank u for telling me to get my arse up and do it. Because I just did.lol. I do have the fire still burning inside of me, the flame was just low. After this workout its on HIGH and its gonna stay that way for awhile. I will be posting new pics up when I reach 200lbs.
Atta girl!!!! Happy you did!! When I start to feel "comfy" Im coming to you so you can smack my words back in my face & give me a swift kick in my asx!!! lol.......its a winding road....low flames sometimes happen...
Old 07-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #15  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

This is definitely what happened to me. Family problems started coming up and depressing me and I would think "you can go binge today and you will still look like someone who lost 100 pounds tomorrow." I gave myself permission to get off track and one day turned into 2 months! I only gained back 10 pounds which isn't too bad but I'm trying hard not to kick myself for letting things hold me back. Good job on recognizing what the problem was and congrats for getting right back on track! And most importantly, thank you for posting this so I could realize the same thing in me.

I also really like the 'starting over' idea. When I first started I gave myself a treat to look forward to if i stuck to it for a week. One week and a nice haircut later I was hooked on exercise and wanted to get more pampering treats!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote