Old 07-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Ups and downs of the day

UP:
DH and I went on a 20 mile bike ride. It was a lot of fun! It's my third in the week, actually. We just discovered a "rails to trails" path about a 20 minutes car drive from us. Since finding it, my girlfriend and I have ridden 20 and 26 miles on it (it's 115 miles long) and then stopped for lunch each time. Today I got DH out there for his first bike ride in 20 years. I was very proud of him!

DOWN:
Upon returning to our car, we found one of our car windows completely blown out. My purse was in the front seat and so was DH's wallet with cash inside. (Stupid, I know) Nothing was missing, not even the cash. We think someone probably hit it with a bike they were getting down from their own car but did not leave a not. Always leave a note!

UP:
While waiting for the cops I noticed a bee inside the car beside us. I was going to leave a note (see, I leave notes) but the girl came back before I had a chance so I told her. Turns out she's allergic to them and was quite appreciative.

DOWN:
The low tire pressure light came on in our car and we just got all four tires changed in March.

UP:
We drove to have the tire repaired on our way home from biking just to get it over with. Since our bikes were in the van, we just hopped on our bikes and left the car. That just thrilled me. It seems so silly but I feel like a real cyclist now. I road in the road like a car! I haven't done that since before I could drive. Funny how we gain a fear of the road once we learn how to drive.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #2  

Wow, what a day!!! and even with your challenges you had multiple non-scale victories. Good for you.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Ups & down is spot on! Good for you for getting such a healthy day in even with all the challenges!!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile After All of That, I'd Have to Take a Nap!

I'm tired just reading this. I have a car story to share. We have a communal parking lot shared with others in our building. My hubby was bringing the groceries in and he usually doesn't lock the car when he going to return within five minutes. Even though we keep the vent mount to our GPS on the vent louvers, we always put the actual Garmin in our glove compartment. If you can believe it, someone stole both the vent stand and the Garmin out of the glove compartment in less than five minutes while my hubby was in dropping grocery bags on the dining room floor.

I consoled my hubby by saying that it took a lot of nerve for the person to do that since my hubby could have turned around and returned sooner than five minutes. I also said that anyone who exhibits that kind of high risk behavior is someone who really don't want to catch but who knows how they would have reacted? Lashed out? Hurt my hubby? Maybe! When I told my sis she felt that someone had been watching my hubby since he always puts in the glove compartment every night when he returns from "wherever". I am just glad that no one with your "party" was hurt in the process, whatever happened.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh man. I agree with your sister...it sounds like he was being watched or someone someone leave who knows his routine. I am well known for having no sense of directions. My husband bought me a GPS system a few years ago for Christmas. I had it well hidden in my car, but someone saw the ring it leaves on the window and broke into our car to steal it THREE days after Christmas! Everyone who knows me thought it was a real shame to take a tool like that away from someone like me.

...I still don't have a GPS.

Last edited by Eliana; 07-16-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote