General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/319/150

Height: 5'9

Default Salt Tooth?!?

Hey everyone! Forget about craving sugar or sweets, I've always had cravings for salty food.

I need some help with ways to cut salt out of recipes without loosing flavor. I've tried uping different flavors like adding fresh basil or cilantro, smokiness with cumin or extra heat with cayenne but I still find that I really want to put lots of salt in. I've worked at reducing the amount of salt I include but does anyone have any tips to keep the up the flavor while reducing the sodium content??

Thanks!!
CurlzQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

I know exactly how you feel dear I CRAVE salt but never really had a problem with the sugary food. One tip I can give you is to use sea salt its so much healthier than regular salt.
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

I am the same way. I would much rather have salty than sugary. I like this stuff. I grew up on the stuff because my dad is a health nut. It can be found in a health food store, or the healthfood section of the grocery store. It tastes pretty good!

Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:32 PM   #4  

I know exactly how you feel dear I CRAVE salt but never really had a problem with the sugary food. One tip I can give you is to use sea salt its so much healthier than regular salt.
amandatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #5  

Can someone add more ??
amandatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:18 AM   #6  

wow salt lovers, maybe foods with high salt content can be tried
mzheru is offline   Reply With Quote