Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Very Weird

Okay not only have I seemed to hit a plateau (I lost a little weight fast but then nothing for more then a week and a half) but I'm getting light headed and some of my exercises are getting harder after a days break not easier. My stomach is also doing this weird twitchy thing when I lay on it. It's really weird like something is moving around and it's not painful or anything. I've been getting my cycle regularly and i haven't had sex in months so I know I'm not pregnant. I do push ups, jumping jacks, etc. and aerobics everyday and strength training once a weak. I keep my calories at around 1500. I don't have insurance so I can't go to a doctor and I'm not in crippling pain or anything so I don't want to go to the emergency room. Any thoughts on what could be going on?
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Gas maybe? Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough fruits and veggies (ie. enough vitamins?)? Enough carbs? It's been pretty HOT up here in CT - are you working out in the heat?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

um, gas?

You haven't posted what your diet is like, are you measuring and weighing to get the 1500 cals? How accurate are you being with calcuating that number.

It is perfectly normal to lose weight in chunks. Where are you in your cycle? If you are close you could find that you are retaining water and that will cause the weight loss to slow a bit.

Also - based on where you live, it is hot and humid right now. Are you hydrated enough?

If you are getting light headed it could be due to the heat.

Last edited by chnkymonkey; 07-13-2010 at 03:27 PM.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #4  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

As far as the "twitchy thing" in your stomach, I have experienced the same thing before. I don't think its related to weight loss. When ever I used to lay on my back I would feel this twitching under my rib cage like something was moving under my skin. It was really unsettling. My doctor said it was an overactive nerve ending, like when your eye twitches. I had it for a couple months then it just went away. This was before I ever started losing weight. I am not sure if that is helpful or not.
As far as exercise, I know when I take a break for a few days, the first day or two back seem a lot harder until I get back into the swing of things.
Take care and make sure you are getting enough healthy foods. Maybe a multi vitamin would be a good idea as well

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 07-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #5  

I'm in Florida. It's hot but I mostly hide inside even when I exercise. I've been drinking plenty of water and I haven't experienced much gasyness.
I mostly measure according to the boxes or according to calorie count it varies a little from 1300-1600 but I have made sure to include mostly fruits and veggies with rice, chicken and a little beef. I'm still two weeks away from my next period I'm not sure if that would be effecting anything or not. I did drop two pounds suddenly when my last period ended.
And thanks Sweetnlow that could be it. Maybe I'll just wait it out awhile.

Last edited by niafabo; 07-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

a week and a half isn't much...sorry. I know it feels like it is, but that could be due to any number of factors. Really, weight loss doesn't always go down perfectly in one-to-two pound increments each week. Are you weighing and measuring your food? writing it all down, even the little bites here and there? Or have you increased your salt levels? Don't worry about it, just keep going. If you're sticking to your calorie goals, you will lose the weight.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

I saw in another thread from a week ago that you were eating 900 cals a day and losing weight on that. So, I'm a bit confused at what you are doing.

If the twitching is like what sweetnlow explained - it sounds like :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasciculation
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #8  

@ducky I've been tracking everything and avoiding little bites here or there. Been making it a point to avoid salt as much as possible since I've heard it could cause a problem. I'm keeping with it. It's just frustrating to know I use to eat more then 2X as much on a regular basis and maintain my weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post
I saw in another thread from a week ago that you were eating 900 cals a day and losing weight on that. So, I'm a bit confused at what you are doing.

If the twitching is like what sweetnlow explained - it sounds like :
I plateaued after a few pounds. Dropped down to 900 a day lost two pounds then went back and plateaued again went back to 900 did that for like four days and it didn't make much of a difference in fact I gained a pound back so I went back to 1500 and still no difference.

Thanks for the link I think I will try taking some magnesium and see if that alleviates the problem.

Last edited by niafabo; 07-13-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #9  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

If you're 2 weeks before your period you could be ovulating, which might explain your symptoms and weight loss stall. Light headedness and twitchy feelings in my tummy (really my ovary, but it feels like my tummy) and tiredness bordering on exhaustion are all symptoms of ovulation I experience almost every month, but only since I've had my second daughter, before that I never felt anything. It's kind of like PMS, I even retain water and generally stall in my weight loss or put on a pound or two which I lose immediately after ovulation. My doctor told me it was normal and not to worry about it unless it interferes in my daily life. So if you don't find another explanation and the symptoms go away in a few days, it could be ovulation.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You could have vitamin deficiencies. I know I recently had a lot of your symptoms and went to the doctor only to find my vitamin D level was very low. She said working out lowers your D levels and since I don't drink milk and rarely eat salmon or other foods with D I wasn't getting enough. And since my skin is a bit darker I also don't absorb it from sunlight well- you look darker than I do so you might not be absorbing well.

I started taking a multivitamin daily and supplementing additional D (a prescription) and within a few days the dizziness went away and now I'm feeling a lot better (it's been two weeks).

Since you say you don't have money for insurance I recommend a daily multivitamin PLUS a secondary Vitamin D with Calcium supplement. I take viactiv chews and they have an okay amount of D and calcium- but the additional D with calcium (and K) gives a good amount. My doctor said the 400IU's should be more like 800-1000 per day- so it's safe to take a multi-vitamin plus the additional D.

If you look at this link:

http://www.viactiv.com/nutrition/ind...vitaminsdk.inc

On the left are the two products I have. Each bottle is $10 but it's a two month supply so that's not bad. I prefer chews over pills

I found out that 50% of Americans are vitamin D deficient- it causes SO.MANY.PROBLEMS it's insane. And with so many of us working hard to lose weight I wouldn't be surprised if more of us who are feeling constantly tired have deficiencies.

Last edited by beerab; 07-13-2010 at 05:34 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

You keep using the "p" word...just because you don't lose anything for 10 days doesn't make it a plateau. Its just...weight-loss. Some weeks you don't lose anything, no matter how on plan you are. I'm not a doctor, but this whole idea of not losing anything for a couple days make you drop down to 900 calories...if I were you body, i might not drop anything too, cause I'd be too scared of how low that calorie limit would go.

Have you tried just pushing through on your 1500 calories? it seems like a really reasonable level to me...maybe even a little low. You have to understand that this takes time and that giving your body consistent fuel of healthy, nutritious food that is just a little lower in calories than you need is going to be a good idea for long-term goals.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote