South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Fell off the wagon

Hello chicks....

Well after a rock star phase 1 I have had a stall. I was so good at passing on junk...pizza, cookie, etc...but then I had to go out of town for work again, this time with a large group and I didn't eat on plan. Came home to company, and even though I start out well with a good breakfast and lunch pretty much every day I have ended up eating something I shouldn't. I weighed myself this morning and I haven' gained any weight but I haven't lost any either. I guess I am just disappointed in myself.

Company leaves on Tuesday, then it is back to the gym for me. Trying to eat on plan...I MUST eat on plan....

So my question is should I go back to phase 1 once company has left? We are going to the wineries over the next two days so I know I will have a little wine, so I can't start over now...what to do, what to do....
sarahsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

My opinion is that if you can stay on phase 2 without cheating, that is great. But if you continue to cheat, consider going back on phase 1 for a while, maybe a few days or a week or however long it takes to beat back the cravings. Good luck!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I second Karen's opinion. If I've eaten off plan I go back to Phase 1 for 2 or 3 days even though I don't really set off any cravings anymore.

I think that "stalling" (a word I don't use) is a normal part of the process and it has been really helpful to me to concentrate on OP eating and to be less focused on scale results. I hear it over and over again that non-movement of the scale when chicks are "expecting" results is such a set up for off plan eating.

Today, I accept that off plan eating is not going to resolve my desire for the scale to move and I really try and chose to stay OP, instead.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #4  

Thanks! Yesterday was a much better day, even with a wedding meal to contend with. I think I will eat phase 1 or 1.5 once company leaves for a few days to get back on track. I think it is more about saying no to off plan foods than anything else. I have never been very good at saying no.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #5  
Ventura County, CA

S/C/G: 196.4/190.0/165

I was going to post the same thing! After two weeks of on-plan eating, I hit a big wall yesterday. I ate fine for breakfast, but then had something off-plan for lunch due to lack of planning and being out. Then we went to out town's street fair in the evening and I had vendor food - chinese w/rice, noodles, etc. That then kicked off some major p.m. cravings. So, I'm back on plan today.

Do any of you ever have a bad day or 1/2 day and get right back on track without gaining? I feel like I've been really good for 6 days, one day hopefully won't put on a pound!!! Just didn't want to step on the scale to find out...lol.
pamhoff805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #6  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

pam, there is a chance you'll put on a pound or two in water weight, but an actual pound of fat I doubt.

I ate 1.5 slices of pizza last night - veggie pizza with thin crust! and when I woke up this morning was 4 lbs. heavier!!!!! I knew it wasn't actual fat, but when you've been eating clean for a bit, some people get more sensitive to sodium and retain more water. I've been drinking a lot of water and maintaining plan today and already most of it has come off. I suspect (and hope!) that by Tuesday, it will be gone completely.

Don't let a little water weight discourage you and throw you off track. Unfortunately, water weight is a big part of being a woman.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #7  
Ventura County, CA

S/C/G: 196.4/190.0/165

Thanks Zeffryn - I hear ya on the water weigth gain. I've had that happen too after having chinese.

Much better eating today. I just keep telling myself that I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to get back into my thinner clothes by fall. REALLY!!!

My "fat" jeans are still tight so I have a ways to go. Can't wait until they are loose.
pamhoff805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #8  

I have decided not to weigh myself again, at least until I am back on my workout schedule. I try not to weigh myself to much, and use how my clothing fits, or how I look over all as more inspiration than what the scale says....when I said "stall" before it was more about my willpower to say no to foods that I know are triggers for me. Because once I say yes to one, it is hard to say no to the rest.

I have decided also to give myself a break, and know that things happen. I am not going to use the word "cheat" because that sounds to negative to me. And once I start being negative it is hard for me to bounce back. Instead I am going to think of these mistakes as a bump in the road to becoming a healthier person.

I do have to thank everyone again. If I am feeling a little uninspired, I just come to the site and start reading posts, new or old. The advice and support is unbelievable. I look forward to reading the responses of my fellow chicks, and then it is a little easier to pass on the foods I know I should not be eating. Makes it easier to know I am not alone on this journey, especially when people around me are not always as supportive.

Thanks again, and best wishes to all the Beachers out there!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/188/160

sarahsk-I totally BLEW it over the July 4th holiday! I was just about to start phase 2 and went nuts(partially because I was disappointed in my weight loss in phase 1), but I am getting back on track and will do phase one again. One step at a time, my friend!
ncwvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

I have been feeling "uninspired" too sarahsk. I have also been feeling pretty darn lazy about all the cooking. I feel like once I get the kitchen cleaned up for a second, it's time to start chopping again But I have not succombed to fast food--my major issue. I have also stalled as far as weight loss--still 175. Gonna go drink some water now
dizzylille is offline   Reply With Quote