Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default Do you look forward to...

shopping trips? I can't wait to get to my goal weight so that I can throw out every single piece of clothing I have a start over. I can't wait for a new wardrobe. I can't wait to go shopping with my other skinny friends at the same store instead of having to make a special trip to the "big girl store." I can't wait to turn heads again!

I can't wait!

Is there something else that you guys are looking forward to? I know my particular excitement is a bit superficial but it is something I have waited to do my whole life.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Definitely the shopping trips, ahhh to be able to shop at the same place and to have a wider variety of styles. Second on my list is be "normal" before my BF comes back home from Afghanistan so I can run jump/hug him and he'll be able to swing me around haha. I'm really looking forward to being more active and be able to do more physical things with ease.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/210/140

Height: 5"6'

Due to MANY years of fluctuating weight I have several sizes of clothes in my closet. I look forward to the day I have to go shopping to get new clothes because I've lost so much weight that NONE of my clothes fit!
krisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/325/190

Height: 5'9"

I absolutely cannot wait for the day I fit into clothes that are sold in a "normal" store. Gap anyone?
alisonlerae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Superficial? Please. Shopping is one of the biggest rewards of this whole thing!! Without a doubt.

It is something that I used to dread and loathe. Just loathe. It was horrible. SO few choices of such horrible, poorly made, ill-fitting, overpriced clothing.

Shopping with friends? I always made excuses. I would cringe when shopping talk came up. Cringe.

Now - I can shop anywhere and everywhere. And I do - a lot. And boy oh boy do I have numerous closets full and drawers full of clothes to prove it.

Amazing that something so horrendous can turn into something so pleasurable. I love waking up every morning and visiting my clothes. I get to pick out a spectacular outfit each and every day of the week. It's like playing dress up - only better.

Though I definitely started this journey due to my constant fear of me contracting some totally avoidable, debilitating and deadly diseases - or just dropping dead from a heart attack , I must tell you - clothing - shopping, dressing, self confidence, self worth, self respect - having all these things is VERY important. It's something I gave up all those years ago and didn't realize just how important it is to ones quality of life. Yes physical health is huge - but so is MENTAL health. Quality of life.

I look forward to hearing of your upcoming shopping sprees.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #6  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Shelly!!! I have the same idea!! I'm planning on donating ALL my clothes to Goodwill when I hit goal. I'm talkin' new bras, undies EVERYTHING!! I'm saving for a big shopping day.

I also look forward to turning heads again, and wearing a bikini, and BELLY DANCING!!! I have DVD's, MCC has classes, and I have patterns to make myself outfits.

That reminds me, I also want to make my own clothes!!! I see cute patterns alll the time and think "oooo, I would make that, but change the neckline, or bring up the hem!" lol. Just think, across from 24 hour fitness, is Joans (at the Riverview lol) These are some of the things I think about when I daydream about hitting goal. lol

Last edited by SarahD140; 07-11-2010 at 08:56 AM.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:25 AM   #7  
Oneder Bound

rockinrobin- you explained it just as I always imagined it. Like dress up everyday. I would think at first it would feel like I was waking up in someone else's house and going into their closet and find allt hese cute clothes that fit!

They don't make big girls clothes as cute as they do for skinny girls!

Sarah- I don't know if I could ever do belly dancing again, I took some lessons in highschool, but I would LOVE to get in to one of the outfits and look decent! I see those stores every once in awhile in some of the Phoenix malls. Joann's is a nice store. I've seen it over at Riverview, it's one of the bigger ones. I think I will donate my clothes to Goodwill too. Woowoo for tax deduction. I always think, oh man if that shirt only had a different neck line or if it was a little longer....yea but I don't think I could make it on my own. I'd take a class but I'm already too crazy busy with all my schooling now!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD140 View Post
Shelly!!! I have the same idea!! I'm planning on donating ALL my clothes to Goodwill when I hit goal. I'm talkin' new bras, undies EVERYTHING!! I'm saving for a big shopping day.
You will have to donate everything LONG before you hit goal--I started just a little heavier, and I've had to completely replace my wardrobe at least three times already. There won't be enough safety pins in the world to make your old bras work when you lose 10 inches off your ribcage. Your old panties won't stay on anymore, and will hang to your knees in the back. Your old pants will fall straight off.

One of the most pleasant surprises about this whole process has been that it isn't all delaying gratification until one day you wake up at goal and are skinny. It's a gradual process and every day brings new delightful discoveries.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

So true Shmead. I had to buy new bras and panties 5 times.

And yes, there is so much joy to be had from this loooonggg before hitting *goal*. The rewards start surfacing way earlier. Just when you think it can't get any better - it does. Over and over again.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 320/239.2/150

Height: 5'7"

While I can't wait for the shopping (because I hate doing so now), just seeing one chin in the mirror will rock my world.
Khrungy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #11  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I can't wait to go shopping either!!! Something I totally hated to do before, but can't wait until I hit my goal. I know I will have to buy a few things here & there to get me through, but when that final day comes....watch out world I'm going shopping!!!! I can't wait until I pick up a shirt & not have to worry if it is long enough to cover my belly. I can't wait to buy jeans & actually like the way I look in them. I stayed away from them because I felt like I looked as wide as I was tall or short for that matter. I can't wait to feel good about the way I look & actually believe that I do look good!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm going to have to head to the stores before school starts again, but I'm holding off to see what size I will be. I am definitely making do at the moment. I have a fun dress, a "sexy" dress, and a few decent but very casual summer items. I had to go to a Memorial service for my boss last week and I was so embarrassed to wear casual summer clothes but I thought the fun dress and the sexy dress were even more inappropriate.

I'm in that I-need-new-clothes stage but don't want to spend a fortune because I'm nowhere near where I'm going to land.

Do I look forward to shopping? How's this for an answer? I look forward to the day I look forward to shopping. I still find it intimidating and overwhelming. There are so many choices and I'm not used to that. It's like a whole culture I haven't been around for a decade or more.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #13  
Oneder Bound

I thankfully have saved some of my old clothes all the way back to my size 13's. I think it was a part of my wishful thinking like I would magically fit in to them again. I held on to bras, skirts, pants, and tops. I'm hoping I will be able to use them while I lose. A couple of the tops were ones I just couldn't let go. They were just too pretty.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #14  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Though I definitely started this journey due to my constant fear of me contracting some totally avoidable, debilitating and deadly diseases - or just dropping dead from a heart attack , I must tell you - clothing - shopping, dressing, self confidence, self worth, self respect - having all these things is VERY important. It's something I gave up all those years ago and didn't realize just how important it is to ones quality of life. Yes physical health is huge - but so is MENTAL health. Quality of life.
Rockinrobin - U said it perfectly.
I went down to Phx on Friday with my 145lb sister and all I did was stand there and watch her shop. She tried on the clothes that I picked out for her and would love to wear one day. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! The only thing I can buy in those stores r the acessories and thats just plain sad. I want to go roller skating by the beach, skip with my nieces and nephew without thinking that my knee is gonna give out on me. I want to turn guys heads and be embarassed to be gawked at.lol.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #15  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

I am super excited to be able to shop in any store and never see an X before or after a number again. I have already had to buy new clothes, but I am buying just a few since I am nowhere near goal. I used to be an absolute clothes horse back in the day and basically stopped shopping for the last 10 years or so due to how hideous they make plus size clothes. I would buy just a few items and wear them and wear them and wear them...thank you Robin for getting me excited about the clothing prospects.

Last edited by steph15; 07-11-2010 at 11:41 PM.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote