View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
ORSewmama

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I'm losing about 1.7 per week, and I've been doing this since the beginning of the year. The thing to me is that each time I lose weight, it's making it a little better, a little healthier. Honestly, I am not where I wanted to be at this point, and I'm just putting that out there. But I am thrilled with where I am - I'm wearing smaller clothes, I have more energy, and overall I just feel better.

I know the basic mathematical equations are there, and yes, in general, it's calories in vs. calories out. But any dietician or nutritionist will tell you it's not always that easy. Our bodies are very complex, so much so that if you eat too little, it can backfire and you can gain.

In answer to your question, I think you should let the first two go, but honestly, I think you should also seriously consider letting all of the specified goals go, and concentrate right now on each day, week, and month, staying on your plan, making good choices that will teach you how to eat better and live better for a lifetime, and less on the end goal. Hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but I had to do this for myself a few weeks ago, and it has really helped my attitude, and magically, I started dropping more pounds again.