Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #1  

Question New LAWL Plateau Breaker

I am curious to find out if anyone has tried the LA Plateau Breaker system that they have released recently. I read about it on LAWL facebook page, but it's not alot of info. It looks like some kind of drink that suppose to get you over a plateau. For those of you still going to centers, I would like to hear more about it. And if there might be a similiar product on the market. Thanks.
fit40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit40 View Post
I am curious to find out if anyone has tried the LA Plateau Breaker system that they have released recently. I read about it on LAWL facebook page, but it's not alot of info. It looks like some kind of drink that suppose to get you over a plateau. For those of you still going to centers, I would like to hear more about it. And if there might be a similiar product on the market. Thanks.
I have some information...it is a kit with some drink packets( like La splash packet) which you have to use for 5 days...together with a stricter diet plan of whole grains...etc...they will give you.
You are supposed to lose 5lbs just after that.
It is as usual ridiculously priced like rest of their products. It costs $CAD 99 - 5% off. I am not sure how much it costs in the US.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  

Thanks MJ! That helps.
fit40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #4  
LAWL ups and downs

S/C/G: 166/151.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm planning on doing the LA Plateau Breaker starting next week... hoping to break this 156 lb. slump I've been in for three weeks. Erg.

You do normal 2 day Takeoff with unlimited green veggies and 6 ounces of lean protein per day. (I break it up into 3 meals with 2oz. each)

Then you follow a very structured meal plan that comes with the Breaker packets. There are three packets you drink each day. There are specific ones that you use morning, noon, and night.

I'm a little skeptical since every time I do takeoff it seems like my body hangs on to the weight and sometimes I'll even gain a pound or two. I'm definitely a trial and error type of person though, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. I will start normal Takeoff on Monday then the Plateau Breaker on Wednesday-Sunday.

I'll keep you updated!
amhoffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #5  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

i would definitely like to know how PB works for you!
Good luck!!!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #6  
LAWL ups and downs

I'm on my last day of regular TO, I weigh in tonight and I'm starting PB tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous about sticking to the exact menu. You have to have the same combination of foods at the same time of day, and there is a very limited list of proteins, starches, veggies, etc. I suppose that's why they do it after TO, when you want to eat everything in sight, especially carbs haha. The morning packet says it helps you stay full throughout the day so maybe it'll be a cakewalk. (har!) Here goes nothing! Hopefully I'll be back here in a few days telling you I lost ten pounds in a week haha riiiight!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #7  
LAWL ups and downs

Well, I just weighed in last night, and I was shocked to see that I had lost 3 lbs since Thursday. My counselor told me I probably shouldn't do the PB unless I'm really hitting a plateau, and since the pounds I was so frustrated with seem to be letting go, I'm going to postpone the PB until my next TO in two weeks. Starting Monday, Apr. 19 (probably)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

I am trying the plateau breaker over the next few days. So far, so good. I bought the kit from an ebay seller/buy it now for $14.80. They charged $10.00 for shipping, but still a good deal compared to LA to Your Door. No bars were included, but I have a few LAWL bars left, and the Special K Protein meal bars are comparable, plus have more fiber.

I just had lunch and feel stuffed. I will say that the orange-flavored breakfast drink is good, but the berry drink for lunch is rather bitter. I will try the tea packet for dinner. The breakfast drink also has a ton of vitamins and minerals.

The menu is limited, but filling. Meats are only chicken, turkey and various types of fish. There are a few vegetarian protein options. I think I can put up with it for five days.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #9  

I tried the tea packet last night. It is weak, but not bad. Kind of tastes like a glass of tea in which the ice melted.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

So I am really curious. Are there LAWL centers that have re-opened or still opened? I thought they all shut down. They still owe me about 6 months and I would love to be able to go back.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #11  

Roberta, I have been trying to find out where the actual centers are, to no avail. There is absolutely nothing on the internet about them.

I was in the best shape in my adult life when I went to LAWL. I didn't lose money like most people, since I was on my multitude of "free weeks" from entering contests, etc. at the center. I missed out on my maintenance, which makes me sad, because I gained a lot of weight back. It was the three weigh-ins a week that kept me "honest." I don't think it's as easy without that hammer hanging over your head. If any other company offered the services I had at my center, I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I never bought a bunch of bars and things upfront, so I would not be bamboozled into that with another company.

I have refused to deal with LA to Your Door because I won't trust them with my credit card to send products on auto ship. You get good deals if you hand over your credit card, but get a bad price and high shipping if you just want to order things on an as-needed basis. I wish they would realize that they need to be a bit humble to get the trust of their former clients back.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #12  

By the way, I decided that I could not abide that lunchtime berry drink as of today. It really tastes awful---kind of like the "cherry" flavor of bad cough syrup. I even tried adding a bit of Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape to it to see if that would mask the bitter taste. I will be substituting an FRS diet orange energy drink from now on, since the LAWL drink for lunch is supposed to help you with your energy and metabolism.

I am on day two and have lost a pound. I am of the opinion, though, that the drink component is a scam. The diet is restrictive and relatively low-starch. I think the extra liquid and the consumption of lighter meats like chicken, fish and turkey are what make you shed your water weight and puffiness. I have the feeling that if you were at a center, the plateau breaker diet would be offered as part of your membership, like we had a similar plan at our center in the "olden days." I think adding the drink sticks make it something you can demand top-dollar for from a mail order website.

I think this will be an easy plan to follow whenever I need a jump start for my weight loss. I think any diet energy drink could be used for the morning and noontime meals.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Tracy, I agree about not wanting to give them any more money. I also have searched the LAWL websites and entered my zip, getting a message that "LAWL products are not available in my area". My too about keeping honest when you weigh in 3 times a week. Whatever the reason, it just worked.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #14  

I am glad ebay is there for buying an occasional LAWL item. Since most things are dated now, it is easy to make sure your bars, etc. are fresh.

I would have been really annoyed to have bought the Plateau Breaker kit for the $99 price I saw mentioned on this thread. It consists of 15 drink sticks and a tiny diet booklet (25 pages), with a 5 day food diary at the back. Even at $70with a couple of boxes of lites thrown in like on the LA to Your Door site, it would have been way too expensive.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #15  

Thumbs up How to lose weight

Losing weight is very simple but requires commitment. My advice:

- Drink lots of water
- Eat more and more often (every 3 hours)
- Eat the same amount of carbs, fat and protein (good ones)
- Exercise 2% of your time and work bigger muscles
- Avoid sugar completely, you can replace it if you like sweets
- Do power walking within your exercise routine
- Calculate your RMR
- Don't ever cut calories more than 20% of your RMR
- Watch your body fat percentage instead of your weight

I lost a lot with The Fat Melting Program
brandonzfitz is offline   Reply With Quote