Old 07-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Default New Packaging at center, new taste??

Okay, maybe I am crazy but the new packaging of the HNS's (tall and narrow vs. short and wide) tastes different to me than when it was packaged the other way. And not in a good way. I've only tasted the Mixed Berry and the Kiwi Melon.. but they both have a very distinct fiber"y" taste now. Has anyone else noticed this???
a82allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #2  

I thought the exact same thing about Mixed Berry!! I had my first one today and didn't like it AT ALL.
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #3  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

And I don't think it works any better. I tried to tear off the top and got a jagged edge that dripped all over my water bottle. They tell me they are all going to be in the new shape soon.
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #4  

Yeah, with the new packaging, I still cut it open, but it almost bent backwards all over my white shirt

Not impresssed...
mouse120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #5  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Not a fan

Today I traded in individual servings of the new MRC blue raspberry-flavor HNS (yuck) for ones in the goodie basket that I know like, and I noticed the same thing. The kiwi lime is definitely a different color, much darker and more olive-colored than before, although I haven't tasted it yet. The new mixed berry tastes OK, although I agree it is not the same as the earlier formulation. If you are curious about a new MRC flavor, see if you can get a sample before you buy a whole box. I'm glad my center lets us trade. I bought a bunch of drinks from Diet Direct last time they were on sale, and I also agree with others that their Proti-Diet Wild Berry is to be avoided. I am not hugely crazy about the Diet Direct Proti-Diet Peach Mango either. Both of these have that fibery taste mentioned in some of the previous posts.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #6  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I stupidly bought 2 boxes of blue raspberry because I love that flavor slurpee lol - but ugh, it's gross.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I noticed that both blue rasberry and the mixed berry are a lot better when I don't use as much water as before. I use about 5-6 oz of water instead of 8, and it tastes better to me. Try that....maybe the "fibery" taste will go away!!

Last edited by skinnysissa; 07-10-2010 at 12:34 AM.
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #8  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

I totally agree that blue raspberry doesn't taste like the slurpee...love them too. I did notice that if the "new" ones were colder they tasted better & not using as much water. I usually put a few in the freezer & pull them out when I need them or leave them in the fridge.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #9  

Yes!! I just bought some mixed berry, kiwi-melon, and orange HNS drinks. They are NOT near as good as they were before and I am very dissappointed. Idk what I am going to do. The orange are okay but the mixed berry and kiwi-melon don't hold a candle to the old ones, gross tart taste. I am going to talk to my center Mon. and try to buy any old packages they may have left b/c I used to look forward to my drinks, NOT anymore.... I didn't realize they had new flavors though, any of those any good?
jmt2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/155/155

Height: 5'8'

My center seems to thing it was a mistake in the shipments that they had, but from the comments that I have seen on here I guess they have changed the flavor or make up. My center let me change out the new kiwi, for the new blueberry that I did not think the flavor was that bad.
carolinagirlnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I'm glad I'm not the only one.. I bought the orange, and it tastes completely different to me. I'll have to try it colder.. Maybe that will help.

I'm still on the fence about the blue raspberry.. I feel like a 12 year old drinking blue liquid. Plus the taste is off to me.. maybe if you mix it with ice instead of a lot of water, you can get your icee??
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #12  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

While I was waiting to be weighed in on Saturday, someone was purchasing the orange and the consultant was making a big deal about the new packaging and the other lady waiting mentioned something so I gave my two cents too. The consultant said they added fiber but it wasn't supposed to change the taste. Well the two of us that have tried it thought it didn't taste very well. It sounded like they are adding that to all the drinks so it will more than likely change the flavor of all of them. Sometimes I wish they would just leave things alone and if we need more fiber just tell us and we can figure out how to add that ourselves. One yucky tasting hns a day I can handle, but all of them. That's going to be hard. I try not to drink soda very often but maybe I'll have to mix them.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #13  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I tried adding less water to the blue raspberry and it did make a different. It's still gross but not AS gross.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #14  

okay- so I went in today and complained about the taste of the new drinks and they acted like they didn' tknow why they changed and offered to let me sample the blue rasberry... I did like it pretty well. Kiwi-melon used to be my fav but not anymore. I compared the nutrition and noticed a difference in sodium and potassium. This evening I talked to an old friend who happens to be related to one of the MRC workers, she told my friend that they had to add potassium because of the new diet they are doing, hence the one we aren't suppossed to mention. HMMMM thought that was VERY interesting. The workers act like they don't know why they changed the drinks - but yes they do just aren't telling us.... MRC wouldn't just send new drinks with no explanation...
jmt2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #15  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default A possible action we can take

I mentioned the change in taste to my counselor at the center yesterday when I went for weigh in. She confirmed that the new drink concentrates have had fiber added to them, and that a number people have commented. I told her that I was not a fan of the new tastes, and that I had seen many comments on the TFC forum. She asked me to write my statement down on a sticky note and sign it and she would give it to the manager. If enough people complain, perhaps the company will go back the the original formula. The ultimate vote I guess would be with our dollars. I wouldn't have a problem with letting the center know that I will be purchasing my HNS elsewhere, not only because of price, but now also because of taste.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote