Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default detox and colon cleansers?

i was wondering if anybody has taken like a 14 day detox and a colon cleaners? i just started one yesterday and i'm hopeing it will give me energy becuase i always feel blah and bloated. so has anyone tryed one? and how did you feel when you finished?
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd be suspect about anything that calls itself a 'detox' as really your body detoxes itself on a regular basis and the best thing you can do to help it is eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

The colon cleaners tend to be laxatives and depending on what type can actually be bad for your body. Unless you have serious issues with constipation, they are a waste of money and if you do have constipation issues, I'd recommend a visit to your doctor. Although again plenty of fruits and vegetables can help in that area as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I'd be suspect about anything that calls itself a 'detox' as really your body detoxes itself on a regular basis and the best thing you can do to help it is eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Ditto on what she said. You body has a lot of functions that work to rid your body of "toxins". If you are feeling bloated and blah all the time, try looking at what you are eating. Are you getting enough fruits and veggies? Too many carbs? Are you getting enough sleep? Do you do any exercise?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

ditto, and ditto.... waste of money...... some people use them becuase they claim to make you lose "8 pounds in 2 days!" or whatever, and while ou MIGHT lose some POUNDS on the scale, TEMPORARILY, it is literally just the weight of food/poo/water etc....will not have an impact on how your clothes fit, or how skinney you look, etc, and will all come right back in a couple days.... dont waste your money-- very expensive products
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Ditto on the above.

Your body cleanses itself, and no product is needed to do that natural body process for you. Anything that purports to do so is a waste of money, and will only result in temporary scale drops due to water/waste loss, not fat loss.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Ditto.

But, if you don't already do so, add a lemon wedge to your water for a natural way to help 'cleanse' the body as well as prevent bloating.
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I did a cleanse once and I really liked it, it was the slimquick one. I was also eating right and exercising though, I realized the good feeling I was getting was from the water with lemon in it that they directed me to drink in the mornings.

I do drink lemon with warm water once in awhile when I feel like I need a little flush It always seems to do the trick.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I do drink lemon with warm water once in awhile when I feel like I need a little flush It always seems to do the trick.
I've never drank warm water with lemon, but pretty much my 8+ glasses a day of cold water has lemon in it.

I wonder if you can have too much?
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote