Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Question Hungry Girl Cookbooks-Anyone try these recipes? Comments? Faves?

I just received 2 Hungry Girl cookbooks and was just wondering if anyone has tried these recipes out. Do they really fill you up? How big do the portion sizes look? I'm all about quantity. Anyone try Vitalicious?

I'd appreciate any comment/reviews, and if you have any favorites. Thanks!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I love, love, love my Hungry Girl cookbooks!!! I have the original and the 200 for under 200.

The 200 for under 200 has some GREAT pancake recipes that I've recently been eating every day, haha. One is for banana pancakes and another is for oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes. They call for making 5 "mini-cakes" but I make them into 3 medium-sized ones. I think they're pretty good sized!

I also love the onion rings (original book), chicken fingers (original book), pizza pocket (200 for under 200), and the Dan-Good Chili (original).

And don't get me started on the dessert sections. The Death by Chocolate cupcakes? Fabulous (I think they're in the original).

Basically, I could go on forever and list all my favorites, but so far, I haven't made a recipe that I HAVEN'T liked. The Vitatops are delicious too, btw, lol.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 405/216/205

Height: 6'4

Onion Rings, Butternut squash bake, boneless hot wings.
tryhardforlife is offline   Reply With Quote