Old 07-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238.5/235.5/150

Height: 5'8

Default Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi everybody. I'm Angela and I am 36 and live in Virginia. I have 2 amazing kids. My daughter is 18 and getting ready to start college and my son is 12 and will be in the 7th grade. I have been married for 19 years but have been separated for almost 10 months (long, complicated, confusing story that I really don't quite understand myself). Like most of you I have struggled with weight all my life. I have decided to start again today with Calorie Counting because I want to feel better about myself and feel like I have some control over my life. With my daughter leaving for College and my marriage being in limbo, feeling in control of something would be a welcome thing! I am currently 238 and would like to loose 88 pounds. I am 5'8 so I did some research and figured I should be eating about 1700 calories per day. Does that sound about right? I look forward to learning from all of you and celebrating your successes.
AngelainVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

welcome and good luck!!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Angela!

To start off with that should be a good calorie count but if you find yourself not loosing if it was me would cut it down some but not to where you feel your starving.
I know how it is when our young leaves it is not easy and don't let that run you to the fridge,please. it will not make you feel a bit better, but you will be upset with yourself. Instead turn the way you look at her leaving around, that you have to keep yourself in top condition for her and your son. Decide on what you can do for fun in exercise, look at your menu and write everything down that you eat. If you want you can send it to me at the end of each week, if it helps you. Just click on my picture and email me your menu. I post mine in Golden girls, they have a place pinned there just for that.

Do you like to dance , when you do that house work turn on the music and wiggle that bode! Have some fun Angela and most of all find something to laugh at , it is great medicine for our soul, movie, old memories etc.. Find something you like to do and start doing that instead .

A boy of the age of 12 should keep you moving! Is he active in sports, if not does he like games , what I am getting at is precious moments made or not forgotten, doing things together make them even more special. Like swimming, hiking, skating...etc...
You have made the first step Angela by coming here and it is a great place! Keep on walking Angela, keep on...
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/195/125

Height: 5'2

Welcome, Angela!
Kimberly7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Angela!

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Angela,

You've found *THE* best forum on the 'net!

Best wishes on your journey and please keep us posted!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #7  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Nice to meet you and have some fun!!! This is a great place to come when things get tough. The people on the site are great supportive and encouraging. "Come on in, the water's fine"!!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238.5/235.5/150

Height: 5'8

Thanks everybody! I am wrapping up my second day and I am not feeling that stress that I normally do when I am trying to lose weight. It feels good to be in control! I even went to Chipotle for lunch with my daughter today and everything fit right into my calorie count. I still have 670 available going into dinner Thanks again for all the sweet and encouraging words.
AngelainVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #9  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi AngelainVA, I'm in VA also, welcome. I love Chipotle, we don't have one here we have a Mo's Southwest, not bad but not the same . Have to go 35-40 north or south for Chipotle. You'll get all the support you need here on 3FC.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote