Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #1  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

Default Never Tried Atkins

Hi All!

I've been a 3FC member for a long time. I lost 50 pounds (Calorie Counting) a few years back, but in the past six months I've gained it all back. (It's been a long, drama packed, life changing six months.)

At the suggestion of my therapist and after discussion with my Doctor, I've decided to give Atkins a try.

I have a major food addiction problem, and carbs appear to be a huge trigger for me, so I'm hoping after 2 weeks of induction and slowly adding them back in I can learn to manage my addiction.

I just wanted to introduce myself here, since you will probably (hopefully) be seeing a lot of me in the next few weeks and months!

Last edited by Jacque; 07-02-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins Jacque!
Its a great plan, I've been doing it for a little over 6 years now
Have you read the book?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Once you make Atkins a way of eating...it is really easy to follow. As someone who is triggered by carbs...I understand how hard it is to lose weight and deal with them. I have never been able to keep the weight off. Atkins is different.

I highly recommend reading the book and following Induction to a "T" and you will be well on your way!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
Building a Better Me

Which book?

I'm almost finished reading New Atkins for a New You - because it was recommended to me by someone on another message board. (A mommy site.) But if there's a better one to read, I can head to the library ASAP too!
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
Which book?

I'm almost finished reading New Atkins for a New You - because it was recommended to me by someone on another message board. (A mommy site.) But if there's a better one to read, I can head to the library ASAP too!
My personal recommendation would be Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 & prior editions.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #6  
Building a Better Me

Thanks! I just put that on "hold" at the local library. Hopefully I can run in and pick it up ASAP!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
My personal recommendation would be Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 & prior editions.
^^^^^^^^^Ditto!!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Personally I think the New Atkins for A New You is a good book.

For years I read all the articles about "food addiction" and "emotional eating" and "bingeing" and always wondered how much that might apply to me because of course I had moments when it seemed like it did. Then I started eating low carb (20-30 grams per day) and suddenly I realized it was a carb intolerance problem, not an emotional one, or a self-control one, but rather a real biological one that is easily managed by keeping carbs out of my diet. Knowing that also helps me stay the course on this way of eating, because I know how it affect my mood, hunger, etc -- more than just the scale.

Hope you find the same to be true!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260.2/228/145

Height: 5'4"

Sarahinparis... Me too!!! I thought I was never gonna be able to control myself, and that I was destined to be fat forever!! Nope, it was the carbs!! I don't crave food anymore, now I do get hungry, you know that feelins is different, than I JUST WANT TO EAT!!! I love this way of eating!!
hairchick40v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

I think it's this change in hunger & desire to eat & feeling like I need to be constantly controlling myself which has disappeared w carb restriction that keeps me choosing to eat this way. It's just so much easier to not have to worry about the hunger monster or temptations now.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote