Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Saggy Leg Fat and Deflated Balloon for a Belly...

I ran my butt off on the treadmill the other day (this was about two weeks ago) and I was feelin' so good. I felt invigorated after and happy! And then... I got in the shower, looked down at my legs and noticed ~gasp!~ some saggy fat on my right thigh. EEEW! Here I am busting myself only to have nasty thighs. I felt very... defeated.

After losing nearly 40 lbs (my very heaviest was 250) and having a baby, my body looks like a deflated balloon... like a bomb went off inside my gutts. And I still have AT LEAST another 40 lbs to go... what will I look like then? I know that I would rather be tucking saggy skin into size 12's than trying to zip fat into a size 18, but still... the body image issue has really reared it's ugly head these last two weeks.

I guess I am just looking for others to tell me how they get past body issues like this. I want to love myself, saggy leg fat and all. The jogging and exercise has done wonders for me - it makes me feel strong and healthy. I love the capable feeling that comes with being able to jog two miles in a row or hoist myself out of the lake without using a ladder. But my saggy leg fat made me cry.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

One, my saggy skin hasn't really gotten much worse over the months. It's like my body reached some sort of stability where it can now absorb as fast as a I lose, so don't think it will keep getting worse at the same rate.

Two, it can and does get better over time. The body's ability to fix itself is truly remarkable.

Three--well, someone told me once that having a baby was 100x harder than you ever imagined it would be, but that it was also 10000x better than you ever imagined. So even though it's worse than you thought, you don't really mind because it's also SO MUCH BETTER than you thought.

That's how it's been for me "tucking saggy skin" into my 12s (and one weird 10!) Yes, their is more skin than I thought/hoped there would be and I don't like it, but the 20 seconds of not liking it is followed by 5 minutes of looking in the mirror just amazing--beyond amazed--at looking normal. I can't imagine what it will be like when I look thin.

So it sucks. But it sucks like winning a free all expenses paid vacation to a tropical paradise and it turns out they make lousy margaritas. It's unfortunate, but not that big of a deal in the big picture.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
So it sucks. But it sucks like winning a free all expenses paid vacation to a tropical paradise and it turns out they make lousy margaritas. It's unfortunate, but not that big of a deal in the big picture.
Ok, can we make this the official answer to all loose skin threads? Love it!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ditto - love love love that answer!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
Lol! I like that! Thanks.

Having a baby was way harder than I imagined... I think that is part of why I don't care so much about my saggy belly (I also figure, I can tuck that into bikini bottoms!). Mostly, I am hung up on my leg fat and want to get over it!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote