South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #1  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Default What to eat while getting over stomach flu??

Yesterday I spent the day in bed after throwing up breakfast. Had clear liquids, nothing else. The day after, I would usually stick with the BRAT (banans, rice, applesauce, toast) diet, but that's not exactly SB legal. I'm having some oatmeal for breakfast, but I wanted to get your opinions on what to eat the rest of the day. I'm not planning on a five course banquet!! I'm still not feeling 100%.

Good news is that I lost 2 pounds yesterday!
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I think the best thing you can do is just recover. I always took a few days off of SB, especially if I was in P1. BRAT was my best friend. I made sure the applesauce was natural and unsweetened (not artificially sweetened!), the toast was whole wheat and the rice was brown. I didn't go overboard on them either. a slice or two of toast, a cup or so of rice, a banana and 1/2 cup of applesauce. I think as long as you aren't downing cupcakes just because you're on a break, it isn't going to cause any drastic damage. Get some rest, drink plenty of water and hop back on the SB train when you start feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

When I'm sick like that I like to eat the clear broth soup that you get at Japanese Steakhouses. It's basically just chicken broth, green onions, and thinly sliced mushrooms.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
I think the best thing you can do is just recover. I always took a few days off of SB, especially if I was in P1. BRAT was my best friend. I made sure the applesauce was natural and unsweetened (not artificially sweetened!), the toast was whole wheat and the rice was brown. I didn't go overboard on them either. a slice or two of toast, a cup or so of rice, a banana and 1/2 cup of applesauce. I think as long as you aren't downing cupcakes just because you're on a break, it isn't going to cause any drastic damage. Get some rest, drink plenty of water and hop back on the SB train when you start feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon!
I agree. And maybe some sugar-free ginger ale, although maybe it isn't really made with ginger any more, which is the ingredient that helps the tummy. Maybe a sugar-free popsicle would feel good. I hope you feel better soon.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #5  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I use ginger tea - both hot and iced. That really seems to calm my stomach.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote