Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default I hate that I've wasted almost a whole year!

Finally back in April I was ready but then I keep back slidding, restarting and restarting. Last week I started a new journal and I'm hoping that will help me keep on track but my usual thing is that I read and write through this but that inspiration left me last August. I'm in control, I'm committed to this and I am tired of feeling sorry for myself as I have been for the last year. I've made my decisions in my life situations so I know that I have no excuses now! So here we go again.

I'm on day 4, I've quit smoking again for about 2 weeks now and I feel like I'm finally ready to get back to it.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Wrapping you in a big hug. I'm in the same situation, weightwise: if I'd carried on where I was a year ago, I'd be done by now.

We're not winners yet but we're not losers - we fall down but dannit, we keep getting back up again.

Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good luck with quitting smoking. Yes, you CAN do it. Use all the tools you can find to help.

Forgive yourself for getting off track with your weight loss efforts. It's a new beginning!

Plan, plan and plan some more.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #5  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

I really dragged-azz on my weight loss for a year & 1/2.... Yeah I wish I had that time back, but I guess I just wasn't really "ready" like I am now.

But we can only go forward now, you can do it!!!
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I hear you. I have sat and figured out before. Even if I would have stuck to it enough to see one pound a week it would have made a huge change in the course of time. Even since getting on 3fatchicks last april. At a pound a week I could be down 13 pounds since I started this forum alone. And I've been trying to lose these same pounds much longer than that.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm sure we can all spout about wasted years. I had 3 years in between a 30 pound loss, a regain + 10 and where I am now. Three years!! And yes, I feel like I wasted those years, definitely. But before you get to goal, you will eventually find peace at a heavier weight than where you'd like to remain. I feel really, really good with 40 pounds yet to lose. The journey isn't as long as we make it our to be when we're at the starting line.

Don't let another year go by. Know that one year from now, you won't have to look back and say "I wasted another year". As the favored saying around here goes, "A year from now you'll be glad you started (or restarted) today."

Congratulations on your restart!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

You CAN do this! I've wasted lots of time myself in the past. I'm making this THE time. Congrats on your restart!
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
The journey isn't as long as we make it our to be when we're at the starting line.
I agree with Eliana 100%, heck 1000%!!!

That's the thing I really never understood and the thing that held me back more than anything from really getting started...

I was just looking at my fitday weight tracker-- when I sat it up last June, I wanted to be AT GOAL in a year, but the weight tracker wouldn't let me because it "knew" I couldn't lose that fast. So I settled for 175lbs by July 15th as a goal-- to lose 125 lbs in 14 months I was going to have to lose 2.13 lbs per week for 14 months straight. I really remember looking at that weight tracker and feeling sad and discouraged.... I was thinking "how could I possibly be so fat that I could diet for an entire YEAR just to get to a weight that I won't even be happy with... 175????"

Well, needless to say, I didn't "make" that goal. That's 25 more lbs and it might take me another 4-6 months to get there, and even that will not get me to a healthy BMI. I won't hit healthy until 164. My "fighting weight" the weight I think I look really good at? 145. That's still 50 lbs... that might take me a whole year-- if I ever get there, what with the loose skin and all...

But am I sad now? Heck no! Discouraged??? Not on your life! Depressed that I'm not "at goal" after more than a year? NOT AT ALL.

I only had to lose about 40 lbs to feel a SIGNIFICANT improvement in my quality of life. By the time I was 60 lbs down I felt so much better in every way. Right now, I feel better than I've felt in years....

That's the thing. If you are morbidly obese, losing some of that weight makes you feel WAY better, and you can start losing some of that weight right now, today....and once you've lose some of it, you'll be motivated to lose more of it. You do not need to wait a year-- stay on plan every day for a week and you'll feel great! Two weeks, and you'll feel even better. A month will feel like a victory.

Good luck!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I thought I was fat in my teens and 20's and was always trying to lose 25 lbs. Then at age 30, I gained 100 lbs in one year. So I pretty much have had nearly 40 years of diet failures before I started on this very successful weight loss April 2009 at age 49.

Like ubergirl said, the thought that it would take me more than a year to lose 100 lbs. and yet only be medically overweight was a bit discouraging but I had thought through all my previous attempts to decide what had worked for me in the past and what didn't work and developed a plan based on what I knew would work for my mind and body.

So the last year wasn't wasted. You learned lessons that you can apply to this year.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #11  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

You can't change the past or get back the weeks and years you didn't lose weight - but you do control the future! You can do this! Come here often to provide accountability and keep yourself on track.

You can do this!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

You can do it!!!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You CAN do this. You absolutely CAN. You don't have to waste another second settling for second best, not when first best is within your reach. I urge you to push past any initial, temporary discomfort you have as you re-train yourself and establish healthy habits. I believe that's what it's all about. Pushing yourself. Working through the discomfort of saying no to yourself. You must keep pushing and pushing, not allowing yourself to *give in just this once*, keeping in mind that every time you say no to *one of those foods*, you are saying yes to you and you will be one step closer to getting the weight off and one step closer to establishing good habits and CONSISTENCY. HAve strategies in place to get your through. Good, healthy foods to have on hand, things to keep you busy. Oh and it gets sooo much easier. Good eating begets more good eating. I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #14  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

You can do it!!!!! WE all are cheering you on.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Thank you.

I guess I should clarify that I'm kicking my butt for wasting the year but not beating myself up. I had to work things out for myself, come to terms with my life and I wasn't ready to change my life in that way yet along side the other changes. But I'm ready now to get back on track, I'm just glad I didn't put all 40lbs back on that I lost last year. So pulling up my boots, ready to get dirty!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote