Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies~Invitation and WEEK 1

This is Week 1 of our new challenge!!! Laboring for our Bodies challenge(now through Labor day). It is so Hard to stay true to a healthy diet during the summer months~BBQ's, Weddings, Camping, Vacations. . .You name it. Let's make this next Month full of the healthiest choices available.!!!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:25 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Hi I'm Jeni. I'm a wife and mother, plus I work full time outside of the home. My schedule is crazy but I try to make myself a priority at least 35 minutes a day.

W~I drink 64-100 oz of water per day. It depends on my workouts.

E~I'm a runner. My normal workout on my off days is 50 minutes of cardio~10minutes of weights~ 15 minutes Abs. On my on days I am trying to get back into 30 minutes of cardio after work and 15 minute abs. but I have a crazy schedule like I said so I am just starting to get back to it.

E I've gotten really lazy about my food lately and it has given me 5-8 extra pounds that were gone in Feb. So my goal for this challenge is to focus on foods and making the best choices.

D Normally my daily goal/affirmation is focused on housework, or making it through rough days at work. Through this next challenge I am going to focus on food choices.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey!! Don't think I've ever been the first to post on the new thread. Well...here goes.

My name is Mindy. I teach 4th grade currently, so I am off for the summer. I have 2 children 25 and 22 this summer. I have lost 75 pounds but have been the same since last October now. I workout all the time.

This past week I got down to a new low..175.8 It is now mid-cycle time so I have gained a few pounds back.

Week 1- 178.2 Hopefully no higher during this time.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies!

My name is Emily, I'm 30, married with two little boys Connor (3 1/2) and Desmond (18 months). I work full time, I love cooking (and eating of course), reading, movies, hiking, nature etc. Trying to get this body in shape for another baby (now just have to convince my husband!). In a way I'm a perfectionist, so diets are hard for me because once I mess up, or stop keeping track I get frustrated and fall off the wagon, it's all or nothing so I'm constantly struggling with finding balance.

Last challenge I started at 168 and this morning I was 164, really just re-losing some gained weight. So my goal for this challenge is just to get into the 150's, any number would make me happy!

Jeni - I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands job, the economy is tough these days but I'm glad to see you have a positive outlook!

Mindy - howdy!

W - 64+
E - walking, housework, abs
E - good so far, stick with it!
D - try to work with what we have in the house and minimize the grocery trips this week

Last edited by emiloots; 07-05-2010 at 02:53 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I was trying to start just such a thread. If I'd realised that you already had this one going I wouldn't have bothered. Especially since everytime I start a thread no one posts on it . Kinda makes me feel rejected by this forum. Oh well though. If it takes off I'll keep up on both. But I bet I have better hope for support here.

I am married with a 7 year old step daughter. I just finished school this summer and will graduate with a degree in biology. I currently bartend and am trying to lose 30 pounds I have gained over the past 5 or so years. Most in the last three.

On this challenge i am hoping to lose 2 pounds a week through labor day.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

jactron243- I struggle the most with what I eat. I also run, but have been quite lazy lately. I run a certain half marathon every year and sometime another one. But usually get pretty lazy after race day until some new event is coming up. I need to work on consistency in my workout. Water is a huge shortcoming for me. I am terrible about insuring I drink enough.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey Chickies! Love the name for the new challenge.

I am Mavis, 44, married and a tad overweight! I have 2 boys, currently home for the summer, but both in college, 2 dogs (including a 10week old puppy) & 2 jobs!

I am getting going again, I joined the Y and am starting to use that a bit, so here's to better choices!!

9 weeks til Labor Day, I am going for 2 pounds a week, I have around 158 when I came back from my run this am, so 139 by Labor Day!!!!!!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #8  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Ma26 I sent you a message. I often feel the same way you do. However I've never started a thread, just my intro.

Hi Jeni, I have a question about this thread ... Do we post the W.E.E.D. everyday?

My name is Ren age 44, I'm a married SAHM of 5, ages 6-17. In started this weight loss journey on 6/1 at 195.4, my weight this morning was 182.6. I weigh-in daily.

W ~ I drink 64oz of water or more per day.

E ~ My main exercise right now is walking. I walk at least 2 miles and I have pushed to 3 miles a few times. I just looked up Couch to 5K, and would like to try that so I can start jogging. My hubby has a mini gym in the basement but I have only been down there maybe 3 or 4 times. We have a stationary bike in the family room I have only been on that 3 times. When he adds a treadmill I'll go down more often. Need to start working on my ABS

E ~ I count calories. So far it has worked for me seeing everything that I put in my mouth on paper. I talk myself out of a lot. When I want to eat late I have fruit usually an apple or a cup of grapes.

D ~ My daily goal is just to ignore my wanting to snack, and to stay occupied. Housework never ends with 5 children so my time on 3FC is my me time. I'm usually signed on all day, SAD I know. I want to continue to lose at least 2lbs per week.

Last edited by love2b150; 08-08-2010 at 09:22 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

Rennie~ I post my WEED everyday, but its up to you if you would like too or not.

Ma~ I'm sorry you have felt rejected by the forum. I stick to my WOW challenges and barely look at anything else.

Hi Emily and Mindy glad to see you.

Time for Tommy's swim lesson. No workout today, My body is tired from little sleep last night.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #10  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the welcome.

Well I just came in from walking with my husband. I wanted to try the first part of the Couch to 5K schedule that I printed but he said not today, so I walked 3 1/2 miles. I always have to go to the bathroom when I go out walking. Can't wait until I can do 5 miles without having to pee (sorry if TMI). Drives my husband crazy. Hopefully we'll try it tomorrow. I'll be so proud of myself.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #11  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies!!!

Love the new name!!!

Kim, 26, Vermont... I work a ton and have very little play time, but I try to have as much fun as possible! I've been slightly distracted lately, but am back on track now!

7/6 WEED

W~ 90oz. H20
E~ 40 Min. Walk
E~ Stay in WW points
D~ Plan lunches for the rest of the week
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #12  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default 365 days to do it, one WEED challenge at a time.

Hi girls! Independence day yesterday, Indulgence day today. Ugh. But it’s a fresh start here!

SW: 201.8
GW: 181.8 20lbs down by labor day

About me: 39 (as of yesterday), wife, mother of 1 DS (21) and 3 stepkids (10, 8, 5). Work in management for local government – and yes I WORK! J Been playing tag with 205 to 193 for last couple years. Determined to use EVERY DAY of the next 364 day to get Fit by 40. Today I blogged. Got my debt plan set up. And am committed to kick the smoking (broken record, eh?) and get my groove back. I really wanna hit my next decade in the best shape of my life. I’m gonna need you girls to keep me accountable!

WEEDers ROCK! Welcome all newbies. I Love these girls. Haven’t been here consistently to show it, but that’s about to change. Wish everyone luck on the Labor Day journey.

W: 64 or more
E: I wish I was a runner (Jen, Mtiggie). But I am going to try to build up my endurance and try C25K for the eleventy-billionth time.
E: 5 meals a day, no complex carbs after lunch, protein every meal, ditch the soda!
D: Fat Thirties to Fit Forty blogging. Daily check in on my 3FC blog That is my daily goal.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Happy Birthday Kris!

Ma2 and Love2, Sorry you felt left out, but we are awfully happy to see you, so jump right in with us!!

I am with Jeni, when I am on track, I try to post everyday and I am trying to be on track, so...., here we go

W 100 oz, need to get them all
E Going running tonight, but will likely be only about 2.5, supposed to be at least 90 here today, it's like running in a sauna. Don't know how those of you in the warmer climates do it! Also a walk at lunch, crunches before the shower and maybe the 160 some steps to my office this am
E Plan need to focus on planning ahead
D One choice at a time, and they are all mine to make
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Went back down a little today 177.2. It is a higher calorie day, so that should be fun. Working out outside is getting trickier. It is really hot. I walk/jogged last night but waited until almost 8:00. Time to get another free week trial at a gym...with air.

Welcome newbies. We will make you feel welcome here. Stick with us.

Runners??? Run on. I know it's not fun to start out, but the feeling you get from accomplishing a new goal is amazing. And that bathroom thing...I understand. I usually have to do more than pee. Not fun!!!

Mother and Nix- So happy to see you. We have got to stick together girls.
Happy Birthday Nixie baby!!! Make this the one.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #15  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Back again and ready to push hard. It is good to see everyone and welcome to the new people.

I am a 46 year old yo-yo dieter. I am a married empty nester with two grown sons living in California. We have a dog that is like our "surrogate child". The dog is my exercise buddy when my husband is working. I also train the dog quite a bit as we do dog sports so you will see that often in my Daily goal.

This is a good group. I used to post to different groups but don't always have time so I stick to this one. I like to post a daily WEED and then report how it went when I post the next day's WEED. It helps me stay on track and be accountable. It also helps to break it down day by day so if I can only post to one group this is it. This group has been together for a while. Try not to be disappointed if you start a thread and no one responds. I don't think it is personal.

I will be needing your support as I still can't get my eating under control.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk after work
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - prepare some food for the week

Wishing everyone lots of good WEED today!

Last edited by PopcornGal; 07-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote