Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/190/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile Amazed and inspired - Newbie saying hello!

Okay.... so I'm sitting here (40 pounds overweight) and just reading success story after success story and getting inspired to well, get it together. My story is typical - trying to lose some baby weight plus some.

On delivery day I topped out at 238. I was huge. I had gained 65 pounds over the course of my pregnancy. I gave myself permission to eat everything and anything I wanted. I was pregnant over Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and let me tell you - I just ate my way through the Holidays.

I long to be at my lowest adult weight which was 142. At 5'7" I think that is a perfect weight for me. I would be happy at 150. My wedding day weight was 164 and I felt pretty good there too but who am I kidding? I felt better at 150.

Like a lot of you, I've been way up and down - a yo yo. I've done Phen/Fen when it was legal, starvation diets, cabbage soup diets, Weight Watchers, etc. Sometimes I would not eat for 3 days and then binge for the next 2 and do that over and over again. I grew up a very thin kid (thank God - kids can be cruel) and my nickname was "chicken legs." I started gaining weight when I was 12 after my parents divorce. I had a very abusive Mother (physical, emotional, verbal) and food was my only comfort and friend. My weight has always been my cross to bear - my Achilles heel.

My highest of all time was 250 about 8 years ago. I knew it was time to lose weight after breaking a chair at work (ugh) and sweating like a pig at a friends wedding - so very embarrassing. Also, I was turning 33 years old and wanted to date again after not dating for 5 years and knew this was it. If I wanted a family someday, I'd have to "get 'er done" so to speak. I decided I would go on a medically supervised liquid diet. Went to the meeting, tasted the stuff and quickly realized that this would not work for me.

I decided to try it on my own. I started working out more, counted calories and started going to bed earlier. Wouldn't you know - it worked! A year and and a half later, I was down 98 pounds!!! From 250 to 152. In this time, I met a wonderful man online and I spent my New Year that year in a bikini in Costa Rica. So funny that at that weight (152) I still felt fat. The mind is a crazy thing. I know better now and that's a topic for a whole other post.

Anyhoo - this is getting long winded so I'll wrap it up. I ended up getting married to this great guy I met (thanks match.com!) and a year later I was pregnant! We had a miscarriage before this baby and I gained 10 pounds just from being depressed. When I got pregnant I weighed 174. Again, on delivery day I was at 238. With the help of a trainer and running/pilates coach I'm down to 190 BUT... need to lose 40 more. I'm a very athletic person and just want to get my food issues under control. I binge sometimes and overeat out of boredom. Hoping to figure all this out and find a way to live my life without constantly thinking about and obsessing about food. Trying the thintuition/intuitive eating thing right now and wonder if it will work for me.

Life is too short and wonderful to waste all this time hating my body.

Really looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

xoxo
Missfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #3  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Glad you are here and are on a great path it seems..keep posting and let us know how your progressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missfortune View Post
Okay.... so I'm sitting here (40 pounds overweight) and just reading success story after success story and getting inspired to well, get it together. My story is typical - trying to lose some baby weight plus some.

On delivery day I topped out at 238. I was huge. I had gained 65 pounds over the course of my pregnancy. I gave myself permission to eat everything and anything I wanted. I was pregnant over Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and let me tell you - I just ate my way through the Holidays.

I long to be at my lowest adult weight which was 142. At 5'7" I think that is a perfect weight for me. I would be happy at 150. My wedding day weight was 164 and I felt pretty good there too but who am I kidding? I felt better at 150.

Like a lot of you, I've been way up and down - a yo yo. I've done Phen/Fen when it was legal, starvation diets, cabbage soup diets, Weight Watchers, etc. Sometimes I would not eat for 3 days and then binge for the next 2 and do that over and over again. I grew up a very thin kid (thank God - kids can be cruel) and my nickname was "chicken legs." I started gaining weight when I was 12 after my parents divorce. I had a very abusive Mother (physical, emotional, verbal) and food was my only comfort and friend. My weight has always been my cross to bear - my Achilles heel.

My highest of all time was 250 about 8 years ago. I knew it was time to lose weight after breaking a chair at work (ugh) and sweating like a pig at a friends wedding - so very embarrassing. Also, I was turning 33 years old and wanted to date again after not dating for 5 years and knew this was it. If I wanted a family someday, I'd have to "get 'er done" so to speak. I decided I would go on a medically supervised liquid diet. Went to the meeting, tasted the stuff and quickly realized that this would not work for me.

I decided to try it on my own. I started working out more, counted calories and started going to bed earlier. Wouldn't you know - it worked! A year and and a half later, I was down 98 pounds!!! From 250 to 152. In this time, I met a wonderful man online and I spent my New Year that year in a bikini in Costa Rica. So funny that at that weight (152) I still felt fat. The mind is a crazy thing. I know better now and that's a topic for a whole other post.

Anyhoo - this is getting long winded so I'll wrap it up. I ended up getting married to this great guy I met (thanks match.com!) and a year later I was pregnant! We had a miscarriage before this baby and I gained 10 pounds just from being depressed. When I got pregnant I weighed 174. Again, on delivery day I was at 238. With the help of a trainer and running/pilates coach I'm down to 190 BUT... need to lose 40 more. I'm a very athletic person and just want to get my food issues under control. I binge sometimes and overeat out of boredom. Hoping to figure all this out and find a way to live my life without constantly thinking about and obsessing about food. Trying the thintuition/intuitive eating thing right now and wonder if it will work for me.

Life is too short and wonderful to waste all this time hating my body.

Really looking forward to getting to know all of you. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

xoxo
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #4  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Welcome! This is the place to be if you need inspiration. The people here have shown me that this is up to ME and I CAN do it! Best of luck with all your goals!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #5  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Welcome!!
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

welcome welcome. I hope that you will get to all your goals !
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #7  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

welcome! and good luck with your goal!
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 238/190/145

Thanks everybody! p.s. I'm in Los Angeles!
Missfortune is offline   Reply With Quote