Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Mini-goals

Ok, so I was thinking about Jordanna's phrase at the end of her signature...about not being able to lose a whole 120, but if you break it up it's much easier to do!

We all have different things we want to lose weight for - ultimately it's to be healthy and look great, but should we all be setting mini-goals? According to my scale, beginning of day 17 I have lost 14.5 pounds. We are going on vacation (a road trip - from WA to Indiana ugh!) on July 17th. My mini-goal is to lose another 15 pounds by then. Obviously I would be happy with a greater loss, but I want to have a little milestone to look forward to!

What do you guys think???
beckywelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
Ok, so I was thinking about Jordanna's phrase at the end of her signature...about not being able to lose a whole 120, but if you break it up it's much easier to do!

We all have different things we want to lose weight for - ultimately it's to be healthy and look great, but should we all be setting mini-goals? According to my scale, beginning of day 17 I have lost 14.5 pounds. We are going on vacation (a road trip - from WA to Indiana ugh!) on July 17th. My mini-goal is to lose another 15 pounds by then. Obviously I would be happy with a greater loss, but I want to have a little milestone to look forward to!

What do you guys think???
I have broken my total goal of 48 lbs into four mini-goals. I've also set target dates for each mini-goal to help keep me on track. For each 25% of my main goal I have a reward, which is something special just for me, and that helps keep me motivated. It's too discouraging to look at 48 lbs, but 12 lbs at a time is doable.

Stacey

Last edited by Stacey41; 06-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #3  

Right now my mini-goal is to maintain until I get back to phase 1 on August 18th...and then my mini goals are as follows:

Weigh what I did in high school (get in to the 180's)
No longer be considered obese (get in to the 170's)
Weigh what I did in Jr High (get in to the 160')
No longer be considered overweight (149)

As for rewards - for every 10 lbs I lose I'm putting $50 in a box for a shopping spree at the end, and if I make it to goal my husband said he'd double that amount so I'll get $1200 to go shopping when I'm done.

I also bought myself a Coach purse when I hit 75 lbs and I'm getting a new tattoo for getting in to the 100's....

Last edited by jordanna; 06-23-2010 at 10:14 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Right now my mini-goal is to maintain until I get back to phase 1 on August 18th...and then my mini goals are as follows:

Weigh what I did in high school (get in to the 180's)
No longer be considered obese (get in to the 170's)
Weigh what I did in Jr High (get in to the 160')
No longer be considered overweight (149)

As for rewards - for every 10 lbs I lose I'm putting $50 in a box for a shopping spree at the end, and if I make it to goal my husband said he'd double that amount so I'll get $1200 to go shopping when I'm done.

I also bought myself a Coach purse when I hit 75 lbs and I'm getting a new tattoo for getting in to the 100's....
--I like Mini goals...i have to set up some rewards for myself when I hit mini goals...I have 5 more lbs to loose to hit the 40lbs gone mark....want to be there before we leave for Germany..July 6!!!
--Then my birthday is Aug. 25 so I would like be 179 !!!
--My Dad's 89th birthday is Oct 10, so I would like to be 169...LOL
--My Grandson's 10th birthday is Nov 29, so for that I would like to be at my goal weight..150!!!
--THEN...before we leave for our winter home in Yuma, AZ the end of Dec I would love to be 145!!! CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE ALL OUR YUMA FRIENDS!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

A COACH PURSE!! That's a great incentive I was just thinking I needed to expand my collection... but I've always said when I reach my goal, I'm gonna zap off my freckles. The whole reason why I started wearing makeup was because I wanted to cover up my freckles. I came to terms with them by my mid-20's.... UNTIL I found out you can laser them off! Don't get me wrong, freckles are cute... on white girls but not on me! Or Lucy Liu or Tila Tequila.

becky, DOABLE! and while you're on vacation, get yourself something nice! 30lbs is a good milestone
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 PM   #6  

oh my gosh Angie I had no idea you could laser freckles off. I'm sure yours are cute. - I have freckles everywhere it would cost me a small fortune to get them lasered off...I'd probably have to remortgage my house... I have just had to embrace my freckles

Last edited by jordanna; 06-23-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

If I remember correctly, I think it's about $300 to do the whole face. I've just got them on my cheeks so I'd have half a face for about half that price or maybe even $200. The first time I came across this was a lady came into the dealership I worked at back then and she pulled up her sleeve and her arm was COVERED in freckles! Until then, I didn't believe a word she was saying how she had freckles all over her face.

All my friends hate the fact that I'm doing it because they think it's "cute". I think they may think it's unique because you don't see freckles on Asians too often. Generic Asian girl, here I come!

Now that you've mentioned a Coach purse, I am thinking I may add a Michael Kors purse to my goal achievement
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #8  

Oh I just ordered some cute Michael Kors jeans and a cap sleeved cardigan off of Hautelook.com so excited for them to arrive!

If anyone wants an invitation to hautelook.com just let me know your email address and I'll send you an invite (I get a $10 credit if you buy something the first time)

Last edited by jordanna; 06-23-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Oh Jordanna....I was just on there looking at William Rast jeans. They have a wicked deal right now...none in my size yet though...ah well...great minds!
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #10  

I'm addicted to everything on there lol. Sometimes they have my size, sometimes not so much. The baby stuff is always super cute too...and purses and shoes and shades...lol....see, addicted.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

I set a simple mini goal to begin with. Just to lose something every week. Pounds, inches, BMI % anything is better than what I was doing before.

I have some long term goals but have actually discovered some additional mini goals along the way that I didn't even know I had.

I have a very expensive motorcyle jacket that was bought for me as a present a couple years ago because I wanted it. They had to special order a size that "might fit" me. Well when it came in I had to remove the liner and open the side pockets to be able to squeeze into in when zipping up. I said I'd lose weight to fit into it. That was 2 years ago and its been in the closet just waiting on me. Last night out of curiousity I decided to pull it out with the liner in it and pockets zipped up I put it on and zipped it up with room to spare. I sat down and it was still snug in the mid region so my new mini goal is to make it comfortable to sit down in.

My guess is that I will find more mini goals as I go. But since my ultimate goal is major and I plan to reward myself with a new Harley when I reach it I will have no problem going towards that.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/215/180

Height: 5'1"

I haven't sat down and really considered goals and rewards...but I think I am going to today!

I do have one mini goal - it's to lose 15 pounds by July 9th. We start vacation that day. It may be pushing it, but it will force me to exercise :-) I have my first weigh in tomorrow so we'll see how far along I am :-)

-Michelle
michelleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

My mini goals are:
10lbs: a massage
15lbs: new dress from Gap (my weakness)
20lbs: Coach purse!!

Ultimate goal 40lbs: rock an awesome swimsuit on my honeymoon.

I'm glad to see that a lot of us are motivated by Coach. We should be in a commercial or something.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #14  

Oh maybe this is what I need.....mini goals. So let's see

10 -- new pair of earrings! July 10
15 -- new top July 24
20 -- new bathing suit July 31
Aug 2 vacation begins in Mrytle Beach

Is 20 lbs reasonable for August 2??

Also, I am going to start walking everyday
Frannie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM   #15  
Nichole

I spent the first 2-3 weeks focusing on mini-goals and what they should be. And now that I hit the first one, I'm already thinking about changing it, lol. If I'm truly honest, I need to lose 120 lbs rather than just 100 but I had a hard time imaging that when I started so I made goals in 25 lb increments. It would probably make more sense to make them at 30 lb increments but I need to mull that over for a couple more weeks and see how I feel about that! Anyways, here's my original plan.

-25: full set of nails (done)

-50: highlights in my hair. I told my friends that this is when people will really notice so I may as well do something obvious to my hair so that people will stop asking me if my hair is different which has been happening since I lost the first 20, lol.

-75: buy a ticket for a weekend shopping trip in Atlanta

-100: buy an iPod touch. No reason other than I've always wanted one.

I didn't really want to go to Atlanta until I hit the 100 lb loss mark because I plan to do a serious shopping spree with friends there so it may make more sense for me to flip 75 and 100.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote