Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Default Chat for July 2010

July is here and I think I'm the first one posting for this month. So decided to start the July chat thread. Sorry if I treaded on any toes!

Hope to hear from everyone soon!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for starting this up HM no toes are ever stepped on here

Happy July everyone

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #3  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hey, lookie at that - its July already!

Anyone have fun plans for the 4th? I'll be working (boo!) but thats what I get for taking the last two weeks for vacation.

My garden exploded while I was gone (mostly with weeds). I'm sitting here munching on a VERY spicy white raddish.

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 07-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #4  

Thanks Leenie!
No plans for the 4th. I doubt that DH will have any time to go anywhere. But things may change. Amarie-do you get holiday pay for working the 4th?

If anyone is interested....and this is a big deal for me.....I posted some pics of myself in the mini-goal photo album. I have a thing about not being seen

Type at you all later!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thanks for starting the July thread, Sarah! and I loved your pics you posted, awesome awesome job!

sorry you have to work amarie, I do too. Darn service industry! But I"m taking next weekend off to .... camp well it's a local bike rally and yes one camps to stay there.

today was my one day off and it was yucky, cloudy rainy and cold. well at least I did laundry, grocery shopped and threw my old vacuum cleaner out and got a new one.

Hi to everyone!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #6  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hey HM - congrats on your mini goal success!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello, I guess I should say something. I'm new and all. I've been fighting depression for 16 or so years. Only diagnosed with it back in 2002. It's very .. debilitating. I have trouble functioning around the house, let alone trying to keep a job. But that's for another day. Yes, I have seen a doctor, and I am on 3 different medications now, which worry the **** out of me.

Anyone else have trouble just getting out of bed and doing stuff around the house? How do you get yourself motivated? Does exercise really help with moods? I cannot seem to get myself up to do some to see if it helps.
tabathana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #8  

Well helloooooo tabathana!!! Welcome to 3FC's! - I for one have major issues with depression and anxiety. It was very hard for me to start exercising. I really had to get extremely strict with myself! I just couldn't argue myself out of it anymore. I ended up duct taping two phone books together and used them to do some stepping. 10mins with one leg, then 10mins with the other. Eventually I worked up to 1 hour without stopping! I now have a treadmill, and feel real guilty when I don't use it. Again I have to be so strict with myself. Things that go through my mind, "No compromises! Don't think about it! Just get on it and go!! You have wasted enough time!" How can I argue with that? - Perhaps I'm rambling! - I can't tell any difference in my moods if I do or don't exercise, so cant really comment on that, sorry.

Thanks Holly and Amarie for your kind words.

Type at you all later!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

Hope ~ Every so often a munchy day is really not a bad thing. You just need to realize what kind of day it is… and think of it as your off day. You should occasionally have them once in a while… but instead of constantly eating.. figure out something you want before the day comes and then have it.. or you could set up something like make a bag of popcorn and then put portions of the bag into smaller ziplock baggies.. Then you can grab one here and there and not have all the calories a full bag would have.. You could do the same with any other sweet as well.. Just put a serving size amount into each baggie that way you don’t eat the whole package.. I do that a lot. Its also good to keep water on hand and drink a full glass of water when you feel like you have the munchies… sometimes it gets rid of the craving for them. Just some ideas to try and help.

Honey ~ I actually had to go up a bra size which really pissed me off so I do have a bunch of bras that are a smaller size and I really want to fit into them again. I do plan on spending all of the money on me… by then I will need all new clothes. I have a lot of clothes in my closet.. I just can’t fit into 90% of them considering they all fit me when I weighed 35lbs less then I do right now. I really want to get back into them.. My goal is to lose 50lbs.

Hello tabathana and welcome. I get into the same mood a lot and yes exercise does help with the moods.. Sometimes its hard to get out of bed and get moving. Sometimes I even just sit in my chair at the computer for awhile not getting anything done.. But when I do exercise my mood changes and I get a lot more done. Getting up and moving is hard to do at times but you can do it. You just have to set your mind to it. I was diagnosed with Bipolar in 2002 and also have a bad case of depression.

Wow.. talk about a mouth full already... Today has been a rough day.. I woke up at 6:45am but couldn't seem to get the motivation to get out of bed. I fell asleep again at 9am and was up at 11am. At this time I actually had to force myself to get up. My son is at his grandparents for the week but I promised him that I would pick him up today and take him to the movies to see The Last Airbender. He loved it.. and it was an ok movie but I really didn't get into it at all. I like movies with more action to it I guess. I dropped him back of with my dad. He was going to a car show tonight with my dad. He likes looking at all the old cars..

I have been slacking with the exercise. Its been two days now and I still haven't had any motivation to go for my walk... Today I did eat right eventhough I had a small bag of popcorn without butter at the movies. I started writing down everything I had to eat again... I got a really good book from Barnes and Noble. Now I just have to work on the exercise. One step at a time..

My friend is doing better... but she seems to always be here.. Which at times is fine.. but I feel like I am starting to want some alone time which I am really needing.

I start my externship on Tuesday.. at least part of it.. I go for orientation for 3 hours and then I have the rest of the week off because the girl that will be training me is going to be on vacation and I will end up starting on the 12th which I am really not happy about but at least I know that I will be starting it. When I go in.. I have to find out what kind of scrubs I can wear. I only have 3 pairs right now and they are different shades of blue. I am really tired of the blue. I have worn the same for 8 months and I want something new.

I think I am going to finish watching the game plan with my friend and then go for a walk. I feel like I need to go for one now even though its late. I love walking at night. There is less traffic on the way that I walk but it is well lit at night.

Have a good night and I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend....
Purefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #10  
Tab

Thanks for the warm greetings,that certainly helps a lot. I did a lot of working out today, and while I dont really notice a change in my mood, I do notice... I'm tired as **** heh. All things with time i suppose. I am proud that I got through it today. Thats another day down.

Pure - you can do it honey. and I know how you feel about needing time away from friends. Perhaps use your walking as a way to get away and have time to yourself.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning to everyone, and a big to tab! Yes I get that unmotivation all the freakin time in winter...the ladies here know about it, its one of my biggest things I complain about to them Only on my days off, but I will waste an entire day in bed, but not even sleeping sometimes. But anyway, I say YES the exercise does help! I am not one that feels a 'high' right afterwards, but I know that I did something good and in the right direction, and just knowing that "I did it for today" helps me alot.

Purefire, I am a dummy but I know I haven't asked directly, just in case for privacy's sake, but you must be...a doctor? nurse? something like that? I hope they let you wear a diff color scrubs than the blue and a big to you for 'being there' so much for your friend.

HI to everyone else!! I am on the deck enjoying my coffee and the complete light / sunlight and chirping birds and kinda cool but okay 50 degrees. This is MY time of year.

have to work today but not a full day, so hopefully DH and i will get out on our motorcycles for a long ride somewhere this afternoon. We have rare 'perfect' weather!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #12  
Tab

Wow, today was a bad one. I went to my sisters... ate too much, and it was all junk. Got myself so worked up over it that I was sick. Depression sucks. It's hard to forgive myself for everything. Now I cannot even find the drive to go work out tonight.

I never noticed how much junk food made me WANT it so bad.. and how much it made me feel WORSE after I had it. I was eating so much better, and this one day threw me outta whack. Not only do I feel down, but I feel guilty for breaking from my 'diet'. Like I betrayed myself or something. I've never felt so disappointed in myself before. I am going to have to make a game plan for when I visit my family, since they encourage me to drop my diet.

But tomorrow is a new day. I am going to work off all those calories!! And that will make me feel great.

Thanks again for making me feel at home here
Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/155/115

tabathana ~ because of the weekend and a fight between my friend and her mom.. I told her that she could stay here til Monday and then I would drop her off Monday afternoon. After that I plan on spending the rest of the week at least til Friday alone so that I can get things done around the house and don't have to deal with anyone. I plan on starting my walks again tomorrow since I didn't go today and I feel like crap because I didn't go. It might take a few days before you start feeling really good mood wise after you work out. It doesn't just happen the first day you do it.. but it does happen and will help.

Vermont ~ I am just finish school to be a medical assistant. I will be doing my externship at a hospital so until Tuesday I don't know what to expect but I am sure that I can wear any color scrub that I have.

Today was a semi ok day.. but it started on an unusual note. My ex-boyfriend sent me a message on facebook and then before the conversation we were having was over he asked if I would be willing to see him. Yes I did go... and we did talk for over an hour but when I left him.. I was really confused. It was good to see him... but I don't know how I really feel about him. I do miss him terribly. I do have a boyfriend now.. and I do love him but I am not in love with him. When we first started dating I only started dating him so it would keep me from going back to my ex. Now my boyfriend and I are friends but we are having a lot of problems and we fight constantly.. So I am just really confused on what I want to do or how I should handle things. I can't talk to any of my friends about my ex.. So its hard to deal with the situation. I don't plan on seeing my ex again.. but the feeling he causes when I do see him.. drive me nuts.

Today was a slow day and I didn't do anything. i slept for awhile and when I got up I just sat in my favorite chair and watched movies. I should have gone for a walk but I didn't have the motivation. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and go for a walk when I get up in the morning.
Purefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #14  

Hello and Happy 4th of July!

I hope you all have some kind of plans for the day. Me?.....I haven't planed a holiday in a long time. Can't really. My existence relies completely on DH and his work schedule. It's 24/7 nonstop. I'm lucky if we can have a dinner out!

Anyways kinda feeling like everything is up in the air, not knowing what's gonna happen. Kinda sucks knowing that everyone of your family is doing something. I get invited to things, but no one is willing to pick me up, and then take me home. God, do I have to bribe everyone! I want my mommy!

Sorry for the rant. It was good to get that out.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

awww...sarah that is crappy...growing up the only way I could go to any events was if I got a ride..I hated having to bum rides off my friends but if I wanted to get out of the house that was the only way..I know the feeling...is there a way you can take a cab? I know they are expensive...but then again its sad that no friends or family will come get you....i feel bad that your n that ...Hey did you just change your ticker? I may be wrong but it looks like you lost a few more lbs!! AWESOME...if you did...LOL

You would think with ALL the walking I did I would have lost weight but right now its kinda the same I will see wed. once my body gets back to normal what it comes out to...I wish I had my ped. on cause I coulda seen how many steps I took...I didnt really get to use the hm cause you have to have the sensor read it after you do the workout and I had too much going on.
It was ok a lot of work for just two people....had a lot of issues....lol..parents van has starting problems and decided to act up there, then battery died, then no way to charge my phone had to ask some neighbors to charge it, demagnized me back card....but HEY I made it thru!! LOL I was harder than reg. camping cause the kids were kinda trapped in a little space no bikes to ride miles to the shower place, had to be at events at a certain time....no fire to cook on...the list goes on and on...LOL

GLAD TO BE HOME!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote