South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Simmering Summer Saturday/Sunday Smilies

and

Today we finally get some real summer weather with temps in the 80s heading towards the 90s! There's a chicken BBQ at the Park this afternoon and I sure don't want to be a person tending the grills. I may go over later for supper and get take-out, skipping the pies, macaroni and potato salads.

Yesterday's dog orientation was just great. The "Gang of Four" got along beautifully and the new dog, Casey, immediately recognized me as the leader of the pack. Jazz was in his element with a new dog to play with. He weighs 11 pounds and Casey weighs 55 but they managed.

I plan to do some outside work this morning including power washing the back deck but will spend the afternoon in the AC, maybe doing some mending. I forget there are other kinds of sewing besides quilting although I do have a half finished quilt top. Decisions, decisions!

Hope your weekend is unfolding as a great one.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I'm glad things went so well with Casey Ruth.

,We're supposed to have some beautiful, summery weather today, too. I'm hoping to get a bike ride in before it gets too hot and do some yard work.

Enjoy your Saturday friends!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Ruth, I'm so glad all 4 dogs got along so well and that you had a delightful afternoon! Enjoy the warm sunshine today and festivities in the Park!

Heidi, enjoy your bike ride today and take time to bask in the sunny weather!

I'm taking the train into center city this morning to meet up with Monica and my granddaughters. We're going to catch Eric's matinée, "Sunday In the Park With George", head over to the Italian Market for an early supper, then Monica and the girls are coming home with me to spend the night.
First, though, Jake and I are running out for breakfast and groceries.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Uh oh , kitty with a twist tie skidding around the kitchen

Ruth - A 4 dog week should keep things hopping at your house Glad everyone got along well

Heidi - Your day sounds like mine. We are heading out for a morning bike ride to avoid the heat. Not sure that will work tomorrow

Cottage - I saw that play on Broadway a very long time ago. Sounds like a fun day. Hope there's plenty of AC where you are.

The same heat wave is settling in here and today is our last lower than 90s day for awhile. I need to get in the early morning exercise groove for awhile or it won't happen at all. Today we are starting with a good bike ride then home chores. I'll try to grab another flat of strawberries if possible and set the dehydrator up. I think I missed most of the season this year but want to get enough in for some smoothies and cereal over the winter.

One of my summer exercise goals was a bike ride around the area. It's a pretty big loop with some nice hills and I've wanted to try it. Well yesterday afternoon I did it. Not a lot of miles by most standards but I'm pretty excited. The further I ride without problems the braver I get

Now to make a pitcher of iced green tea with mint, fill the water dispenser and add some bottles of seltzer to the fridge stash. It's going to be one of those days
Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

We are heading to the lake in a couple of hours and hubby and I will try to squeeze in a short bike ride first. Rain forecast for much of the weekend so we may have a full house of people stuck in side. Trying to eat reasonably this weekend.

Have a great weekend all.

Catch you Tuesday.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

You are all at least 5 hours behind me and look how early you're all up and ready to get on with your day, I'm super impressed !

I have a House Day ahead of me - lots of decluttering and cleaning needs to be done so today's the day.

I've done 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning, which is a bit of an achievement for me because it's warm and humid and I don't like to exercise when I already feel hot. Hoping a decent weight loss will help me to feel less uncomfortable in the summer months..

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Chicks!

Slow start this morning--enjoying my coffee and taking my time wake up. I am trying a zumba class today at 12:15...and pretty excited about it.

Another minor victory last night--family was in town and they ordered pizza. I thought ahead and made a salad to take to the aunts house, and then managed to stay clear of the pizza, which is one of my FAVORITE foods.

Phase 1 ends tomorrow, and I move into phase 1.5. So excited--haven't checked the weight loss yet.... here is hoping!

Have a great Saturday all
Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
Survived Friday night without my usual glass of wine.
Sad day today, our northern magnolia has been cut down because of very bad scabs, we have had it for about 23 years. The front looks bare naked.
Not much going on here, I just watched soccer and figured I know the ending so no point watching further.
Wishing every a happy Saturday.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Gotta brag a little, yesterday I accomplished one of my summer biking goals and this morning I rode the second. I'm getting much better at pacing myself now. It's not much by serious biker standards but a lot by mine Now I need more summer goals because it's only July 3rd!
Old 07-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just altered our title - forgot it was a weekend.

The dogs were earlybirds this morning. I just can't get back to sleep when I hear whimpers and whines from downstairs. I guess it's the baby crying reflex although my milk doesn't come in.

Gorgeous day yesterday and I did get the deck power-washing started. It was not done last year and is really grubby. Of course, it wouldn't look so bad if there were not the new section. After Church today, I'll carry on. The weather is going to be gorgeous so I will work in some relaxing time too.

Happy Independence day to our American Chickies!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

How could you forget it's a weekend, Ruth? It's what keeps most of us going all week long!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

We're going to a cookout at my brother's this afternoon, and combining today's celebrations with a Christmas In July. Last Christmas we had so much snow that made it hard to get around to visit, and several parties had to be canceled. So my brilliant family decided we'd play it safe and have our annual gift exchange in the summer. Oh, well, it will be different, but fun.

Gotta run for now, but I'll try to check in later!
Have a super day!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Good morning It's nice and cool right now but will sizzle this afternoon. Not my favorite but the garden sure likes it.

Ruth - Deck washing sounds like the perfect chore for today. Hmm, wonder what I can wash?

Cottage - Happy new family tradition How was the play yesterday?

We will ride our bikes into the little town near us this morning for their 4th celebrations. It's funny I don't like parades and I really kind of hate crowds but every year we have lived here we've gone to the street fair. I do know my favorite coffee shop will be there with iced coffee, so something to look forward to This afternoon I'll try to get some yard and house work done as heat allows. Then tonight it's back to the rec center for fireworks. I can take them or leave them but DW loves photographing them so off we go

For now I need to get the last of the strawberries in the dehydrator. I don't have many this year but enough to enjoy over the winter.

Hope your day includes something cool and something relaxing.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Happy 4th of July to the American girls (I celebrated on the 1st!). Actually, I didn't celebrate at all. I went to sleep at 6pm It's 3:51am here on the Canadian west coast and I'm wide awake up with a grumpy baby.

Despite the sleep deprivation, I'm starting day 3 of SB phase 1 tomorrow and feel good about it. DH is not entirely on board, but he loved the salmon and broccoli/mushroom mix I made for dinner last night here:
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...-with-soy.html
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...s-chinese.html

I think I'm going to make this Hungarian paprika pork tonight. This should be interesting because I'm Hungarian and can't conceive of a healthy pork and paprika! I have high hopes.
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...pot-roast.html
Old 07-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Happy 4th! I cant believe it's here! We seem to be managing here-a day at a time. We are trying to find our groove with Rudi. He really likes to be outside and when he's in the house, someone needs to be close. Kirk slept on the floor with him last night. I slept till 4 then we got Mr R outside, so K could go back to bed. I brought a tv tray out with my computer (and coffee) so we can enjoy the morning outside. It's starting to get light and the birds are chirping away!

We will just stay home today. Moms bedroom door opens to the garden so we work in the yard and send her tomatoes and raspberries for snacking. The big chore may be to see if we can get her tv hooked to our dish so she can watch baseball games.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Good morning Chickies!

Good for you Cyndi!
Debbie, I'm glad you and Kirk are finding ways to deal comfortably with the current family health issues. I'm continuing to keep you folks in my prayers.

It's going to be very hot here today, I'm trying to figure out how little clothing I can get away with for church this morning. OK, just kidding on that one, but we don't get too many scorchers in this part of Maine so air conditioning is scarce. Being indoors isn't much fun on days like this. However, being OUTDOORS is lots of fun and I'm hoping to get a swim in today and maybe some kayaking. I expect there are some fireworks in my future, too. lol

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!
Closed Thread