S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Default July Thread

Welcome to July everyone!!
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds which pleased me a great deal since I have been at almost a standstill for the past week and a half. My total lost is 16 pounds!
I am headed to the beach tomorrow for a long weekend and have made a list of everything I will have at mealtimes. I am truly prepared and am going to pack up everything tonight. We are going out to eat only once.... I haven't yet gone out since being on this program..... and although I know I will be VERY tempted to have something off program I am going to try my darndest to stick to plan.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Let's make July a month of huge success shall we?
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Yes! July is here, and that means that my end date is NEAR!!! I have to put it in high gear and STAY FOCUSED!!! My goals for July are:

- Stay OP and resist CHEATING!! It seems like every week I have a good loss, my body tries to gain it back by craving everything!
- EXERCISE!!! I was doing really good...and then it got hot, and I got Lazy~!
- WATER, Water, water
- NO EXCUSES!!

Keep it up my 3FC friends!! Have a great holiday weekend
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Happy July everyone... I'm going to WI today. So far according to my scale, I'm still sticking at my Plateau.. I'm determined to make July a sucess.. June was somewhat of a waste.. Tired of being at the same spot.. I haven't been 100% this week because I've been frustrated... Time to get back to basics... and DO the program...

Good Luck!! Happy 4th Everyone!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

Weighed in today and lost 3 more lbs for a total of 26 in 48 days OP. Another 'Happy Dance'!!
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #6  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Fool me once!

I had a great weigh in - lost two and a half pounds! I've been having intestinal issues for several weeks due to new medication for migraine prevention. I asked the counselor about taking a probiotic such as Yakult. Naturally she sold me the MRC Internal Cleanser Compound, telling me it was a probiotic. I'm sorry, but now I'm at home looking at the label and nothing could be further from the truth. The ingredient list is as as follows: Micro Crystalline Cellulose (fiber, right?), Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose sodium (to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal tract at the required location), Magnesium Stearate (magnesium stearate is the most commonly used lubricant for tablets); Silicon Dioxide (not sure why, very commonly added to pharmaceuticals, and it occurs naturally in lots of foods). The last four ingredients have to do with how the tablet functions once you swallow it. So if all this is is fiber, it seems very expensive at $13.00 for the bottle for 90 capsules! I have not opened the bottle, and I plan to take it back and speak to the manager. If they won't exchange it, too bad, so sad. I guess I'll absorb the loss, but I would warn anyone out there to read the labels before you hand over your money!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
I had a great weigh in - lost two and a half pounds! I've been having intestinal issues for several weeks due to new medication for migraine prevention. I asked the counselor about taking a probiotic such as Yakult. Naturally she sold me the MRC Internal Cleanser Compound, telling me it was a probiotic. I'm sorry, but now I'm at home looking at the label and nothing could be further from the truth. The ingredient list is as as follows: Micro Crystalline Cellulose (fiber, right?), Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose sodium (to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal tract at the required location), Magnesium Stearate (magnesium stearate is the most commonly used lubricant for tablets); Silicon Dioxide (not sure why, very commonly added to pharmaceuticals, and it occurs naturally in lots of foods). The last four ingredients have to do with how the tablet functions once you swallow it. So if all this is is fiber, it seems very expensive at $13.00 for the bottle for 90 capsules! I have not opened the bottle, and I plan to take it back and speak to the manager. If they won't exchange it, too bad, so sad. I guess I'll absorb the loss, but I would warn anyone out there to read the labels before you hand over your money!
That is a very important point you made, Ladystarrider! MRC consultants are trained to sell the company's products. I never went into my center with an issue about anything that they didn't recommend one of their products to solve my "problem". Buyer beware. This program can be done very successfully with minimal pills. Unfortunately, when I went in feeling vulnerable because I hadn't lost weight despite staying on plan it was hard not to fall for the sales pitch. I learned this lesson the hard way after spending money on pills that I really didn't need to be successful.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #8  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds which pleased me a great deal since I have been at almost a standstill for the past week and a half. My total lost is 16 pounds!
I am headed to the beach tomorrow for a long weekend and have made a list of everything I will have at mealtimes. I am truly prepared and am going to pack up everything tonight. We are going out to eat only once.... I haven't yet gone out since being on this program..... and although I know I will be VERY tempted to have something off program I am going to try my darndest to stick to plan.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend. Let's make July a month of huge success shall we?

Great job Wendi!! I am glad the scale is starting to go back down.

Have fun on your beach trip. I hope to have a good loss next week. Maybe I'll be able to get more activity into the long weekend (depending on the weather).

Everyone have a great weekend!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
MRC consultants are trained to sell the company's products.
I'll second that! Yesterday I went in and a new girl met with me and asked if i'd heard about the new 'program' (which i won't mention because we're not allowed to talk about it on this forum). So I asked "Can you give me any scientific evidence behind the program" and she replied "oh well it's based on a 50 year old idea by Dr. blah blah." and I reply "right, but all the studies show it makes no difference aside from the 5 0 0 calorie diet which of course makes a difference, do you guys have any studies or documentation?". Her reply, "well it's been around for 50 years..."

So right then, I lost a lot more respect for MRC. I wanted this program to be something I could recommend to people, but all the bogus smoke and mirrors makes me really mad that they're just taking advantage of us. Anyhow, I'll stick with the program because the food plan makes sense and when i'm done, i'll be done, but I'm not buying another bottle of pills now that my trust is gone.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
I'll second that! Yesterday I went in and a new girl met with me and asked if i'd heard about the new 'program' (which i won't mention because we're not allowed to talk about it on this forum). So I asked "Can you give me any scientific evidence behind the program" and she replied "oh well it's based on a 50 year old idea by Dr. blah blah." and I reply "right, but all the studies show it makes no difference aside from the 5 0 0 calorie diet which of course makes a difference, do you guys have any studies or documentation?". Her reply, "well it's been around for 50 years..."

So right then, I lost a lot more respect for MRC. I wanted this program to be something I could recommend to people, but all the bogus smoke and mirrors makes me really mad that they're just taking advantage of us. Anyhow, I'll stick with the program because the food plan makes sense and when i'm done, i'll be done, but I'm not buying another bottle of pills now that my trust is gone.
They weren't doing that specific program at my center when I used to go there, but I can relate to your discomfort after realizing they don't always have the info on the products they sell. There was more than once that I asked specifics about pills they were trying to sell me and they just kind of glossed over it, not really giving any specifics as to why or how the product worked. When I began buying my own vitamins and EFA instead of theirs, the reaction from the manager was less than pleasant. She basically told me that I would NOT lose as fast because I wasn't using their product. Staying firm and just saying no (LOL) to the extra pills was something I had to learn to do because they can be very persuasive. You are right; the best thing they have is the food plan!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Help! I am on "vacation" for about a week longer than expected. I've went off program for about four days and it appears that I have gained about four pounds. I didn't take any HNS's while I was off program thinking that I would need them for the extended stay.
I know that I can now be OP and I started the day with the menu and the HNS and water. I plan on exercising more and staying with this plan. Is this the right approach?
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinknthin View Post
Help! I am on "vacation" for about a week longer than expected. I've went off program for about four days and it appears that I have gained about four pounds. I didn't take any HNS's while I was off program thinking that I would need them for the extended stay.
I know that I can now be OP and I started the day with the menu and the HNS and water. I plan on exercising more and staying with this plan. Is this the right approach?
Yes, always just get right back on track. Your gain is probably water from the carbs and I'm guessing you're out of ketosis. Usually, actual "fat gain" happens a week or so later. So, if you get right back to it and get back into ketosis, you may come out with a break even scenario; hopefully even a little loss.
Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #13  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Purchase obligation questions

So while I'm under contract with MRC, am I obligated to purchase any products from them at all? I know I am required to take EFA and the multivitamin, but beyond that I have been buying my HNS through Diet Direct. I've gotten my protein bars and shakes at the center, but I'm thinking I may forgo the the Cortitrim and the MRC6 when I run out and just see what happens to my rate of loss. I've decided there is no magic to weight loss, just the accountability and continuing to take in fewer overall calories than are expended every day, day in and day out. I will probably re-up at the end of my contract next month, just so I can proceed into the stabilization and maintenance after having spent this much money (when I do reach my goal). I do get a little discouraged at all the hype and all supplements and protein drinks and extra stuff. After all, it isn't natural to eat this way! I am very happy with my loss so far....
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #14  

I'm getting rid of all of my HNS (from DietDirect), if you live in N Colo and are interested, contact me privately. Concentrates, bars, puddings, fiber drinks.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Well today was a really exciting milestone. I went to the store to buy some new pants now that it's summer, I was still wearing 16's for my capri's but I'm in 14's for my jeans. So i tried several pairs of summery pants and bought 12's!!! I'm so excited, I thought that my goal weight I'd be in 10's but now it's looking like I could be in 8's by the end of the summer. Woohoo!

The semi-bad news, I'm 18 lbs from goal but I think i'm going to edit my goal and go for 145. Which looks like it will take about 3 months to get there from now given I average 10lbs a month. Oh well, another 3 months won't kill me, it will just make real normal meals taste all that much better. I'm so looking forward to ordering an entree without having to suffer so much about making sure it doesn't have carrots etc in it.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote