View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Bunti

Ohhhh. Mandalinn82, you make me miss home. (born and raised in Sonoma county, grew up on organic ranch- early adulthood in restaurant business, blahdy, blahdy, blah)

Now I am in Juneau Alaska, no dairy, no commercial agriculture, great fishing, wild berries and seaweed-- everything has to be flown in or shipped in . (or grown- we do herbs and vegies with extremely short growing seasons.) We try really hard to eat fresh and delicious, but unfortunately have had to revise definition of fresh.
However baking is pretty much the same. Can get good stone ground flours, etc. It would be easier if I didn't have a wheat sensitivity, but like others, I am learning to replace it in my life, and having fun in the process.
I will:Journal every bite * Be gentle to myself and my family * Exercise to the best of my ability * Drink at least 8 glasses of water * Focus on colorful veggies, salads, low gycemic fruit, lean proteins and healthy fats * Limit grains * Get up at the same time everyday and get back into routine * Visit 3FC every day, it makes a big difference to my attitude, thanks to the wonderful folks here.

:
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote