Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Default July Feathers let's chat...

Well, Feathers have we done well in June? I've done ok, I lost a pound, better than gaining it I guess... I also lost inches and I feel really good

This month my aim will be to lose 2 lbs. Keep exercising, get in some more biking which should be easier I'll be off soon for four weeks

What is everyone else doing?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #2  

Height: 4'11"

Hi Ilene, hope it's OK if I join in here I have posted on the 3FC forums before, but haven't been around much lately.....as you can probably guess I gained some lbs back that I had previously lost. My goal is to ultimately lose about 15 pounds, but I'm not tied down to that number since I would be comfortable weighing more - as long as it's muscle!

Anyways, for the past two summers I have focused on losing weight, only to slowly gain it back during the school year. I just graduated college, and find myself in the same situation for the third time. Even though I logically know what I need to do, I am finding it difficult for some reason to re-commit to my health. Maybe it is because I know I'm not returning to school in the fall, so I know there is no "wow" factor in store for me when my friends see a slimmer me...I'm not really sure. But now I am living at home, looking for a job, and feeling like I am in limbo here!

I think I am less motivated to stay OP with eating and exercising because as I said, I have not committed myself to any specific goal. I have been pondering signing up for a 5K, but am not sure that even that will motivate me. I guess I am looking for a good kick in the butt to get myself into gear, from here or anywhere!

Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend to look forward to...
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi all, quietly sticking to plan here. Got me an email buddy, which is working really well. We email several times a day, swap menus, tips, frustrations, photos. Kind of like here, just more personal and one-on-one.

I've dropped a few pounds, but still retaining water like crazy, big beachball of a tummy etc. Gotta drink water I suppose. Hate that.

Anyway, cheers....
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

back little lion...

Joan -- I find if I eat too many carbs I get a bloated tummy when I cut back and eat more veggies instead of carbs my tummy goes right down...

Well I had a great workout at the gym this morning...Afterwards I went to the mall and there was a great sale on dress pants 20$ less 20% ... so I tried a few pairs on and I fit in 6s was I ever happpy
Old 07-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone,
June was not a bad month for me. Lost 3 pounds so now I'm just 2 pounds away from my original goal of 115lbs. Still I decided to lower my goal to 110ls and I think I can probably reach that weight by the end of the summer...
Feeling very positive, had a great run this morning (it was 95º outside today and very humid but still love it!!!)

Glad to hear you are doing well.
Happy 4th of July for those of us in the US!!!

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 AM   #6  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Still having trouble with the night time control when I sit down in front of the TV. Will try again today - tonight!!! I am eating good stuff - just too much.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hi Feathers!

Welcome, Little Lion! Your avatar is adorable. I find that exercise goals are really fulfilling. Maybe training for a 5K, or heck, even a 10K, will be a good hobby for you during your job search?

I had a great month in June -- lost just over 5 lbs, despite my indulgences during vacation. I guess it helped that I kept on track with exercise. Now I'm at goal and trying to figure out my maintenance range and how that all works.

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! We're having friends over tomorrow -- I'm making lots of healthy food and even a reasonable dessert (angel food cake trifle with strawberries and blueberries). And I'm planning an 8-mile run for the morning.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Happy 4th of July my Little American Feathers

danni -- I'm the same at night, I find that a few almonds and green tea, either hot or ice cold helps to curb those munchies...

Way to go thesame7, 5 lbs is awesome, specially at your height and weight, those last few must be excruciatingly difficult

Had a nice walk this morning with my client, this afternoon I am going rollerblading with DD. Tonight I am getting together with some gals and I know it won't be a pretty night food and booze wise... I expect tomorrow to be a write off

Last edited by Ilene; 07-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #9  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I am staying off the scale for a few days until I can face it. But I'm still
working on eating better most of the day. Our family picnic is today.

Happy Fourth of July Feathers
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #10  

I've decided "good bloat" is my friend. Meaning when I eat lots of fiber (and maybe even a little salt)--like a burrito with a little meat, salsa and cheese on a whole-wheat tortilla--I get so full I don't eat. I'll worry about the water weight another time.

I also recommend Bearitos organic popcorn. No oil, and there's a no-salt variety too. Just the corn, great for munching out, very satisfying.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Considering I was up till 2am and drank a whole bunch I feel pretty good... I paced myself and drank lots of water in between my glasses of wine... I will even go for a bike ride soon and roller blade with DD later... It's all good...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #12  

Ok, made it through the fourth, cheated a little bit here and there, bites of chips and so forth, no drinks....

no weight loss but no gain.....I'll take it!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #13  

Hello Feathers!

Well, I think I made it through the weekend intact. We hosted on the 4th so it was lots of healthy food -- veggies & hummus, boiled shrimp & corn, angel food cake trifle for dessert (with tons of strawberries and blueberries -- red, white & blue!).

I had a near-miss with that trifle, though. I took my daughters to the fireworks ("This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in my whole life!" -- DD, age 6), and on the way home I was thinking about a second helping of trifle. I was rationalizing that I had eaten well all day, that there weren't that many calories in it... and then I realized that this is what I do EVERY TIME I LOSE WEIGHT! I get to where I want to be (and I haven't been this low in 20 years) and I just start eating out of control again. And the thing is, it always seems to take a little time before the weight comes back on (maybe b/c I run a lot), so there are a couple weeks where I really think I might get away with it... and I keep eating and eating and BOOM! Back where I started.

But sitting in my car, in the post-fireworks traffic, I actually realized this. And told myself I could have more trifle for dessert on [I]Monday[/I (if I could fit it into my calories)]. I went home, had a glass of water, and went to bed. PROGRESS!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #14  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, ladies-- I hope everyone has had a good July so far. I lost my 32 year old cousin in a car accident early Wednesday morning, so it's been kind of a difficult few days. He was more like a brother than a cousin because his mother had passed away a few years ago and my mom had kind of taken on that role. He's one of the biggest encouragers that I have had in this journey to health, and I will miss him.

Needless to say, watching my weight/food has kind of taken a back seat over the past several days with all the family gatherings and food, and I am up to 133.0. I'm going to pick back up and keep going because I know that's what he'd want to see.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #15  

bama girl, thinking of you and your family...