Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #1  

Default overdosed on sugar, gained weight-feel lousy!-help!

For the last week, I've been so off program, it's not even funny. I wasn't too bad til we were stuck in with Matthew being sick and all the snow, and my husband stranded at work for two days.

Does anyone else have problems handling sugar? I swear, I have a sugar "hangover". I feel sluggish, my brain feels foggy, my skin looks pasty, even my hair doesn't look healthy! I feel horrible! I also get mood swings...The more sugar I ate, the more I wanted-I'm an addict, I swear!

I also gained somewhere between four and six pounds (!) in just a few days. I am so mad at myself. I'm hoping it will come off fast
I'm starting over again today-I exercised, and ate a healthy breakfast. I'm drinking as much water as I can to detox my system, and am going to eat as many unprocessed foods as I can to get this junk out of my body. I am also going to try to exercise again tonight if I can.

Any suggestions or encouragement would be welcome....

Thanks so much,
Sherry
Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 AM   #2  

Sherry, your plan sounds good. I'm sure a lot of your gain is just the water your body is retaining from the high sugar/highly processed food, so it will probably come off pretty fast. I would keep drinking the water & see what happens in a week or so.

Good luck! You can do this!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Oh Sherry.. I am so with you on this. I'm on "damage control" today too.

This winter thing is really beginning to suck!
Old 02-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #4  

Sherry stick in there!!! I know that you can do this. Don't let one bad week get you down.
Kayla is probably right about your weight gain probably being mostly water.
It sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track.

Good luck
Old 02-19-2003, 12:08 PM   #5  

Sherry, like eveyone else, I think you're on the right track. I think ANY carbs give me cravings for more carbs - but especially sugar.

I'm proud of you for stopping the behavior rather than telling yourself you've blown it anyway.

I love that you have a plan!

Angi
Closed Thread