Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/126/126

Height: 5-4

Default Post-Op Blood Tests

I am now four months post-op for RNY. Since I had my surgery outside of the US. I am trying to find. Out what blood tests I should have done. Is there a particular test that WLS patients need to have? I started to attend a WLS support group in my area and there was a lady there that worked in a local bariatric surgeons office who told me to call her for a list of those tests. When I called the receptionist told me that they could not give that information out without seeing me. I told her that I had a primary care physician (he is not an expert in WLS) and didn't need a second one. Since I don't have insurance (cost) I have to pay everything out of pocket. Enough of my rambling, does anyone have any information?
KlassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi KlassyKid! I cannot answer your question, but you might try the WLS area.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-surgery-78/

But most members here don't like to give medical advice. Someone might be able to steer you in the right direction, though. Good luck!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote