South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Why Not Wednesday

Good morning Chicks I have serious summer fever. That's worse than spring fever. It makes me do things like play hookie so I can go on a whale watch on a perfect sunny day. I'm sure I'll make up for it Friday when everyone leaves at noon for the weekend and I'm at my desk finishing things up that I should have done today. Guess that's why we call it balancing our time

Hope your day has a little bit of fun in it and passes quickly for those counting down to the weekend.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

And that portrays exactly how I feel today. I got stung by a bee under my toe last night, and it's been driving me nuts!

Cyndi, a whale watch, what a great excuse to play hooky! I hope you get to see a whale or two. And I'm sure your work will still be waiting for you when you get back. Have a good time!

I need more coffee to get my motor running.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Today is sort of my Friday since tomorrow is Canada Day and our very long weekend starts. We celebrate the 4th around here too.

I am going to be on the road all afternoon picking up schoolwork for the Fair. I don't understand why it's always last minute when the schools have had the assignments since March 1 but that's the way it always is. I'll sort it all out before next Tuesday which is judging day. (Actually, after checking the weather forecast, I'll try to do it tomorrow because 90ºF is predicted for Sunday and Monday. I doubt that I'll want to be upstairs in the Fair Hall those days!

Time for some breakfast and another coffee.

Happy whale watching or whatever you do for excitement on Why Not Wednesday!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Cyndi, that sounds like a great way to spend a summer day! My son and I are planning to meet my husband for lunch and then we'll probably do some people watching at the mall.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cyndi - what a fantastic idea!! I hope we get to see pics!
Cottage - what a horrid spot for a bee sting.
Ruth - you made me double check our weather...we're 88 on Sun/Mon, only 78 on Fri/Sat. I hate the 90's!
FCMonroe - LOVE people watching. Have fun!

Me - what a GORGEOUS day!!! I reluctantly got out of bed this AM, it was by far the hardest morning, but it was my best run this week...probably b/c it's only 50 degrees out there...yahoo!! I actually have a blankie wrapped around me right now .
I have a "short" day at work today (my surgery days are shorter), but I have LOTS to do with friends coming in town.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Cyndi -- Whale watching sounds wonderful! Post pictures, please.

Cottage -- Have you tried Calamine lotion on the bite? I have figured out it's the best thing for 'trigger' (chigger) bites.

Ruth -- Is school still in session in Canada?

Monroe -- I haven't been to a mall in years! Have fun!

Twynn -- Hooray for short days!

Me: I won't bring this happy conversation down, but I am SO defeated about my weight and my lifestyle! How did you get it through your brain that this is the REST OF YOUR LIFE???

Other than the size of my butt, things are pretty good. We've been busy at work. Yay! Auston is having a great summer spending a great deal of time at the local pool. HIS butt is shiny white compared to the rest of his brown body.

I have a training this afternoon at the United Way in downtown Birmingham. I'm leaving early to meet a friend for lunch at a great seafood market where I will choose a healthy lunch -- Why not!?!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Chelby - LOL..."other than the size of my butt". I hear ya!!

It is such a struggle for me as well, especially with children. We've had too many potato chips in house lately! I'm trying to become content with the weight I'm at, vs. the all time low weight I was a couple of years ago. At that point, I ate NOTHING off plan. I only maintained 4 lbs less than I am now. I must admit, I'd rather have desserts occasionally, eat a few potato chips, etc. and be four pounds heavier, then to have nothing off plan. I think it's really difficult in this day and age. I do think what's most important is that 90% of my life is south beach based...and I feel better, and I'm healthier. It's okay not to bee 100% on plan ALL the time!!

Kisses my southern friend!!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back, and I've managed to put the day back into it's proper perspective.

Chelby, I don't have any calamine, but toothpaste helps soothe the itching. The problem is trying to walk on it. It feels like I have a golf ball attached to my foot. Thank goodness I can go barefoot, as I don't think I'll be able to get a pair of sandals on, LOL!

It's a delightfully cool morning and the rest of the day is supposed to be beautiful, too. After working 10 - 12 hour days Monday and yesterday, I'm hoping to get off at a normal hour today. The girls have guitar lessons this afternoon, and I may be able to sneak out as soon as they're done.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - A whale watch sounds fun!

Linda - Ouch

Ruth - I am surprised you celebrate the 4th. Enjoy your extra long weekend.

Frances - People watching sounds fun too - maybe not as exciting as whales, but who knows.

Twynn - That is cool this morning. Perfect for running I expect. My son had such nice weather in PA yesterday that he sat outside and phoned home and his grandmother.

Chelby - Cute image of a little boy butt. I remember those days. My own eating has not been the greatest lately so I can relate. Hang in there.

I will probably ride my bike again today, third in a row so my butt will be screaming the whole way. DS has his physical today (needed for school sports). He saw the midnight showing of Eclipse last night and then slept at a friend's so I suspect he will sleep the day away.

Have a great day all.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We all got some rest here but now it's time to spring into action! The Dr called last night regarding yesterday's xrays and we need to go in again this morning. I'm really happy that we have several days to determine if things have stabilized or if Mom will need to be admitted to the hospital. I hate when something is amiss and its the weekend-and a holiday at that.

I'm going to sign off this AM. I need to take care of me-then walk the dogs-then get Mom ready for our trek into town.

Chelby, what helps me to stay focused is the knowledge of how great I feel when I'm following plan, my happiness at being off blood pressure meds AND acceptance of the fact that I regain when I don't stay focused. It makes it easier to make the NO CHOICE decision-especially when I am faced with the really bad things that come in my path. Since I read the ingredient list on the fresh donuts at the store I haven't indulged at all. I'm really working on lowering my cholesterol right now and that donut is an extreme diversion from all of my current goals. One of the most helpful things for me has been to tweak all of my favorite foods to make them SBD friendly. I know it must be much harder with an extended family, but good for you to keep working on it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all, and happy Wednesday!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. My dog has this bad habit of whining at me until I wake up, and my usual sweet wonderful boyfriend told me he didn't have time to take them out.....like I never run late during the school year and STILL always take them out. Ugh! Had my vent, now I feel better.

Today is going to be another good day. I am going to a kick boxing class at 11:00, I love trying new classes at my gym during the summer because when school is in session it is hard to schedule. Feeling good even though I am not losing weight as quickly as the book suggested. Still have five days left

Have a wonderful Wednesday Chicks!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Sorry I am checking in so late today. It truly was a beautiful morning. My son is enjoying camp so far which makes me feel happy. We are going away for the weekend and I have a pedicure scheduled for today and then I've got to 'epilady' my legs and use a depilatory too. The weather for this weekend is total pool weather, so I don't want to scare anyone!!

Have a great day everybody!
Closed Thread