Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #1  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Default I feel like I'll never be skinny.

Literally the only time in my entire life I was a "normal" size was before I was about 6 or 7. I remember being in high school crying going shopping cause I couldnt fit in any clothes at "normal" stores- In the last three weeks I've lost nearly 8lbs & I DO feel encouraged & motivated & positive that I WILL meet my goals of being at a healthy weight for the first time I can remember in my life.
Its just that all my weights in my stomach area therefore messing up my dress sizes- Im about 6ft tall and 229- and still a 20-22. I feel like what if I get to my goal of 175 and im stilllll an 18 or a 16. That would just be so heartbreaking...
Anyways, just had to whine a little... how can I feel hopeful and hopeless at the same time?? lol
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If you get down to your goal of 175 and you're not happy, keep losing. My original goal was 150 and I knew I wasn't done at 150. I ended up around 130.

Goals aren't set in stone - change it if you don't like it.

I am thinner now than I was in high school, I never was a "thin" person either. I am enjoying it now, though!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 AM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi-

first of all- CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!

I can understand where you are coming from. I used to cry going shopping too. It is a struggle losing weight, no question about it, but there are celebrations on the weight loss journey just like I hope you are feeling about your weight loss- I just hope you don't celebrate with food

I sometimes too look at the big picture and say too, how am I going to lose all this weight, but then when I break it down, pound by pound, mini goal by mini goal, it seems more attainable. You CAN and ARE Doing it!

I hope this helps you feel better, feel free to private message me

Ps, I love your signature. I find Christ so important in my life too.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 06-29-2010 at 02:19 AM.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 AM   #4  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Well, we're all different, but I'm six feet tall, weighed 179 this morning, and I'm wearing 8s and 10s in US sizes, for the most part.

Stick with it, and good luck!
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #5  

Height: 67.7

Hi,

I've recently read a part of the editor of Shape Mag's editor letter and she said that she know that she won't ever be skinny, but at least she will be healthy and in shape. And that's very true. I think it is more important to be healthy and in shape than to strive to look like the skinny models we see on TV and in adverts.

I think you are doing great, just continue with that and be patient. I've realized that it will take a while to get into great shape. But I comfort myself that the longer it takes to lose the weight, the longer it stays off.

Good luck! If you eat healthy and you control your portion sizes and you exercise regularly, you will succeed!
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Why would you let a clothing size rule your life?

Aren't you more than your clothing size?

The important thing is that your clothes fit well and look good on you.

Maybe you'll never be "skinny," but so what? Are you going to use that to make yourself feel bad? So many women are always finding something "imperfect" about their bodies and putting themselves down because of it. It's crazy.

Think about what is really important to you.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I too lowered my goal when I got there. I set it because it was the lowest I remembered being in high school. And wouldn't you know it when I started eating properly and exercise I was more than able to bust through that number and although I'm not skinny, I'm pretty darn small and fit and quite *normal*.

You're early in on your journey. Altough you're doing fabulously, you're not there yet. Your trouble spot, your tummy, well it might take quite some time to see a noticeable difference. Trouble spots are *usually* the last to go, that's why they're trouble spots .

You have everything to be hopeful for. Everything. You control your weight. It's something you decide. You don't have to be fat if you don't want to be. This is within your hands. You've got the key, you've got the power. And that's why there's sooooo much hope. You don't have to rely on luck or anyone else but you.

Again, you're early in on this. You can't lose 100 lbs till you lose one, than two, than three, and so on. Little by little you chip away and you chip away at the numbers and before you know it, those numbers add up.

The only way you can not get to your goals, is if you STOP eating well and exercising before you get there. So there can be no stopping, just continuing on and on. MAKE this your new way of life, make this healthy eating just what you do and who you are. Make this your new normal. Get these healthy eating habits ingrained in you and automatic. Find the joy in this and than you WILL happily do this forever. And then there is no way that you can't get to your goals and beyond.

Hang tight, enjoy the ride, because it's thrilling. It's a wonderful time of self growth, self discovery and it's FUN. Be prepared though to be blown away by the unbelievable benefits. The rewards, once that start surfacing are incredible and you will see this journey is SO worth it.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinef View Post
Well, we're all different, but I'm six feet tall, weighed 179 this morning, and I'm wearing 8s and 10s in US sizes, for the most part.

Stick with it, and good luck!

Being 5'9 I'm a small size 12 weighing 175. I've had 2 kids, I can't imagine anyone being 6 feet and wearing size 16 or 18 at that weight, even if it's all in the stomach
Leonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

About the same height and hovering around 180 lbs makes me about a size 10 top and 12 bottom. You would be swimming in size 18s at 175 lbs.

Don't worry, looking at the big picture can be overwhelming. Take small steps and celebrate your achievments! You can do it
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #10  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Thank you all soooooo much for your encouragement- youre awesome!!! I will do this- pound by pound day by day like you all said.
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

You can do this .!!!!!!

BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #12  

You know, I find reading these posts so encouraging -- not only because of the kindness and positive comments from everyone, but just by knowing that I'm not alone in my own fears about moving along this path. This is the beginning of my third week, and I have seen no noticeable difference... yet.

But we both will!

Congratulations on the progress you've made so far! Keep doing what you're doing!
Lilstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

I really understand how you feel. I realize how big I was when I first started out losing weight, but I'm still pretty big. I'm in between normal sized clothes and plus sized clothes and just can't seem to lose the weight from my stomach even though I keep losing weight and it's horrible feeling. Every time I go to try on clothes I end up crying because I dislike my body so much and just don't see the results that I want to.

I just keep reminding myself that as long as I continue to work hard I WILL see the results I want to see. I remind myself not to put such a significance on a number, I will have reached my goal when I look the way I want to - not when I'm a certain size or a certain weight because both of which are numbers with no real significance.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

A couple years back I got down to about 145. I went camping that summer and saw pictures of myself and I thought I still didn't "look" thin. I felt good but I wasn't happy with the way I photographed. I was fitting into Size 6 clothes at the time, it's so ridiculous. The funny thing is I looked back at other pictures that were taken at that time at my parents house during the same time period and I think I looked sooo good. The mind is such a fickle thing. It's all in the brain isn't it :-).
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

I can so totally relate. At first when I started losing weight, it was just disbelief. Now that I know I can keep losing weight, I'm all anxious and excited and worried and... everything. This is definitely a mental and emotional journey, as well as physical.

One pound at a time, one pound at a time.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote