Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default ~ The Whine Thread ~

I hate that I can gain major weight in a few days and that it takes forever to lose that same amount of weight.

I messed up. 2 days I messed up and the scale now reads what it said 2 weeks ago. So depressed. It takes such hard work to get it down .1 by .1 and one mess up and bam your up 6 pounds. I promised I would never go over 225 again. Well that didn't last long

Goal this week is just to get back to where I was 2-3 days ago and that's not likely in 3 days. Took me those entire 2 weeks to inch off 225 too. Ugh. I want to give up too. REALLY bad. SO disapointed in myself.

Just checked my calender. You know what? I really felt like I was cruising this month. I mean I was working hard core. I was so excited. I just added it all up and I lost 7 pounds. Just 7 stinking pounds. So I gained like half of it back. (no better than me/nothing flames back plz) Going to my room to cry.

Last edited by wannabesomebody; 06-28-2010 at 10:36 PM.
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesomebody View Post
I hate that I can gain major weight in a few days and that it takes forever to lose that same amount of weight.

I messed up. 2 days I messed up and the scale now reads what it said 2 weeks ago. So depressed. It takes such hard work to get it down .1 by .1 and one mess up and bam your up 6 pounds. I promised I would never go over 225 again. Well that didn't last long

Goal this week is just to get back to where I was 2-3 days ago and that's not likely in 3 days. Took me those entire 2 weeks to inch off 225 too. Ugh. I want to give up too. REALLY bad. SO disapointed in myself.
Could it be water weight? It is hard for 2 days to mess up a whole week's of work. Were you eating significantly more than usual?

I know I tend to pacnic because my weight fluctuates so much day to day. Only a little bit of bloating or water weight makes me shoot up 3lbs.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh, that sucks. My last weekend bender, (several months ago) I totally blew it for 3 days. I was up 14 pounds from Friday to Monday...seriously. Friday morning I was at 139 and by Monday morning the scale read 153. I about died, I totally freaked out. It took 10 days of 1200 calories/day to get back to 139. Never will I do that again! scared the living daylights out of me... What if I would have done that for a week? I would have gained 30 pounds in one week.

Hope yours comes off quicker than mine did.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-28-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #4  

ok here's my food confession. I started putting in detail what I ate and then thought delete delete. But yeah, it was baaaad. I think it's the heat. I felt "sick" friday night and ate a frozen manicotti that I had been saving up for a day when I had a lot of calories to blow. Felt better and the next day I went to a garage sale to help and felt really sick. It's not my diet as I've been on it a few months. I felt super sick. Dizzy, hot, icky. I didn't have my home (agoraphobic) or my kitchen and was out of sorts. They did a burger run and were actually super concerned about my diet. I told them if I lost 20 pounds I would have another baby. (I think they're stoked) I want to be as healthy as *I* can be. Anyway was so sick and I was like no I don't want a 1000 calorie bulk salad and then.. ugh.. so I said ok ok get me a small fry... maybe a medium. So he got two larges. And I devoured mine and some of his. After resting inside I felt better. We got home and he went to the store and broke down and made fried oysters. I ate them. (love em) We each had a jar and a half.

I felt horrible but then it got worse.. he made a date night. He made me my own nachos and tried to put less on it (which was still a LOT) and put on a movie while the baby was watching cartoons in her room. I binged on it. My stomach was stretched so painfully. Then I tried to wedge in more. Ugh what's wrong with me.

Next day same issue. He was in charge of a burger run. He offered me chicken and rice since he had to buy milk for the baby (elsewise he wouldn't have gone into a store just burger king as you have to get chicken inside). I love roasted chicken and rice. But my body keeps all the carbs I can give it. I had even brought my fruits for a snack this time and had some bites of watermelon on my bloated pained tummy from saturday. But I had a big bowl of rice and chicken with the skin. SO that wasn't so bad.. but then I went home and had more. I can feel my stomach stretching to the point of inability to do so. Then dh got me ice cream sundae with fudge from baskin robins.

Today I'm hugging my watermelon feeling like why bother and dh offered me ice cream... and more dinner foods... He even said while I'm posting this would you hate me if I got you ice cream? I said yes. He really wants to feed me to make me happy.

He's feeling guilty about going fishing AGAIN tomorrow also and not telling me so he tries to force food into me. We had another screaming match about oil. I'm so tired of yelling about stupid oil! I was feeding baby and asked if he could fry me up an onion to add to my lunch and he poured a half cup into the pan to fry it. So I threw it out and started again. I feel like such a btch but I'm falling off this dmned wagon.

The only reason I'm losing weight anyway is all this fresh food has me running to the bathroom 10 times a day (and cramping ugh). I hate my issues and my body so much!

Last edited by wannabesomebody; 06-28-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

It sounds like you just need to sit him down and tell him how important this is to you. Also, just say no thank you. Stick to your plan and don't give in. You can do this!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #6  

Yes, Lori! That's exactly how my body works. It's just like OK! 20 pounds a week would be VERY easy for me to do and then some I'm sure. I can't do it.. I just can't do it anymore! I really want a life and to be healthy enough to carry a baby to term!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Fried oysters come in jars??

Start planning your meals, in advance. No "burger runs." Know what you're going to eat, do the shopping ahead of time and eat your healthy meals with no "oh go get me some chicken" at the last minute.

You control what you eat. Only you.

I would FAIL if I didn't plan meals. I left work tonight at 8, I was absolutely starved and didn't want to cook. I actually knew last night that today was going to suck, so I made a huge pot of healthy soup. Dinner - took 5 minutes to heat. Win.

Last edited by Glory87; 06-28-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #8  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Great comments from Glory about planning your meals. I was never much of a planner but I have found out that that knowing what you are going to eat and when is crucial to success.
I also agree that your husband needs to be told that you are serious about losing weight and that he needs to support you. Have a heart to heart with him. I had to do it with mine.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #9  

You're right. It's easy to wing it at home because I'm not really. I'm pretty set on my meals. I have my cold fruits and veggies and my skillet ready for my hot meals and it's not very to go. If I'm going to help out again this weekend I am going to have to plan it and heck they have a stove... I can cook though that might be weird in front of a bunch of people... but oh well.

No, fried foods don't come in a jar :P He bought 3 jars of osyters, rolls them up in seasoned corn starch and deep fries them and they are to die for And now he's going fishing which means crab puffs. But I refuse! I will eat a small (ie normal) portion of PLAIN fish. Last time even the bass was deep fried. Though his thing is it's not deep fried unless it's 6 inches of oil. bah.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannbesomebody
I told them if I lost 20 pounds I would have another baby.
This really stood out for me in your tale.

Maybe your weight sabotage has to do with secretly not wanting to have another baby. You don't have to answer this--just think about it.

I would also get checked out by a doc. Those sick, dizzy spells could be the heat but they could also be something else, and it would be good to know.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I was hoping the title was a typo and we were going to talk about Cabernet's'. Oh well.

So umm, yeah, to echo what the wise Glory said - eating healthy doesn't happen on it's own. It takes lots of prep work, thought and PLANNING. I would be no where without planning. You can't wing this. It's too important. "Failing to plan IS planning to fail". Plan. Plan and then plan some more.

As far as weight coming on quicker than it goes off - oh yes. Big understatement. But it's good to know this and now you know just how big the consequences are each and every time you make a poor choice. You must decide just how worth it is to eat foods that aren't good for you. It's a choice. It always is. But for me, it's a heckuva lot easier saying no to the wrong foods knowing that I've got lots and lots of the right foods on hand. If the right stuff is around, all planned for, and yummy, well then there's no reason to go OFF plan.

Plan. Plan and than plan some more. Set yourself up for success. This won't happen on it's own, it won't happen by accident. You have to MAKE it happen.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-29-2010 at 08:30 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #12  

I ate well yesterday and gained yet another pound.. wth?!?!

Yes, I am scared but I almost died with my last baby. So I really want as little against me as possible. I really do want more kids and I'm kinda running out of time. I also want to do it before we move because they have a NICU center here and not in the tiny town we will most likely move to. And my RE is only an hour drive and from there it would be over 2 hours one way and I hate driving. I hate that I have to push to do it so quickly but I really do need to get in the game and get through my reproductive years before it's too late. It took 9 years to have my one baby so I can't really take it too lightly. :/

Last edited by wannabesomebody; 06-29-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Define "ate well".

It could also be from the food *off* food you ate in the previous days. It doesn't come on automatically some times and it sure as heck won't come off after one day of eating well.

Or it could be a normal, run of the mill fluctuation.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #14  
Workin' It

I typically don't see all of the water retention from a big food blowout for a couple of days - I always weigh a pound or two more two days after the last bad food than the day immediately after. Every time. And, it typically takes me 7-10 days to flush back out all of it if I have NO BAD FOOD AT ALL during those days. I can't have a soda, a french fry, nothing or it shoots back up a pound or two and has to climb back down.

So, keep it clean for a little while and you will start to see a difference. But like Robin said, it won't come off after just one day of eating well.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

You need to quit eating fried things. Period. This is a lifestyle thing. You must be in the South, in the real South, the small town South, a place where "cooked" still means "fried" unless otherwise noted. I suspect you don't even see this because it's just what you do--skillet or raw.

This is a clearly a huge trigger for you. The problem with frying is not just that it adds calories--though it does--but that it's really hard to measure. Slight differences in the temperature of the oil don't affect the flavor of the food but really change how much oil is absorbed and how many calories there are. That, more than the amount of oil in the pan, determines the final calorie count.

So my advice would be to put up your skillet and get out your baking pan. Bake your veggies and your meats. If you eat out, don't eat anything fried, especially not deep-fat fried. Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to get used to this--a month or more. It will be a big lifestyle change. But I think it's worth trying.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote