South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin!

Happy Weekend!

The day is dawning bright and sunny and delightfully cool right now, but we're in for another scorcher later on.

Right after I enjoy my 2nd cup of coffee we're going out for some errands and groceries. The rest of the day will be spent here at home, as the grandkids will all be here to stay cool in the pool.

I took Audrey & Maggie to see Toy Story 3 in 3D yesterday, and it was such a good movie! I highly recommend it, although it tugs at your heartstrings. Take along a box of tissues if you're planning to see it.

Who's up and at em' on this Saturday morning?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Up and at it here. My young neighbour went fishing last night - bass season opened - and was over here very early to tell me I was getting a fish for dinner. Now to try to remember how to cook a fresh, not frozen, fish.

We have light rain at the moment so I'll be indoors. I have a baby quilt to bind - the baby's not due until August but the shower is tomorrow. Terri let that slip out when she was in here yesterday and asked how the quilt was coming along. A rainy day is always good for hand sewing and the dogs love having me in one place. "It's hard to get in a good nap when the centre of your universe keeps doing something in another room."

Have a homey Saturday.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm already at the office and it's not even my event. Don't ask CRAZY day today but then 2 days off. I am so looking forward to mellow. I'll see you all in the morning for a real check-in. Hope your Saturday includes some fun and some me time!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm "thinking" up and at em! I guess that counts! Tired after a long week, and I have lots to do today. Most important seems to be getting reorganized; garden, home and foodwise. We're walking the pups at 730, then off to the farmers market and then I think I can spend the day at home. We need a new soaker hose put in the garden and I got a new kitchen faucet at Costco last week. With any luck we can get lots accomplished today. Rudi also needs a bath since we have a Heeling Partners Expo tomorrow-and Mom is coming over for a few days.

Linda, sounds like a fun poolside day! Can you believe I haven't been to the pool all week.

Ruth, I hope your neighbor caught his fish! Rain sounds good for both your garden and your indoor projects!

Cyndi, 730 is too early to be at the office. I hope your day passes quickly!

Twynn, I'm wondering if you ever got an answer for your squash problem? I always hand pollenate mine because they do rot at the end if they're not pollenated. Have you ever done that? I also notice that my first few fruits never mature right even when I have done that.

Ok, off to chores!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-26-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

It wasn't as hot as I expected it to be yesterday, I'm hoping for the same today. The Dear, dear children have been a little out of control, probably from the hectic schedule this past week. Time to mellow out and let them rest a bit. I have a high school friend and his family coming out next weekend for the fourth (this dinky town has the third (fourth?) best fireworks display in the nation!!), so I have LOTS of cleaning to do. Very excited about visitors though!

Cottage - our summer school director said they're thinking of bringing the group (of 12) to see Toy Story. I'm hearing such good things about it!
Ruth - the baby quilt sounds beautiful. I'd love to see pics!
Cyndi - jealous of your pictures last night. Wait, how are you in office this am, but in front of the fire last night??!

Have a great beachy weekend!

SImulpost - Debbie - thanks for the tip! I dunno...I've never had the problem before. My friend said too to add some eggshells to the dirt. She did mention they like to dry out (and that plant is near a downspout, although I haven't seen water from it, but definately a possibility). The zucchini next to it look great!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-26-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. Busy day here in a bit after some coffee!
I'm leaving tomorrow morning and have to spend the day running around to various stores and packing.

Question? I've been reading a lot a MSM over the past couple of days and got some MSM capsules the other day. Does anyone else take it and have you seen/felt good results?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

good morning

sounds like everyone has gotten the weekend started. The household chores have been started and there is a school bbq at a friends house tonight. Should be fun about 8 families kids and all hanging out.

Well have a great day, be safe and hydrate!
Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #8  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to have a peaceful weekend. We have dinner out planned, but other than that no definite plans for the weekend.

Someone mentioned going to a farmer's market, that sounds like a great idea!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #9  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey girls!
I too watched Toy Story 3, and SATC 2 last night. Streamin' video online, giddy-up! The price is right.. LOL

It was so hot yesterday but I still managed a long walk with ds. I feel so clean today and yesterday , it's funny, the less carbs I eat the cleaner and less bloated I feel. Fantastic. I should maybe dig out the scale in a few days, my arms feel and look leaner.

Today we are running some errands like Price Club, groceries, and maybe a case of bottled water. I don'rt normally buy it but in the summer I get hot so fast I like always bringing a drink with me when I leave the house.

Also got the ingredients for a SBD quiche, and the breakfast cheesecake. I think I"ll make at least one of those recipes today.

Maybe take the kids outside for awhile again, and get some sun. I feel leaner and more confident with a little color, instead of bright white! And one of the meds I'm on causes me to darken faster so it's cool for this girl who's rarely outside b ut I also have to be careful if I'm out a long time or in direct bright sun. Don't wanna have 2nd degree burns

Hope you gals have a wonderful, OP day!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning. Not alot going on here. Got the kids back from grandma's last night, and I am for some dumb reason just exhausted. It seems I have too much energy to get to sleep at a decent hour, then I end up sleeping in. Glad it is summer otherwise I would suck in the classroom! LOL And to have three and four year olds tell you that you suck would NOT be nice!

Decided I am beginning exercise next week, and I am committing to Monday ~ Friday. (On top of what we do in the pool.) That is what I haven't been doing and it's time. Also, bye bye coffee (except for Saturdays and Sundays). I feel it ...on the inside that I need to do that, that I want to.

Otherwise today is a purposely slow day, and then church & family time tomorrow. No big temptations, which is nice.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post to say hello to you all. I haven't been reading up with you in ages. Nice to see all your familiar faces and some new ones

I started P1 this past Monday and am happy to be on track again.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

C.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Happy weekend everyone! I hope your dieting is going awesome! Mine is going ok I guess. I actually am much happier and perefer the tastes of whole grains these days. I sometimes miss the sugar, and pasta, but for the most part I'm good. I don't have the confidence that I'm losing weight and keeping it off now that I'm not on phase one anymore. But I do have the confidence I won't just keep gaining with no end in sight. So I guess in the end, it evens out and is all good!!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #13  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

so I picked up some arm free weights tonight, and a pedometer. I've been meaning to get a pedometer that wasn't a huge POS so I finally did. Will be interesting to see how many steps I put in, in T dot. I usually walk until my legs feel like they're going to fall off on vacation.
I did a ton of errands so my feet hurt without any IE but I didn't get a chance to make those recipes. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited by Natalia; 06-26-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's not raining for a change although we get more tonight! Grr! I did get the quilt finished yesterday - remind me not to hand finish bindings from now on. It took me all afternoon! Anyhow, the quilt is done and will be picked up this morning after Church.

After Church I plan to attempt some gardening - rain or not, it must be done. Even just sorting out the crud on my potting table would be a major improvement. I'll pick the rest of the peas and some chard before it truly gets away from me. Chard is a very enthusiastic plant - it the leafy version of zucchini, I think. I've been snacking on wee golden cherry tomatoes from my hanging basket plant - yummy!

Tonight is the celebrity soccer game at 6 PM. I am going to just cheer on my team because I sure don't trust this knee to be running around. I think I'll take Jazz along as the celebrity mascot - he's had his picture in the local paper so he can do it! His birthday is the 30th so this can be his treat.

Hope your Sunday is sunny, has fun times and is relaxing.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I just poured my 2nd cup of coffee to join you. I had my first out on the patio with Jake, watching the sunrise.

Ruth, you described chard perfectly! I never imagined how huge the leaves would get. I enthusiastically planted way more than I can keep up with and it's competing with the zucchini to see who wins, lol! Hooray for getting that baby quilt finished on time, and I hope you put a big dent in your gardening chores today, rain or shine.

We had a houseful yesterday, and it was fun watching Tyler trying to swim and keep up with the older grandkids. He gets frustrated when he starts sinking, but comes up laughing a sputtering every time he goes under. I think he'll be swimming on his own before the summer is over with his determination, lol!
I think a quiet day is planned for today, but who knows who will show up.
Closed Thread