Old 06-21-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Independence from Fat Challenge~WEEK 4

Good Morning everyone. Wow, I didn't even hear my alarm this morning, thank goodness for DH.

Work was good yesterday, today will be ok. WEED was also good.

Well no more workouts after work for me. Since school is over, Makenna will be at daycare and that means she will need some downtime before swim team practice. This was going to be my last week of afterwork workouts, but swim team doesn't move to mornings until next week. Then, Mak swims at 935 m-f annd Tommy swims at 530 m-th. busy me.

W 64 oz
E probably wont get a workout afterwork,
E below 1600
D enjoy my day
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone. Don't weigh in until tomorrow, probably on the higher side but we'll see. Back to work, ugh! Hope everyone had a great weekend - trying to make this week a good one

Jeni - just looking at your schedule makes me dizzy, I'm almost dreading when my kids are into sports - don't know where I'll find the time!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #3  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

My goal for this challenge was to hit 40 lbs lost (216.5). It's pretty obvious that's not gonna happen. I knew it was a lofty goal - but it's my own fault that I haven't gotten closer to it (lack of consistent exercise).

Week 1: 228.4
Week 2: 228.6
Week 3: Not weighing this week ~
Week 4: 227.5 (was 226.5 on Saturday)

W: At least 64 ounces of water
E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week ~ STILL NOT DOING THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS
E: Average calories within 1600-1700 ~ do a better job of planning and getting in some variety
D: Make sure I have everything ready for the wedding cake I have to make for Saturday ~ a 6-tier cake. I'm a little nervous cause it's my biggest wedding cake ever and I don't get to start baking until Friday afternoon. Plus my new grandbaby is scheduled to be delivered by c-section on Saturday (wish I could be there).
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #4  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Hey! Im new here & looking for a challenge to join & be held accountable- just wondering if I can join here! & can someone explain exactly what you guys are doing? lol
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Daughterofthekind~ to the group

Kris~6 tiers wow!!!

Emily~Mak wants guitar lessons now too. AAAAA
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Got a free trail week at a gym. I was nervous going in there. Some KID planned a workout for me. Warm up with a light jog-10min. DONE!!! Then 8 machines. DONE!!! Then finish with intervals on the treadmill for 20 min. I got up to 6.5 miles/hr. Not sure if that's good or not. DONE!!! wondering if I will have sore places tomorrow.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Jeni ~ I have never made a cake bigger than 3 tiers, so I'm a little nervous. I am hoping I can get off early on Friday so I can start baking (if I can't get off work by noon I'm gonna be in trouble). I may regret waiting until Friday to bake, but I don't have enough freezer space so can't freeze the cakes (and I don't really agree with freezing them) and want them to be fresh. Unfortunately the house I live in the oven is the original 1964 oven and does not bake eveningly so I will be doing all the baking at the bride's mom & dad's house (family friends - the cake is my gift). Twelve cakes - 6 two layer cakes. I will be so sick of cakes and icing. The wedding is at 4:00 pm on Saturday so I plan on starting to set up the cakes around 2:00 - I want to have it all set up at the reception by 3:30 in case people show up early - I think the wedding and reception are in the same room - the Grand Hall at Union Station (train station downtown Kansas City). I am excited to do such a big (and hopefully amazing) cake, but I am nervous about it.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

jcatron243~ What's your new plan of attack to get your workouts in?

emiloots~ What's making you think you'll be on the higher side? Maybe you'll get a happy surprise!

MamaP~ Were you able to get everything prepped to make the ginormous wedding cake?

mtiger
~ That's an awesome workout! Great job!

DaughteroftheKing~ WELCOME!!!

I didn't get to the gym to do formal strength training, but I did get a 2 mile walk in with my friend plus I moved probably about 300-400 pounds worth of stuff into a different room today. Hoping to feel a little sore tomorrow so I know where to start.

6/22/10

W~ 90 oz H2O
E~ Gym!!! Strength Training and Cardio
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Move more stuff out of my room, make at least one trip to my storage space

Last edited by KimL1214; 06-21-2010 at 10:52 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #9  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post

MamaP~ Were you able to get everything prepped to make the ginormous wedding cake?
I got part of my cake board centers cut and the ones I didn't get cut I got marked to cut. I also got my waxed paper circles cut and marked to cut the centers out. The cake I'm making has a center column construction so I have to cut the center out of each cake layer, each cake board and waxed paper circle. I have to place a waxed paper circle on top of each tier because I'll be placing fresh flowers on top of each tier. I really hope I get the holes in the exact centers or my cakes won't be centered on the stand. I also figured out I am short one size of cake board that I need - so I will have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow night. I'm glad I figured that out today instead of Friday.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Daughter, WELCOME!! Here's the explanantion!!

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

W 100
Walking from and to the garage where my car has to go today!
E On plan
D Suck it up and keep going.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~6.5 is good. Interval training is great! I'm so glad you are tryig out the gym!

Kris~I cant wait to see pics of that cake!!!!! I don't have an atrtistic bone in my body and I envy all of you guys that do.

Kim~I hope you get your stuff moved. Are you sore yet?? I love that feeling.

MM~Thanks for doing the expanaintion of WEED for daughteroftheking. I hope your cars ok.

My workout schedule is going to change, but I will be getting them in. Kim, I don't workout everday afterwork right now anyway. I work 12 hour shifts 4am-4pm. I also walk an average of 8 miles a day while at work. I do do 15 minutes of core training every morning before work. As far as my off days~I am going to be doing morning workouts again starting on Friday. I will run 2miles at 5~take my cardio sculpt class at 530-630. Then I will come home and refuel. Then I think I am going to get in an elliptical workout and strength training from 830-920. Thiss will be my mwf schedule. Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun of my off days I will run 5k and strength train. I'm really just going back to the workout schedule I had Jan~March. I do want to start swimming so I may swim for 40 minutes in the mornings on Tues/Thurs/Sat

W~ 64 oz
E~Today is the last day of my 50 cardio/10 strength/15 core workout.
E~Less than 1500
D~housework.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Strike the workout plans for now. Makenna has a headache still (gone on 2 days now). So its to the doctor to check for a sinus infection. poor baby. I cant help but wonder if its still something from the hives she had friday.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #13  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Here's the cake I did for my daughter's wedding. I need to find pictures of the other wedding cakes I've done - I haven't done very many because I usually only do them for friends and family. They stress me out and I am definitely an amateur.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n731755021_2877321_2007.jpg (21.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg cake.jpg (11.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by MamaP; 06-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Kris~That is amazing. You are very talented!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey chicks.

Super quick post. My weekend got shanghaied (sp?) and Monday was full of negotiations at work. Today is more of the same, but I am here, I am planning to be POP with eating today and hitting the gym tonight.

Catch up with gym visits, cake baking and stuff later!!!! Be good!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote