Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/168/150

Height: 5'8

Default Newbie in the mist!

aloha All!

SOOOOO loving this community! So many great inspirational people to gain strength and support from! It's wonderful.

I have been on IP for 1 week, and have lost 4lbs as of this am. I also had 1' of my hips...bye,bye!!

I was alittle bummed that my consultant didn't guide me with the right selection of foods. too many restricted. But, we worked it out. I think next week will be a bigger loss for me when I do it the traditional 1st week method.

My magic bullet blender has really been a lifesaver when I get that really hungry feeling. I just pop brocolli or cauliflower in the blender with water and spices and it makes a great soup. I also buy the brocolli salw which goes well with the bolognese. I cook together and it gives the mouth feel of al dente pasta....(sorta

I had a baby 7 months ago and after floundering on my own, I am feeling so happy to be on track. My biggest hurdle will be "cocktails" on weekeds.But, I am on my way!Just wanted to say Aloha!Happy to be on board!
MissZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissZelda View Post
aloha All! SOOOOO loving this community! So many great inspirational people to gain strength and support from! It's wonderful. I have been on IP for 1 week, and have lost 4lbs as of this am. I also had 1' of my hips...bye,bye!!

I was alittle bummed that my consultant didn't guide me with the right selection of foods. too many restricted. But, we worked it out. I think next week will be a bigger loss for me when I do it the traditional 1st week method.

My magic bullet blender has really been a lifesaver when I get that really hungry feeling. I just pop brocolli or cauliflower in the blender with water and spices and it makes a great soup. I also buy the brocolli salw which goes well with the bolognese. I cook together and it gives the mouth feel of al dente pasta....(sorta

I had a baby 7 months ago and after floundering on my own, I am feeling so happy to be on track. My biggest hurdle will be "cocktails" on weekeds.But, I am on my way!Just wanted to say Aloha!Happy to be on board!
WELCOME Miss Zelda! Great start! Check out the recipes stickies on this forum for some great meal ideas...they're a lifesaver (or should I say dietsaver!) Wishing you continued success.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Welcome Zelda!!

Sounds like you are having a good start! This is such a great resource. I'd watch the broccoli slaw if it is pre-packaged as a lot of them have carrots which are a no-no and green cabbage that is an occasional I think (red and bok choy are okay). I always get lots of ideas and support here.

Congrats on your new baby, and hope you have a good time here!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

:Welcome: Zelda!

Congratulations on your success and the new baby! Look around, check out recipes and tips! This is a great resource and the people here are FANTASTIC!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

WELCOME!!....Your broccoli and cauliflower soup sounds good! I have a magic bullet too, but it sits in my cupboard. How do you make your soup???
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #6  

aloha all and thanks so much for making me feel so welcome! I am so glad I joined!!I will get a recent pic to post. It is so nice to see all of your beautiful faces.
Xanthia! OMG! You are right! There maybe a couple carrot strips in those bags of brocolli slaw! YIKES! I am definetly getting a great education here. I flaked on the whole caramalizing of the onions thing too. I did have a couple tomatoes the 1 st week too.... oops....on ward & upward!!Thanks.
Calgarygirlie,
Oh girl, you need to bust out that blender! I love it! I do Shakes in it daily, and the soup is sooo easy. You can even use frozen brocolli & cauliflower. Just heat on stove top with spices you like & water, and blend after it is soft enough. I am a spicy girl so I put lots of cayenne pepper.I make a batch a just heat up a mug full when I 'need' it.I am also doing herbal iced tea like crazy! (Decaf)Is anyone finding fruit teas throw anything off.?
Finding I do get ravenous between breakfast & lunch.It may have to do with too much coffee..???
I am a long time food combiner. (fit for life & somersize) But big difference with IP.
I am hoping to use some of the tricks I have learned. There is one I love which is a mock fettucini. But not sure how to work it with the program yet. You scramble eggs and make crepes. vey thin.Then roll up and cut into strips. then fluff them up like pasta! It rocks! I wondered if you could put the mushroom soup as a creamy sauce or maybe pureed cauliflower with garlic and herbs???Or a primavera type situation..Anyway,sorry to ramble on!looking forward to chatting with you all more!aloha
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #7  

Lol....MissZelda...I am loving your enthusiasm! So I have always been great a baking (not helpful on IP) but a horrible cook. So, I want to make sure I get this right, lol.
I put cut up broccoli put it in a pot and add water(how much??), then add the spices I like ( I have no clue, recommend away!) then once the broccoli is soft, I throw it in the bullet? Same for cauliflower?
Let me know...this needs to be my veggies for tmrw, because it sounds great!

So glad you have joined!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #8  

Hey Calgirlie! Well, since I am part italian, I am a kinda throw it together kinda chick.heehee. But, yes, cut up brocolli. Small pieces cook fast, and honey, I was hungry, and needed it fast! I would guess it was about 2 cups brocolli. You can use both cauliflower & brocolli to make creamier( just a few pieces of cauliflower. But just enough water to cover to about half the pot.You can adjust it after it is pureed if too thick. I add sea salt, fresh pepper, cayanne and parsley and puree in blender til smooth.I even added cut up chicken another day to make chicken & brocolli soup.Great to have in a pinch for snack or quick dinner.
Just cauliflower is great to do with all the thanksgiving spices you would use for stuffing. Sage etc.. Ya know those boxes of powdery spices that we all have hanging around after the holiday. Use a bit of that, and it is like fall in a bowl! Same process as brocolli but just use cauliflower and add those sagey spices. Let me know how you make out! Aloha
Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #9  

Oh man, where have you been for the last 2mths of my life, haha. Now THOSE are the kinda directions this chick needs . Thanks!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
then add the spices I like
Have you ever tried pureed cauliflower with nutmeg? About 1/4 teaspoon for 1/2 medium sized head of cauliflower. Cardamon is good, too. Each has a warm, really homey, satisfying taste and they go well with both meat and fish. Cheers.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Is the magic bullet better than a regular blender? I've been considering one, but hate the thought of another appliance, especially when I've got a good blender already. Thanks!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #12  

Hi Stacey,

Magic bullet is a very cool product. I have had one for years. IP is perfect with it too. Shake soups puddings~all come out delicious and creamy!!And it crushes ice like a perfect slushie.
They are making ones like the ninja too which seem very similar. You can blend pitchers full or single serving sizes. It is just nice and small and the blending container is the glass you can drink yyour creation from, which is easy when you are on the go! Basically it is a nice high speed smaller single serving blender(or you can attach large blender when you need), that for me just makes it more user friendly...They sell everywhere. Target has them. I remember I ordered my on the infomercial and got buy 1 get 1!I am not sure of price at moment, and I will need to get another after 5 yrs! It has served me well!

Linden,

YUP! I will try! Sounds right up my alley. Thanks. Cauliflower is magic. Has anyone done the rice pudding with cauliflower?Aloha
Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

MissZelda!!!! What great ideas you have!!! I am going to try the broccolli/cauliflower blender thing with my soup for lunch!!

AND what is the rice pudding with cauliflower???? Please!!! instructions I LOVE rice pudding!!!!

WELCOME to IP and the 3 Fat Chicks..this a a great place for support, info and encouragement!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #14  

Hey! thanks Journeysend!
I will get exact instructions from my IP Consultant. She got the idea from one of her clients who tried it. Basically, you need to put cauliflower in food processor and pulse til grainy like rice. ( You can also make risotto with it!) But , I will stay on track... Use vanilla pudding mix and cinammon even alittle extra sweetner. I use truvia. I think you need to heat it all up til small grains get tender than remove from heat, and chill baby! I need to try it ASAP! Good luck!Aloha
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #15  

Quote:
Hey! thanks Journeysend!
I will get exact instructions from my IP Consultant. She got the idea from one of her clients who tried it. Basically, you need to put cauliflower in food processor and pulse til grainy like rice. ( You can also make risotto with it!) But , I will stay on track... Use vanilla pudding mix and cinammon even alittle extra sweetner. I use truvia. I think you need to heat it all up til small grains get tender than remove from heat, and chill baby! I need to try it ASAP! Good luck!Aloha
OMG! Rice pudding is one of my absolute favourite foods in the world, so I have to try this too!! Please share the recipe as soon as you get it! Thanks MissZelda!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote