Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight loss confessions

So I saw this thread in the 20-something group and it seemed like a REALLY good idea. Several people's confessions were things like that they were worried that they won't know how to MAINTAIN their weight, only how to lose or gain it...or that they hate their new body after the weight loss...or how they weigh themselves (naked, after a big poop, etc.). Soooooooooooo...no judgments passed...what are YOUR weight loss confessions???

Mine are:
  • Aside from wanting to be healthy, another thing I want from my weight loss is to be able to look the guys who wouldn't give me a second glance before in the eyes and tell them "you didn't like me when I'm fat...now I don't like YOU!" LOL
  • I'm afraid that I don't know HOW to be skinny. I've been overweight since elementary school (started in 4th grade).
  • I absolutely LOVE that people are looking at me, seeing my weight loss, and deciding to try Southbeach simply b/c of my progress. It's a HUGE ego boost, even if it is a little shallow.
  • Another BIG reason that I want to lose weight is b/c I want to find the love of my life. In my mind I know that if it's my soul mate they should love me as is...but in my heart I always think about how much easier it will be to find a soul mate when I'm thinner.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Great Thread Idea. Some of mine are as follows:

~ I have first remember feeling fat in the 7th grade and using food to mask emotions.

~ In high school I would do 500 situps a night and run.....all while only eating a few crackers, celery and diet soda.

~ I would love to be able to get back into a bathing suit.....not a bikini but just a simple one piece

~I have started to develop some health issues that would be resolved if I would lose weight

~If I hear one more person say "you were so beautiful"....what's the were crap......just because I'm fat means I'm not beautiful.....is beauty only about physical appearance
Old 06-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbabies View Post
~If I hear one more person say "you were so beautiful"....what's the were crap......just because I'm fat means I'm not beautiful.....is beauty only about physical appearance
Amen, sister!!! And don't you love the "you have such a pretty face...if you'd only lose some weight." Gotta love those double-sided "compliments." LOL
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

- I confess, I had FOUR beers last night instead of the planned THREE. They were yummy.

- I confess, that I am afraid of what my tummy will look like when I am done losing weight (think deflated balloon).

- I confess, that one of the biggest motivators right now is that I don't want to look fat in my sister's wedding pictures in October.

- I confess that I bought a lot of fruit and I can't eat it fast enough and it bothers me that some of it will probably go bad.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

-- I have to work really hard to keep from comparing myself to others.

-- I never think that I did "good enough".

-- I still think that when I get to goal I will be able to eat like a "normal person".

-- I dwell constantly on this being the 2nd time I've whittled away at this 88lbs.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/239/~110 - 120

Height: 5'0"

-- I constantly feel like I am just passing time until I fail, again.

-- I worry that the closer I get to goal, the easier it will be to go back to old ways. (since the weight will be harder to lose.)
Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

-I am disgusted by the state of my stomach and will be going to get a consult for a tummy tuck
-Unfortunately I still after over a year find it really simple to fall back into old habits (read:fast food)
-I don't want to be the chunky bridesmaid in my sister's wedding next spring
-I still weight at least 3 or 4 times a day
Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I posted a confession on the 20-somethings thread, but here's more.

I don't want my sister to lose more weight than me. We both own treadmills!
(Shhhh!)I'm still a smoker
I secretly wish I had a little anorexia. They have soooo much control.

If I think of anything more, I'll post it.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #9  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I sabotage myself by giving into my husbands request for junk, then helping him consume it
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

*I feel like a failure because I reached my goal weight and then gained back 80 pounds, because even though I got pregnant I didn't need to gain THAT much!

*I eat sugar whenever I want, and I only consider it cheating if I go over my calorie allowance. Doesn't matter what those calories were made of.

*Even though I was happy at my goal weight and will be again, I was kind of repulsed by the way all my loose skin looked.

*My goal weight is 165, but my super-secret goal weight is 145.

*I've had a few short-lived bouts of anorexic behavior in my life. When I'm not having them, I can't even imagine doing it. The last time was six years ago.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #11  

Okay, I have another one that is really kind of awful. For years I've looked at skinny not-so-attractive girls hanging on a cute guy's arm and hated them for being able to get a man just b/c they're skinny b/c I knew I was cuter than them, just fatter.

Ouch...that's really not very nice.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I weigh every day and if the scale goes up at all I tend to let it ruin my day

I get disgusted when I see myself naked, I feel like the stretch marks and cellulite are gross.

A tiny part of wanting to lose weight it to make an old ex friend envious. I haven't seen her in two years but when I do see her I want to be able to flaunt my weight loss and have her realize she is now the heavy one.

Wow, I feel like I am not a very good person after reading that last one!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #13  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

~I have always wanted to have lipo and a tummy tuck (if I had the money I would have by now)

~I believe my DH wants me to stay this way so no one else will look at me.

~I want so bad to eat a whole bag of cookies or chips ... but I know just one real cookie or chip will mess me up. I don't think I could recover as quickly as some of you do

~I am hoping to stick with this until the end and not fall off the wagon yet again

~I hate this flap of skin called a stomach, if it looks like this now, my goodness what will it look like at the end of my weight loss.

~I don't like any of my shirts now, they're all too big

~I'll be glad when my boobs stick out further than my stomach rolls

~I am afraid I won't be able to maintain when I get to goal

Ok last one ~ I can't stand it when people give me advice (telling me what I should do) on my weight loss. I want to say, is it helping you? If they are not attempting to lose weight, I don't want to hear it. (is that mean?) hope I'm not offending anyone, if I am I truly apologize. But I think we all have goals here, so we're fine

Thanks for listening ... I'm sure I'll have more
Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #14  

Default May I join in?

Hi, I'm new -- I really needed motivation today and found this site. I love this thread. I confess that I:

-- printed out an unattractive picture of myself to carry in my purse to motivate me when I'm tempted to eat unhealthily
-- am resentful that my two good friends, who have both had babies, have remained stick thin while I have packed on the pounds (and no pregnancies, either).
-- want to lose weight strictly for vain reasons even though I had cancer two years ago at age 34 and losing weight would help me avoid recurrence. You would think that would be my biggest motivator, right? It's totally not.
-- have paranoid thoughts that people who knew me when I was effortlessly thin are happy that I am no longer the attractive one.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

Mimi
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I confess that I love to brag about myself on 3FC's!!
Closed Thread