Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Red face Why did I eat that?! (Kinda Humorous)

Ok Ladies (and Gents), I have a story for you about trying to eat the right thing...

So I hard-boiled eggs the other day and put them in the freezer to "quick-cool" them, so that they will peel easier. This works very well, actually, if you remember to take the eggs out. I forgot that part.

Yes, they froze completely. Now, having never had a frozen-now-thawed hardboiled egg before, I let them thaw in the fridge and a few days later (today) took two to work.

Have you ever had a frozen and now thawed hardboiled egg before? No? Well, let me tell you. The thing becomes a porous sponge, that you can squeeze and water drains out. The texture is extremely disturbing. I ate a whole egg anyway. Luckily, I came to my senses and didn't finish the second one.

Why, oh why, did I eat that egg? I wanted protein. I've been doing the C25K and it occurred to me that I really need to get more protein in. Eggs are a much better source of protein than oatmeal. Well, nothing was worth what I just ate.

I feel like this was a reverse of the out of control bad eating. This was out of control good eating. So yeah, just because something is supposed to be healthy doesn't mean it will survive butchering it's cooking process. Any of you ever eat something because it's "healthy" despite some flaw?

I'm going to go try to at myself now...
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

oh, that's too funny.

Sounds like you need an eggie. I love my eggie. Its a little device that allows you to hardboil eggs in the microwave. I love mine so much that I have two - one at home and one for work. That way I can make fresh hard boiled eggs at work.

I've burned hardboiled eggs before and tried eating them. Not good! really, not good.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #3  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Made me laugh! I actually had a craving for dried apricots last night while I was watching a movie :P
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Glad to make others laugh!

And I will definitely have to check out this "Eggie". Thanks chnkymonkey!
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

A little secret about hard-boiling eggs.... first of all, if the egg is "kinda old" it will NOT peel properly no matter what you do.

2ndly, assuming you have a fairly fresh egg! - running a HB egg under cool water for a few seconds will make it MUCH easier to peel.

Yeah, I'm a hard boiled egg genius.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 06-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

yuck. lol whats a c25k
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #7  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I've never heard of putting the hardboiled eggs in the freezer to cool them. Good thing too, because I probably would have done just the same thing you did! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
yuck. lol whats a c25k
Couch to 5k. It's a running program. You can find a lot of info about it though google.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 PM   #8  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Our freezer tends to way over-produce ice, so when I hardboil eggs, I just pour out as much of the hot water as possible and dump a ton of ice on top. It cools them really quickly and it's the easiest eggs I've ever peeled.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

rofl!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I needed that. That is something that I would do. I burn stuff with the microwave so you can just imagine my cooking.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #10  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Yep, that would be a Me move. I may have to try this hard-boiled egg sponge thing at home just out of curiosity!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote